Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I really want to like this stuff but I have tried it plain several times and just don't! I was wondering if you all have some creative ideas to mix it or some recipes that maybe could make me like it :)

I use it like sour cream to boost some of my vegetarian recipe protein stats. I've added it on top of a baked potato with salsa, I've put it into cheese sauces or quiches, I've even stirred a cup into spaghetti sauce before to make it creamier. I do like it plain too, and I like it mixed in fruit and in shakes. But don't feel like you have to treat it like normal yogurt. It's a bit more sour so get creative.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Oikos by StonyField carries a pretty good line of Greek Yogurt flavours. They even have chocolate flavoured. My personal fave is the honey. Also, if you go to the website at the bottom right hand corner you'll see "Cooking with Oikos" and there's a bunch of great Greek Yogurt ideas.

Check it out here:http://www.stonyfield.com/products/oikos/4-packs/4oz-4-pack-fruit-bottom/honey
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I never buy the flavored kind to much sugar for me, I only buy the plain Fage or Yoplait Greek yogurt, I use splenda to sweeten it to my taste then I add microwave frozen blueberries or frozen rasperries for close to 1 minute then stir them around to make sort of a puree and let it cool a bit and add to the yogurt, for an extra treat I will add in a couple of tablespoons of the powder /in a box kind of cheesecake sugar free pudding to the yogurt before I add in the fruit, it sets up JUST like cheesecake..YUMM.

I also use plain greek yogurt and add some of the powdered Hidden Valley ranch dip and use that for my raw veggie dip....very good that way as well.
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    the Black Swan Greek natural yogurt is creamier than the other brands of Greek Yogurt. Could try that!
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I tried the Chobani Vanilla mixed into my oatmeal this morning instead of milk and it was yummy. I normally mix peanut butter into my oatmeal to bump up the protein, but the Chobani gives me the same protein without all the calories. I'll be using it more often!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Try the vanilla. I add 1 scoop of chocolate whey and 2 TBS of almond butter and stir well. SOOOOOOOO good!
  • janessac
    Options
    Try adding honey to it, it takes the sour taste away and you can sweeten it to taste. I usually add 1tsp of honey, 1/2 a banana, and some granola to plain Astro greek yogurt and it's delicious
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    yeah, just don't eat it plain, it's gross like that. buy the flavored kind. I only like lemon chobani and vanilla dannon
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Best breakfast.....1 serving (about 3/4 cup) plain, FF Greek yogurt (make sure the check the label for the protein per serving, mine has 18 grams but some that say "Greek" in their name do not), 1 serving All Bran cereal (for lots of fibre), 2 TBSP's of ground flax seed and your choice of friut (I used to have thawed frozen berries but became allergic to them, now I'm stuck with raisins in the winter) I don't add anything to sweeten it because I find the fruit is enough. Now I can't eat any other yogurt, they all seem way too sweet to me!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Dannon Greek Fat Free Fruit on the bottom..love the peach, blueberry, strawberry :)
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Try Chobani Pineapple, it is AMAZING!
    [/quote

This!!!!
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    Add a packet of sugar free jello mix.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I prefer the plain chobani and then do my own add ins. Use in a smoothie w/frozen fruit, soy or almond milk and some protein powder (if you are into that). Another great use is to marinate chicken in it with tons of herbs for a tandori-like chicken dish.
    Make Greek taziki (sp?) sauce with it, mix grated cucumber which is squeezed dry, garlic, chopped mint or dill and some black pepper. Great as a sauce on proteins.
  • hellojos
    hellojos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To 0% plain Fage, I've added agave syrup, honey, sugar fee Hershey's chocolate syrup, Nutella, MaraNatha chocolate almond spread, preserves. Usually just a spoonful of any one.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I love love love fage 0% plain with sugar free cherry jello powder mixed in. It's great for me because I hate goopy fruit chunks. I also substitute it for sour cream - on baked potatpes, mexican food, everything!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Try Chobani Pineapple, it is AMAZING!
    YES it is! I like most Chobani flavors. Not honey flavored
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use it to replace sour cream for homemade quesadillas, fajitas and chili. I also like to use it on waffles instead of butter and paired with fresh fruit....one of my favorite breakfasts!
  • iksta
    iksta Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm okay with plain. Less sugar.
    At times, I add in a tbsp of honey.
    Fruits are good to, any kind, really.

Am currently on a yogurt diet :smile:
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Try some sugar free pudding in it...the dry stuff, stir in some of that into it..
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I add a tablespoon(ish) of low sugar preserves to a cup of plain greek yogurt. Yum. For a bonus add a couple tablespoons of GrapeNuts or granola. Double Yum.