40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Well, here it is Monday again! I had a good weekend overall. I made it to the gym on Saturday and did mostly weights, and just a bit of cardio. I do feel a bit intimidated by some of the guys that are there on Saturdays, but I am there for me, not them!
    I had Jacob over night on Saturday and we went to a birthday party during the afternoon. He had such a good time! I did well staying under in calories on Saturday, but yesterday was a whole other story. We BBQ'd for Father's day and my mom bought some amazing desserts. My biggest weakness! I did not behave myself! We also got home quite late so I didn't make it to the gym this morning, but am hoping to walk tonight if the rain stays away. (I think we might all float away soon in my corner of the world!)
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Had a great weekend, hope y'all did too! Went bathing suit shopping for the first time in a good 5 years and I can report I'm the proud owner of a brand new 2 piece bathing suit FOUR sizes smaller than the one worn last July :blushing:

Comparison pics below...sorry if I'm being a tease I would not let ANYONE get a picture of me in a bathing suit before, no need to start now. My sweet hubby however looks exactly the same (bit less hair).

Have a nice rest of the day Kids. Oh yeah, back to the gym today, DEADLIFTS are on the menu tonight.
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    dx1lci.jpg2weez3q.jpg
  • KellySue67
    Options
    newbeg- love the pictures!

Made it out for a 2mile walk last night. Hoping to do the same today. It was a Jake day today so spent my morning hangin' with him!

Have a good day all!
  • jlaplount
    jlaplount Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Progress report....I made it through the two weeks of being on the road and continuing the Insanity workouts. Monday was Fit Test day and frankly...I KILLED IT! I improved on all 8 of the tests over the first time I took it two weeks ago. My daughter came down to see what I was doing and counted the reps for me. I was great hearing her words of encouragement behind me...telling me when I reached my previous score. Super motivating! And the reward??? Weigh in today was down to 176! Only 11 lbs to get to my goal weight.

I have read a lot of posts about lifting, but I really don't know my way around the weight room. Any recommendations for some lifting exercises that I could do at home with a couple of dumb bells? I would like to get some more definition in my arms, shoulders and especially my core.

Thanks in advance! Have a wonderfully outstanding week everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Great pics!
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Would love to joing this group! I'm 43, and trying to get fit for real this time. Hitting the weights to build back that muscle that time has taken from me!!! I use a fitbit and try to get at least 10,000 steps a day and am lost when it come to eat this, don't eat that type stuff. I mostly have to do lower carb/sugar since diabetes runs in my fam, and I'm fairly sensative to them.

I just got married (2nd marriage) in March, and have one son, and my husband has two that we get for the summer. Bout to be a busy, ACTIVE, summer!! :)

Nice to meet everyone!!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi rhonderoo.

Yesterday's meal-planning went very well and I ended up about 35 calories UNDER for the day. I'm sure there's "salt bloat" on my body, right now, but that'll be off by tomorrow or Friday, so I'm not worried.

Today, I get to lift. I'll step on the scale today AND friday just to make sure I'm getting the right scale weight reading.
  • KellySue67
    Options
    Good afternoon All! Had a nice surprise yesterday. I got out of work early and found that my grandson was still at my house! My daughter had some things to do after work and then came over a little later and she and I went on my two mile route walk while grandpa watched the little man! Nice night.

Rest day today and the gym tomorrow. Yeah!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    im 42 and buying a minivan today. How cool is that?

*crickets...
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    im in day 5 of a self imposed 38 day shred. Burning 1K+ per day, eating 2000 cals and at least 240g of protein (im 6'5 236.6)

Im about to go run for an hour and did 150 pushups earlier today.
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options

*crickets...
    Dude NOOOOOO!!!:laugh: Im 43 , 6"1 and 233 and currnetly doing Ripped As A Rhino Strength Training & Cardio. :bigsmile:
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

*crickets...
    Dude NOOOOOO!!!:laugh: Im 43 , 6"1 and 233 and currnetly doing Ripped As A Rhino Strength Training & Cardio. :bigsmile:

I'm 40 6'0" 194 and I TOO am Doing the patented?? Tricep A Tops - Ripped as A Rhino Strength Training & Cardio .... oh and I drive a Honda CBR1000 .... everywhere ... in any weather ... :bigsmile:
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    48 here , almost 49 so I guess I only have about 15 more months to be cool ;)

running 5ks , getting faster , down to 26:15 and debating running a half with some 30's relatives

just an old guy trying not to get decrepit ;)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    40y female
    5'3
    Feelin great in clothes
    Next goal *feelin great in the buff*
    Still working at being inspiring &/motivating *myself & others*
    Planning on buying a Dodge Avenger soon
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options

*crickets...

I'm 40 6'0" 194 and I TOO am Doing the patented?? Tricep A Tops - Ripped as A Rhino Strength Training & Cardio .... oh and I drive a Honda CBR1000 .... everywhere ... in any weather ... :bigsmile:

lol, well im 6'5 236 and doing the massive Godzilla Mode 38day shred, stomping the villagers of Fatslavia.
  • MeAnTtOBeThIn
    MeAnTtOBeThIn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Looking to join the Cool Kids :) As supportive as so many of my other friends are...some of them are much younger and dno't understand how much more difficult it is to lose weight after a certain age :flowerforyou:
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am 43 up in here.
    I drive a Pinto.
    Don't hate.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    yay for seeing your grandson, kellysue!

I expect all the "peeps" in between your post and my post are just 'drive-by's", so I'm paying ZERO attention.

I got my lifting in. For whatever reason, I'm super-hungry today. So, I already had my protein shake and usually that's it until supper-time. But, I just downed a protein bar, too (1/2 carbs, and 1/2 protein - about 230 calories).

I hope that holds off the hunger until supper-time - which is, like 5 HOURS away. Ugh.

Hey, cataract surgery is now "looming" for me. CATARACTS - AT MY AGE!!!

Ugh, ugh, ugh.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    yay for seeing your grandson, kellysue!

I expect all the "peeps" in between your post and my post are just 'drive-by's", so I'm paying ZERO attention.

I got my lifting in. For whatever reason, I'm super-hungry today. So, I already had my protein shake and usually that's it until supper-time. But, I just downed a protein bar, too (1/2 carbs, and 1/2 protein - about 230 calories).

I hope that holds off the hunger until supper-time - which is, like 5 HOURS away. Ugh.

Hey, cataract surgery is now "looming" for me. CATARACTS - AT MY AGE!!!

Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Dive-by?? Drive-by!!!
    Ok, guess you are right...

But I am parking now!