Boycotting fast food for 2012 .... Who's in ???

Options
2012 is going to be the year of nothing deep fried. Convenience food will consist of Pita Pit, Subway, etc only.

Can I get a "hell yeah" ?? :bigsmile:

Replies

• springermad
    Options
    Me, me, me ( jumps round like a nutter with her hands in the air to be noticed)
  • bbhartsu315
    Options
    Subway <3... I'm in :3
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Fried > Subway. Just saying.
  • Nsdnjbl
    Nsdnjbl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bye bye McDonald sweet tea.... :(
  • squee83
    Options
    Oh shoot. You've got more motivation then me. There are days when I'll freaking eat nothing but salad with tuna and no dressing for the rest of the day if it means I can have a big mac. Good for you though! :)
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    I don't think I would survive without French fries
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Define "fast food" please...thank you.
  • 0namission
    Options
    Oh shoot. You've got more motivation then me. There are days when I'll freaking eat nothing but salad with tuna and no dressing for the rest of the day if it means I can have a big mac. Good for you though! :)

Exactlyyy! ill start Small.....Fast Food only Once a Month....one serving!
  • zarra76
    zarra76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    goodbye fast food and hello soups/salads.... lets hope I can last longer than a week:smile:
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Subway *is* fast food!
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    Not gonna do it! I am very capable of making healthy choices no matter where I eat!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Subway *is* fast food!

Subway is Delicious.

But I could see me doing this.... I never really eat fast food, so I guess I am in.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Hell, yeah! That stuff is poison! :grumble:
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    No more Mcdonalds, Wendys, Burger King, Taco Bell, A&W, Harveys, KFC, etc for 6 months for me

I will eat Pitas, or Subs

:)
    If I absolutely have to go inside one of the above restaurants, I am going to have salad and water
  • alexbowser
    Options
    Sounds good, pita pit is really the only fast food I eat, but I've been trying to avoid eating out completely.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Subway is nasty...
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Let the boycott begin!!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fried food now it's been 2 years since i ate fried food.For me it's cut down on sweets.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    It's not so bad folks, just make the smart choices off the menu - but I do try to limit fast food places in general even healthy choices, because they are still somewhat processed and loaded with sodium, but some of my favorite choices are:

Chick-fil-a: Grilled Chicken Sandwich or any of the Chargrilled Chicken salads (easy on the dressing and other little packaged condiments)

Wendy's: A cup of chili and a grilled chicken salad of choice (again easy on the dressing)

Subway: Whole wheat bread with turkey and lots of veggies - NO sauces

Chipotle Grill - a steak bowl, no rice, with pintos, tomato salsa, lettuce and cheese (sometimes corn salsa too if I feel naughty)

Always, always, ALWAYS order water to drink.

In most cases if you are STUCK eating at a fast food establishment - go with a grilled chicken sandwich option and no sides. The sandwich is more than enough calories for one meal/snack.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Subway *is* fast food!

this.

and no better than the others. loaded with cals and even more sodium!