40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday :drinker:
    I did some hill intervals last night - it was awesome! Went for a nice long walk today (almost 2 hours)- only a brisk walk, not race-walking. I love Sundays.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Great to hear how everyone is doing. It's motivating. I am through Week 1 of Insanity and it's wiping me out. Today was a rest day and almost went for a run but it was cold for Florida and I am just not used to anything below 60 degrees. So stayed inside and did a P90X Chest and Back since I really should rest my legs.
  • KimsWeightloss
    Options
    Just stopping in here to say a quick hello to all the cool 40+ kids here! I am 42 and very happy to have MFP as a source of motivation and to also make new friends. Motivating others and as well as being motivated has done wonders for me! :-)
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day....So stayed inside and did a P90X Chest and Back...

:laugh: Sorry, but seeing the two of those together makes me laugh :happy: P90X Chest and Back is the mother of all workouts man!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

:laugh: Sorry, but seeing the two of those together makes me laugh :happy: P90X Chest and Back is the mother of all workouts man!

OK....just what is a hard day for you???
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options

Ummms, yeah!! I just did this one on Saturday and it killed me...but of course pull ups and push ups aren't my thing... something tells me I'm not alone in this as far as other women go, I don't think any of us naturally find this too easy (except maybe that crazy lady in the Chest and Back video)...... Great job nonetheless hamncheese.

Welcome Kim!

parys--are you somewhere warm where you can get outside?? Am jealous...can't wait for more outside exercise.

Great to see all the weekend activity.

On the weekends, I usually have to do my exercise programs w/my 7 year old in the room. On Saturday, during chest and back, he basically did the whole routine alongside me! When they did the pull ups, he goofed around and pretended to pull himself up on the table. For push ups, he sort of just laid on his stomach and stared at me.....But for the weights, I just gave him 3 lb weights, told him not to whack me in the head, and surprisingly he did it! Anyway, it was kind of fun. I feel good that he knows what exercise is; knows what warm ups and cool downs are. And then when we aren't exercising, he does really weird movements and says "mom, is this one of your exercises??" and usually, even though he's clumsy, I can find a few similar ones to tell him his looks like. Some of the ones on P90x are wacky enough to be similar.....

Well, today is day 66 of P90x for me...plugging right along! I can't wait to be done, although I do love it. At first I liked having a "plan" for the day that I didn't really need to think about, but now I'm ready for a little less structure. At least I'll have that for early spring, as I aim to be done the 2nd week of March. Yay!

have a great day!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Last week I was heavier than I had been in a while (229) so I went from maintenance to lose and logged like a fiend.

Weigh in this morning = 222 - 7 pound loss for the week!

I was supposed to start Week 6 of P90X2 this morning but I forgot my AC adapter for my laptop when I went to the gym so I had to compromise and did 7 miles on the elliptical (64 minutes)

My starting weight on my birthday in June 2009 was 333

My lowest weight ever was November 2010 at 219.

I have stayed in the 220s throughout 2011 and 2012.

I THINK I am going to continue to log and get lower and go below and see how I feel in the 210s.

I will continue week 6 of P90X2 in the morning with Plyocide.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    I like your plan, Umpire!

It's back to heavy-lifting for me, today. And, I've been reading enough data to lose my protein bars. I've got a plan in place with HOW to replace them with healthier proteins. And, I'll be sticking to that plan for the next 2 weeks.

And then....hopefully permanently.

So far, so good (I began on Sunday).
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

Yeah.... looking back (or rather waking up this morning) I should have rethought that. Ouch... I say, I'm sore today.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

Yeah.... looking back (or rather waking up this morning) I should have rethought that. Ouch... I say, I'm sore today.

Guess it seemed like a good idea at the time!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday,

Had a full weekend, but did manage to get all my runs in.
    Took a weekend stained glass workshop that ran the entire weekend, and my son and his g/f were up to curl in a mixed bonspiel. So after the workshop I'd run to the curling rink and watch the games.

I did my long run yesterday and struggled through it. Not sure why I am struggling so much with them as my runs during the week are great. UGH! 16 miles of torture. All I can say, is thank goodness it's done! :tongue:

Umpire - 7lb loss in a week!? Man, you guys kill me. Congrats to you for logging it all. Logging does work! I am sure you will be in the 210's in no time. :happy:

Chris, so glad you are having fun with the dating. Sounds like a good way to spend the day to me.

Robin, that is so cute that your son does the workouts alongside you on the weekends. He's learning good habits young.

Welcome to the newcomers. :flowerforyou:

Strength training for me today. Was going to x-country ski, but the gal I go out with is a little sore for our last outing, so we'll hold off until tomorrow. She needs to be ready for our biathlon this weekend. :wink:

Hope all you cool kidz have a great day.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Umpire - 7lb loss in a week!? Man, you guys kill me. Congrats to you for logging it all. Logging does work! I am sure you will be in the 210's in no time. :happy:

Remember, as I said before, I was as heavy the week before as I have been in a long time. For the past year and a half I have hovered between 223-227 on average. Last week I was 229.8 and said...NOPE, not hitting 230 :-)
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or are Mondays International Chest day? cant get a bench anywhere lol and i'm a trainer at the club-Ty, from now on Mondays are leg days ;):glasses:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    All I can say is that all of the January resolution-ers have left MY gym!! The parking lot is more empty, you can find weights in the training rooms, and the REGULARS have lost their "grump". Love FEBRUARY!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

parys--are you somewhere warm where you can get outside?? Am jealous...can't wait for more outside exercise.

:laugh: Not really. I'm in Alberta, Canada - I am just used to the cold and enjoy it (if I didn't, I'd never leave the house 8 months of the year). Although, to be fair, we've had a particularly mild winter so far.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that all of the January resolution-ers have left MY gym!! The parking lot is more empty, you can find weights in the training rooms, and the REGULARS have lost their "grump". Love FEBRUARY!

Same with the YMCA. But, we are starting a new session in two weeks. The classes will be full again for a while.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hey, parys, I'm in Alberta, too! No complaints about this winter - NONE!

I'm not sure I'll get a work-out in, today. We have a new assistant starting today, so we are doing a department "welcome" lunch, which is usually when I work-out. But, I could squish in something after work if I'm really determined! (Will see how much STRESS I have to burn off by that time....could be PLENTY!)
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    happy V-day to me, xoxoxo, happy V-day to all the single moms, they need love too-Ty
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a cake in our break room that I am trying to avoid like a plague!!! LOL so far so good... :laugh: No zumba for me tonight, cancelled to be home with hubby. So I'd better eat well. I have also been having foot pain and went to see the Dr, xrays came back normal so it might just be a sprain. Taking naprosyn and will try to take it easy the next few days. :flowerforyou:
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    Hubby knows I am working to take off a small weight gain so I do NOT anticipate any obstacles because of the holiday!

I am one of those "addicted to the scale" and am trying something new this week: not weighing every day. I am here to say it TOTALLY improves my attitude; I don't let what the scale says decide my behavior or mood and it is SO LIBERATING!!

Hope you all find a way to show those you care about how important they are to you on this day, a day of LOVE!! And I hope you have some in your life who will do the same for you!