Boycotting fast food for 2012 .... Who's in ???

Options

Replies

• ktbkitten108
    Options
    I almost died the first time that I added up how many calories I ate at Subway! Now I just make better choices when I go there, and other places for that matter. I am also another one that can't give up fries. I love those things oh and tacos! But if you workout or eat lower calories the rest of the day you are still ok. Isn't what you eat 90% of the time anyways?
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have been on my healthy lifestyle change since Feb 2011 and havent eaten out since then, No fast food no subway no Mexican restaurants! Do I miss it.. Hell no!

Thats why I have lost 100 lbs!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one bite of fast food since 2005, so why not? I'm in.
  • FitbyFaith
    Options
    HELLLLLLL YES! IM IN...
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    i cant give up my occasional roast beef sandwich from Arby's or salads from some places that are not bad on calories and I use my own fat free dressing instead of their calorie laden one.

I dont fry anything at home and dont think the occasional good choice of fast food will do me in. So I guess I'll continue with what has been working for me for the last 10 weeks.
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Subway *is* fast food!

I agree, I once ate there instead of eating my lunch at work. When I logged what I ate (I thought was pretty reasonable) it was close to 1000 calories (no condiments, was the meat and bread that got me!). So you really have to be aware when eating there. It is so delicious though!

OUCH! Really?

I eat subway weekly, and mine never exceeds 400 calories...
  • Iamflew
    Iamflew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :smile: Haven't touched the big ones in over 6 years!!! I stopped craving it after a month or so...and now I think I have my kids brainwashed into thinking that food will kill you!! LOL!!! Good luck on your journey to awesome health!!!
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid it at all costs not because of the calories because you can choose low calorie options at all of the above, it is the SODIUM that is the killer at all of them which I steer clear of.
    VERY rarely I have a fast food binge and eat all the stuff that is terrible for me (like today, I just about broke down the door at Burger King). Then I guzzle down about a gallon of water and that is about all I eat for the day,....one meal of total crap!
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have been on my healthy lifestyle change since Feb 2011 and havent eaten out since then, No fast food no subway no Mexican restaurants! Do I miss it.. Hell no!

Thats why I have lost 100 lbs!

That's my issue, I ate too much fast food... I am inspired by you.. I hope to be close to your achievements this time next year .. may I add?
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    A whole year? :noway: Nah, can't do it. Sometimes I just have to have a burger & fries. Or pizza. Or milkshake. Or cheesecake. Or.....wait, what were we talking about?:laugh: But I'm impressed with anyone who can do this! Go for it!
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wait... do you consider Starbucks fast food????? Or a hella large diet coke from Mickey D's? I'm sorry I teach 9th graders and need all the caffine I can get at 6am!

But if the answer is no to all of the above - I"M SO IN!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My New Years' resolution in 2008 was to give up fast food and I did it for 6 months (which is a small miracle for me!). I LOVE fast food and in my mind I know it's so gross for me and my body, but my tastebuds say "YES, YES, YES!!!". :laugh: I even give up Dunkin Donuts and for a "New Englandah" this is the biggest challenge of all!

I started giving up fast food again about a month ago. This means no Dunkin', no Taco Bell (oh how I will miss you the second most!!), no McD's, no Burger King, no KFC, and no Wendy's. Of course, my promise to give up Wendy's may break if they bring their mushroom melt burger back! It only comes once a year and I only need 1!! :embarassed: I only eat Subway on occasion but if I find myself unprepared and in need of something to eat quick, I vow I will eat turkey with a buttload of veggies! :laugh:
  • Purpleflipflops
    Options

what is chipotle?

The food place of the Gods. Seriously, you walk in, and hear a choir of angels pulling you to the order line, where, in 5 minutes, you can get the most mouthwatering, taste bud orgasim causing mexican food ever. football sized burritos, bowls filled to the brim with Guacamole and Cheese, and Fresh tortilla chips with the perfect amount of salt...

Oh man. So Good.
  • Mandypt
    Options
    Wait... do you consider Starbucks fast food????? Or a hella large diet coke from Mickey D's? I'm sorry I teach 9th graders and need all the caffine I can get at 6am!

I use to work for Starbucks... If you want to stay drinking it, the key to it is all about "non fat milk" and "sugarfree" syrups... it cuts your calorie intake by 2/3rds.. If you are addicted to frappacinos.. tell them the "light" version and ask for "non fat milk".. most stores have the light version in 2% or nonfat
  • Mandypt
    Options

what is chipotle?

The food place of the Gods. Seriously, you walk in, and hear a choir of angels pulling you to the order line, where, in 5 minutes, you can get the most mouthwatering, taste bud orgasim causing mexican food ever. football sized burritos, bowls filled to the brim with Guacamole and Cheese, and Fresh tortilla chips with the perfect amount of salt...

Oh man. So Good.

they dont have it here in new orleans, no clue...
  • Purpleflipflops
    Options

I use to work for Starbucks... If you want to stay drinking it, the key to it is all about "non fat milk" and "sugarfree" syrups... it cuts your calorie intake by 2/3rds.. If you are addicted to frappacinos.. tell them the "light" version and ask for "non fat milk".. most stores have the light version in 2% or nonfat

So true! I actually treated myself to a Vanilla Bean Frap. a few days ago. Tall, Nonfat, No whip, only 170 Calories.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Trust me, I looked up the calorie info when i first started MFPing (and yes, I really just turned MFP into a verb!) I now order my latte's skinny - nonfat milk, sugar free syrup and no whip! SO SO GOOD and a ton less calories!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Options

what is chipotle?

Oh man. So Good.

they dont have it here in new orleans, no clue...
    I think it's an out-west thing. It just a burrito place. It's really good, and their food is natural and season-scheduled, but it can get really High in calories. They a infamous for giving you a TON of Rice and beans, and then most people get the Guacamole, cheese, and sour cream added on. It's good, it tastes really fresh, and you might think it i healthy, but most items from their menu have 800-1000 calories.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've boycott fast food for 18 months, of course I'm in!! :)

Good for you :)

Watch any of these documentaries, you might be able to find them on youtube, & it will definitely help you stay on track!

http://evolvingwellness.com/posts/998/get-to-know-your-food-6-must-see-documentaries-about-your-food/