What odd thing has your pet done?

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
I have a russian blue that plays fetch. Honestly, you throw something like a hair tie or a straw, she will trot her fat self off and bring it back. She has also fetched a wrapped condom before. :blushing:

Replies

• thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    my cat has a drinking problem...

she refuses to drink water out of a bowl on the floor. the only way she'll drink it is if we fill up a cup AND THEN put it in the bathtub. then she'll jump into the bathtub and drink out of the cup.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I have a russian blue that plays fetch. Honestly, you throw something like a hair tie or a straw, she will trot her fat self off and bring it back. She has also fetched a wrapped condom before. :blushing:
    Ours plays fetch too. He will run after and bring back hair ties and feathers. He drops them at our feet and waits for us to toss them again. Loves to chase us around the house too.
    The little weirdo will dip his paw into green olive juice and suck it off and dip it back till the juice is gone. lol
  • skinnnybride
    Options
    He's pretty typical although we feed him a lot of people food and he won't eat a chip without dip lol stubborn...
  • branflake5
    Options
    My dog (Shetland Sheepdog) likes to lick the floor randomly also kitchen cabinets. There is nothing there he just walks up and starts licking lol too funny. Also he LOVES carrots, he will take a carrot over anything. He's almost 12 yrs old and it is the only treat he will even bother doing a trick for.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have a Russian blue who is obsessed with licking my armpits. For 8 years...it used to be cute now annoying when she goes for them.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    This made my night! The only thing I can add is our current dog used to eat underwear & we used to have a cat that played "catch" with a piece of gold elastic!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    my cat Franklin suckles on the tips of my fingers
    he started doing it when he was a kitten to my housecoat then he found my fingers... i think it's a comfort thing, it is also a sign of feline OCD

my sister's cat & my parent's cat also play fetch

my old cat use to lick the walls
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My oldest cat cries at night and sounds like a strangling baby when she wants to play. My youngest cat loves watermelon.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    my cat has a drinking problem...

she refuses to drink water out of a bowl on the floor. the only way she'll drink it is if we fill up a cup AND THEN put it in the bathtub. then she'll jump into the bathtub and drink out of the cup.

My youngest cat will only drink from one faucet in the entire house and refuses to drink from her bowl.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    One of our cats refuses to drink out of his water dish. He dips his paw into the water dish and then licks his paw to get the water. He also bites unpeeled bananas---so we have to hide them.

Our other cat will lay behind you on the top of the couch and put his paws around your neck like he is hugging you. He will sleep like that til you get up.

I had another cat (has passed on) that used to bite my ankles when I would walk by....JUST mine. No one else's AND no where else....Weird place to bite:huh: .
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My daughter's dog chases his tail, and when he catches it, just continues to walk in circles with it in his mouth.
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    my dog is going through anxiety and separation problems. She ate the laundry room door! Really! She eats plastic, she ate her water bowl. She just freaks out.

We just got her a crate -so we will see if this helps her anxiety. (fingers crossed)
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old Boxer named Bella, she is the best dog ever!! but lately I have been in the routine of exercising outside, walking or running, and she knows when I put on my workout clothes that its time to go out side, she sits and looks at me with her excited face, like she is saying "mommy is it time for a walk" she is so cute!! I hate it when I go to the gym...because she looks so sad!!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    I have a 4 year old Boxer named Bella, she is the best dog ever!! but lately I have been in the routine of exercising outside, walking or running, and she knows when I put on my workout clothes that its time to go out side, she sits and looks at me with her excited face, like she is saying "mommy is it time for a walk" she is so cute!! I hate it when I go to the gym...because she looks so sad!!

This! She knows my hrm, my clothes & when I come down the stairs she waits by the closet where her leash hangs!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Cat drinking Jack D. lapping the top of a beer can and then started dry humping a stuffed animal.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My cat likes to lick on plastic. she doesn't bite it; she just licks it!
  • eyoungone05
    Options
    I've caught my cat rubbing her butt on my carpet, I was shocked cuz I've never seen that before
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    On the flipside....i have to kiss my dog's feet when we snuggle.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I had a hamster that had a little house in his cage. This is what the house looked like

product_thumbphp.jpg

This hamster was pretty chubby, so he could barely fit through the door, but he always insisted on taking any food I gave him into the house and eating it there. One day, I gave him a saltine cracker, and he ran with it trying to get into his house. He failed, of course, and this really pissed him off, so he ran around the cage, jumped on top of the house, and tried again to get it through the door. He did this same cycle for about an hour (I watched the entire hour, I had no life) then finally, I decided to put an end to his misery by breaking the cracker in half and giving it to him. I was expecting him to hold the cracker so that he could get into the house with it, but nope, same thing over again. Finally, I just took the house out and waited until he ate the cracker to put it back in.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My dog used to hump her shovel. We would try to keep it away from her. But if it was ever left down she'd go after it. She'd put her front paws on the head of the shovel. And push it up and down.:noway:
    Have no idea how she figured this out.
    She died 3 years ago. She was over 12 years old. Was the best dog in the world. Masterbing and all. LOL