Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Chobani is wonderful and they have a new flavor Apple Cinnamon and it taste just like Apple Pie a la mode:bigsmile:
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Vanilla flavored Greek yogurt and honey...MMmmmmm:smile:
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I only use Carbmaster yogurt , much lower carbs & sugar and comes in lots of flavors!! Yumm
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i like oikos caramel.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    1 serving Fage 0% + 1/2 Mashed Banana + a couple Crushed Nilla Wafers + sweetner to taste = Banana Pudding
    1/2 serving Fage% + 1 container Vanilla Carbmaster (@ Krogers) + 1 serving Pumpkin Puree+ Cinnamon to taste+ Sweetner to taste = Creamy Pumpkin Pudding
    1 serving Fage 0% + any flavor container Carbmaster = flavored, thin downed protein rich yogurt
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I can't eat regular Greek Yogurt but I seriously LOVE Chobani Fruit on the Bottom Blueberry Greek Yogurt!
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was the same way until I tried Chobani fruit on the bottom yogurt. I pretty much just buy the mango - it is my favorite although I bought a few others to try this week. I LOVE mangos. I actually crave this stuff now and I just discovered it! I can't wait to eat it and want to lick the container clean LOL That's how good it is!
  • lindsaymo34
    Options
    Fage is the best in my opinion for plain greek yogurt, but is more expensive than Chobani. Chobani Pineapple is really good. I like Fage Peach, Cherry, and Strawberry. For plain, I will put rolled oats (uncooked), cinnamon, and a sliced banana in it. It's a good filling breakfast of protein, fiber, and carbs. I'll also add cinnamon to plain and dip apple slices it. Plain with sliced bananas and honey. Plain with cinnamon and chopped walnuts. Plain with canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Plain with any yogurt. The combos are endless. It's definitely an acquired taste though because I didn't like it when I tried it a few years ago.
  • gracechild
    Options
    The chobani peach or blueberry yogurt(s) are delish! Stir well.
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Try the Fage brand. I think it tastes the best.
  • hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Chobani plain, nonfat with fresh strawberries and blueberries ~ keeps your sugar down and adds fiber (and a good taste).
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt and eat it in many different ways. During the summer when berries are good, I use plain greek yogurt w/ any kind of berries and some meusli cereal. This fall I was using vanilla greek yogurt with canned pumpkin, pecans, cinnamon and a drizzle of honey. I do the chobani flavors sometimes too. Ultimately plain is the best since it has the least sugar...
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Fage 0% with honey on the side? Yum!!! Also, the cherry pomagranite is wonderful!
  • Put it in smoothies!
  • amoore1960
    Options
    If it is plain, add 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/4 of blue, black, or strawberries and a tablespoon of granola. tastes wonderful and great for you!!
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    chobani plain - add stevia, cinnamon, vanilla, sliced almonds. Sometimes I add cocoa powder also. I have also mixed it half/half with salsa as a dressing for a taco salad.
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    yeah, just don't eat it plain, it's gross like that. buy the flavored kind. I only like lemon chobani and vanilla dannon

Maybe I should try this instead...getting something like lemon that is supposed to be sour instead of something sweet that ends up with sour undertones.
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    I really want to like this stuff but I have tried it plain several times and just don't! I was wondering if you all have some creative ideas to mix it or some recipes that maybe could make me like it :)

I use it like sour cream to boost some of my vegetarian recipe protein stats. I've added it on top of a baked potato with salsa, I've put it into cheese sauces or quiches, I've even stirred a cup into spaghetti sauce before to make it creamier. I do like it plain too, and I like it mixed in fruit and in shakes. But don't feel like you have to treat it like normal yogurt. It's a bit more sour so get creative.

I've often thought the texture was like sour cream! I NEVER thought of eating it like sour cream! Thanks! :)
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    fage 0% is awesome! I can eat it plain, but none of he others. I do like to add honey and sometimes dietary seeds. :)
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    How I eat Plain Greek:
    **Chobani 0% Plain
    **Greek Gods 0% Plain
    **Dannon 0% Plain
    (All because of the lower sugar content)

PB2 Greek
    112 g Plain Greek Yogurt
    1 Tbs PB2
    1 tsp Agave Nectar

Raspberry Greek
    112 g Plain Greek Yogurt
    35g Frozen or fresh raspberries
    1 tsp Agave Nectar
    1/8 c Love Grown Cranberry Pecan Granola

Caramel Almond Greek
    112g Plain Greek Yogurt
    14 g slivered almonds
    1 Tbs SF Smuckers Caramel Syrup (heated)