What odd thing has your pet done?

Options

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    If I say "birdies in the window"... my dogs dashes to the window and starts looking for birds (or squirrels).
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I have 2 british blues and they are insane. The girl "cleans" anything with fur or feathers, and steals anything that sparkles. The boy thinks he is a dog and plays fetch, loves water, and barks. Especially at other animal intruders. He meows when he talks to us, and sings every night from his bathtub.

Oh and neither of them drink from a bowl. Running water only, from a tap or fully loaded super soaker.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    JerseyGirlHeart Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When my husky was alone in his kennel (my other dog was at the hospital) he managed to use his body weight to push the kennel to different sides of the room, use his paw to reach want he wanted, and continued to chew everything he possibly could when i was out of the house. this includes sunglasses, a belt, socks, area rug, and best of all, he managed to pull a curtain off the wall, curtain rod and all, and pull in the rod and chew on that. This dog has also pulled three linoleum tiles of the ground and chew them, has swallowed and regurgitated whole underwear, and has ruined a variety of many things in the past two years. He likes to throw up on the couch as well, instead of just throwing up on the wood floor. I provide him with chew toys, we go to the dog park and I have a yard, but I guess it's not enough for him :sad:

My other dog, a border collie mix, is very bright. If the water bowl is empty, he will bring it to me wherever I am and bring it at my feet and look at me, and demand water. Last time this happened though, I filled it up, and he barley drank out of it, and put the bowl in his mouth and flipped all the water out. I think he was being passive aggressive telling me I was wrong in the first place. :huh:
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    We got our cat from another couple leaving for overseas. He was 2 years old then and knew how to play soccer with his owners and their pet dogs. Had for 6 years now. He still will bat the toys/ball around with his front paws to keep it moving. If you throw a cat treat at him, he will pounce and then pick it up with just one paw and bring it to his mouth. Too lazy to bend over and eat from the floor! Never saw any of our prior pet cats do this. But this is the same charmer who drinks from the toilet bowl! Ugh. I think he's just showing up the dog.
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Our female cocker spaniel takes the kids soft toys or ugg boots when alone and licks them. She is going grey from anxiety so we've been told. She also 'humps' blankets or towels if all bunched up or if she gets on the bed and you put your knees up under the blankets. She is desexed too. Didn't know female dogs did that???? She loves the pool obsesively. She goes nuts when the kids put their swimmers on or pick up a towel. You can say 'swim' and her ears lift up and she bolts out the door, runs to the pool gate and stays there crying til you let her in. Absolute water fan!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I have a cat named Addie and she is strange LOL

She will hold the string that opens and closes the blinds in her paws and lick it up and down....it's so weird

0607110743.jpg

She doesn't much anymore, but she use to always be in the bathtub

She "barks" at the birds outside

She also can't stand it when I am outside and she can't see me.... I had the blinds down here and instead of going under them, she pretty much went right through them....eventually.

1030111215.jpg
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I think my dog (mixed autrillian cattle) can speak/understand two languages,,, wolf, wolf and people English! Everything I say, he reponds approrately. Someone told me that after 11 years, what do I expect. Can a 11 y.o dog understands at that age? I wonder
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    My dogs don't necessarily do odd things, but Roscoe (boxer / pittbull mix) will only eat an ice cube when you throw it in the air for him to catch it. If he doesn't catch it, he won't eat it.

Ginger (Akita / Blonde Lab mix) often looks at my husband when he is talking and she will wrinkle up her face and forehead as if to say STFU...............that is hilarious.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Our cockapoo Lilly is silly. If her water bowl is empty, she will push it with her nose all the way into the other room to show you it needs filled. Funniest of all, is she will not sit for a treat on a non-carpeted floor. When you tell her to sit, she just looks at you, but the second you walk onto the carpet, she will sit. I think she doesn't like the cold on her butt.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,699 Member
    Options
    My dog (Shetland Sheepdog) likes to lick the floor randomly also kitchen cabinets. There is nothing there he just walks up and starts licking lol too funny.

This is hilarious. I have two male Shelties and the puppy does this ALL DAY LONG. The older one does it here and there. Funniest thing was right before I read this thread last night I was up in the kitchen and the puppy followed me. He shoved his head between the fridge and the cabinets and started licking away as nothing!

The other thing they both do is roll around on the floor on their back grunting like little piglets. Makes me laugh every time!
    We also have two male shelties, Laddie and Buddie, and Buddie licks the kitchen cabinets too. He also likes to close the dishwasher for me. That's all fine and good, unless I'm not ready and haven't quite gotten my hand out of the way yet. :noway:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My pets do so many weird things, I can't possibly list them. But the one thing one of my cats does that I have never seen any other cat, dog or anything else do is he plays with his feet. He will lay on his side or back and attack his back feet with his front feet. Kind of like a human infant, only he's angry at his feet and not trying to put them in his mouth.

He's a 23-pound black cat who looks more like a small panther!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    My 65lb black lab, Daisy, is as friendly as can be. But....she has a BIG SCARY bark. So, when someone comes to the door, or walks in teh hallway, she used to run up the stairs to the door barking. Well, I HATEd this so I would tell her to "go to bed" when she would start, and she would run back downstairs and lie in her doorless doggie crate. Well, yesterday, UpS came by, and daisy, oddly enough, was already upstairs, before he even rang the bell, shew as jogging downstairs, letting out little barks and growls of discontent and getting in her crate. I was in hysterics, couldn't figure out why she was doing it and then, the bell rang. Instead of teaching her not to bark, i taught her to do it from her crate. lol.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    OMG! My siamese loves to play fetch. He's gotten out of the routine now that he's gotten older, though. It was so cute seeing him run around with a little ball or toy hanging out of his mouth, then trotting with it towards you. AW!

My siamese also loves bottled water, especially drinking it out of the cap. You keep having to refill it and, when he's done, he'll play with the cap. SO cute. Unfortunately, you feel like you're being mauled when you want a bottled water.*LOL*

Shannon
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not really odd, but funny. My fixed female min pin loves to hump the cats kickeroo. And when she does it she gets soooo into it that she does a headstand and then falls onto her back all the while still humping!:laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Not really odd, but funny. My fixed female min pin loves to hump the cats kickeroo. And when she does it she gets soooo into it that she does a headstand and then falls onto her back all the while still humping!:laugh:
    Fabulous visual! LMAO
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Not a story about my pet, but my Dad was in London as a child during the Blitz. The family cat always used to know when an air-raid was coming and would run upstairs and hide under the wardrobe minutes before the warning siren sounded!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old Papillion that will lay on the floor and suck on her toy squirrel. She cradels it between her paws and kneads her paws like a cat would on a scratching post while she sucks on her squirrel. and she makes thes wierd, moaning noises when she's doing it. but she only does it when all the family is home, if one of us is out of the house, she doesnt do it until everybody gets home.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old miniature poodle likes to "comb" people's hair. If you happen to be laying on the couch, he will go up to your head and nibble your hair, then run the strands between his front teeth.

I also have a 6 year old goldfish named King. He lives alone in a 10 gallon tank and his castle. He's lived alone for most of the time because whenever he has been in the same tank with other goldfish, he attacks and kills his "friends".
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old Papillion that will lay on the floor and suck on her toy squirrel. She cradels it between her paws and kneads her paws like a cat would on a scratching post while she sucks on her squirrel. and she makes thes wierd, moaning noises when she's doing it. but she only does it when all the family is home, if one of us is out of the house, she doesnt do it until everybody gets home.
    That reminds me...our cockapoo Lilly has a toy zebra. She holds it the same way and licks its butt. It's the only part of the toy she licks.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    We have a scratching post in our living room. Wehnever I get home or go to bed, the cat runs to it and jumps on top. Turns his back to me and tries to appear disinterested, but he really want me to come over and scratch his back.

2 nights ago, I walked right past him. Must've p*ssed him off. A few minutes later my wife walked in to the bedroom. Asks: "Did you ignore Joey?"

Me: "I guess I did. oops."

My wife: "Well he just went over to your Motorcycle Jacket and puked on it."

DOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!