Boycotting fast food for 2012 .... Who's in ???

Options

Replies

• 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is too easy give me something else! :laugh:
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    What a great thread...!

I have been fast food free since July. Make no mistake, one can get fat not eating fast food just as easily as eating it. (Hello belly...)

The side benefit has been that I feel much better not eating at those places cause the food quality is crappy.

Slayerdan has some pretty good tips if you are gonna eat there.
  • FiremanSam111
    Options
    No Fast food for me! OooRAH!! :bigsmile:
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    HEEELLLLLLLLLL YEAH!
  • MarkKnoxx
    MarkKnoxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hells yeah! Lead on, man- I'm there!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Since I haven't had a bite of fast food since September ( oh wait - my daughter brought home McDonalds fries in October and I had one....) but other than that - no fast food since September - I'm in!!! Especially since we just re-watched Super Size me...ugh!! :noway:
  • TRIMoses59
    TRIMoses59 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I AM WITH YA! iF i HAVE TO AND NO way around it to eat at a fast food place then it will be a salad only!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I think it's interesting how people talk about huge calorie counts at Subway. I don't think that everyone understands that a foot-long sandwich is definitely two sandwiches, not one. I always get the roasted chicken on whole wheat, so good!!
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    I am eating fast food right now. Although, it is healthy.

About half my meals come from fast food.

If you research the nutrition info online, you can usually find 2-3 nuturitous options at most fast food places
  • FitAtFifteen
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian so, (lucky me?) I won't deny myself pizza or subway though. xD Just one slice when I have and half a sandwich. :) (Just had subway today, too and it was great).
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've been with MFP for 5 months now and, when I joined I was still eating Maccas, Red Rooster and KFC..But I stopped ages ago because of the calorie and salt content...About 2 months ago I had Red Rooster and was very sorry because of the chips and all the salt...It just tasted terrible...

All I eat now is Subway and the only veggies I eat are carrot and lettuce...There is no other salad stuff there that I like. Now if they added beetroot..YUMMY....

So, you could say that I am in......

Also, no way could I give up my Coke Zero...It only has one calorie and I need a fizzy drink every now and then......
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    yes i need to do this, it will force me to keep packing my grilled chicken and fruit/veggies for class. sometimes i forget and get a burger across from the school. eek, so hungry and tired when i am at school, i make bad choices since every one else is doing it. even a protein shake pack will be in my car at all times in case of emergencies. we work so hard to meet our goals to throw it away in a moment of weakness. as the quote goes, nothing tastes as good as thin (healthy) feels.
  • Spinach_Brigade
    Options
    I think a reasonable working definition of "fast food" might be anything you eat that makes you feel worse for having eaten it, instead of better.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have viewed to only eat out once a week. I work at a fast food joint and I'm a full time college kid, so giving up fast food entirely would be possible, but I'm going to starve myself if I forget to pack my lunch or something :-)
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Watch any of these documentaries, you might be able to find them on youtube, & it will definitely help you stay on track!

http://evolvingwellness.com/posts/998/get-to-know-your-food-6-must-see-documentaries-about-your-food/

This is so true. There is an agenda in the food industry and the focus is NOT your health and well being. These vidz are eye opening if nothing else.
  • allierae14
    Options
    I'm in! I have never been big into fast food anyway!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I hit up some fast foods that arent too bad, Jimmy Johns, Chick fil A, Wendys (baja salad).
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do not like fast food anyways.. Im in.. :-)
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I boycotted Mcdonalds years ago. Now I only eat subway or the veggie/sandwich places in the mall.
    This is a great idea!
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hell Yeeeeeah! :drinker: