40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Michelled1919
    Michelled1919 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This group is very encouraging! Like the vibe!! Start started last week...218....140 is my goal! :smile:
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm happy to report that I only have 1 day left on level 1 of 30DS! My daughter has noticed my increased energy and wants me to restart level 1 with her on Thursday. I'm going to since I fell off track after a few workouts, and it took me 6 weeks to complete level 1. I'm still walking inside with my Leslie Sansone DVD, but the time change is just around the corner, so I will be alternating my walks (hopefully walk/jog routine from C25K) outside soon!

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend (if you were off today)!
  • cndrlla
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids - Nice to here about how you all are doing. I completed my 2nd week of Insanity and took the fit test for the 2nd time today and saw overall improvements, so that's good. Took my son to the State Fair on Saturday and I did indulge in fair food. Had a fried crab ball (called "Devil Crab"), deep fried Oreos (awesome!), a gyro, and some wok fried soba noodles w/ teriyaki chicken which was actually full of fresh vegetables. Stomach wasn't too happy the next day though. :smile: It was a fun time, I knew in advance I wasn't going to eat well, and what's the point of going to the fair with no fair food, so no regrets and back to my regular eats this week.

My daughter mentioned Insanity tonight, and I told her I wasn't ready for it yet. lol I want to make it through the 30 Day Shred first. Great attitude... life should not be full of regrets... it should be enjoyed! Everything in moderation, right? :)
  • KAB0
    KAB0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later... I'm tagging this because y'all do seem to be the cool kids- I didn't see a negative post anywhere on here and that was totally refreshing! Thanks to everyone for that.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: cndrlla, Wonderful that you are exercising with your daughter. I am trying to get mine to do this. How old is your daughter?

:flowerforyou: KABO, I could make a negative post with the way my life is going this week. But, I won't.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:
    Michelled1919, stick with us. You will get to your goal.:heart:

hamncheese67...seriously????? Fried Oreos? WOW
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    hamncheese67...seriously????? Fried Oreos? WOW

Yeah, so good.... my son had the deep-fried Reese's peanut butter cups. (Good too, I had a bite.) Just about deep-fried anything there (I saw twinkies, Snickers, bubble gum, Hawaiian punch,....).
  • lad9669
    Options
    Just turned 46. I just joined MFP but have lost 90lbs but the last month or so have gained back 15. I want to hit 190. I really like the vibe of this group.
  • jmmogg
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm new here! I started MFP 3 weeks ago and have lost 6 lbs. I'm a little sad that it isn't coming off quicker. I'm staying within my calorie range of 1200 per day and have met my workout goals. Typically I don't eat back my workout calories. I've added spinning 2-3 times a week and am noticing changes in my body, but not the scale.

I'm 47 years old and need to lose about 50 lbs.

Any suggestions?
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    I haven't checked in much, lately. I love reading everyones updates :smile:
    I'm down 2 lbs (3 if you count the gain from a couple weeks before). I've been getting in some great race walking, especially difficult in the fresh snow covering the ice :ohwell: But it sure adds to the difficulty of the workout, I may not be going as fast as usual, but my heartrate is sure up! I've also been adding in Ripped in 30 workouts during the week. Barring a less than restful sleep last night, I'm feeling great.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,991 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone had a great weekend! Nice!

jmmogg, maybe you aren't eating enough. 1,200 calories doesn't work for everyone and may be too low for you, given the exercise you are incorporating into your regimen.

I'm doing HIIT/stretching today, and CAN'T WAIT. I can tell that my body has TOO MUCH STRESS coursing through my veins and the work-out should help with that!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    This is "Recovery Week" in P90X2 so lots of Recovery+Mobility and Yoga but I started it yesterday officiating 6 fast pitch softball games - Noon-8:30 - 3500 Calories by HRM! ***WHEW***

Tonight and Thursday night I officiate youth basketball.

So much for my "easy week" :-)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Work-out DONE and apple in hand!! I feel M-U-C-H better!!

Also, I am REALLY going to focus on NO BAD EATING this week (well, and for the next 8 days until Hawaii...). Since 80% of what happens depends on what goes into my mouth (with only about 20% being due to my various exercise pursuits....), I am going to 100% succeed at THAT 80%. No cheats. Not a SINGLE ONE.

I promise!
  • cndrlla
    Options
    Swissmiss ~ My daughter is 23 and is motivated to get rid of her baby weight.

jmmogg ~ Welcome! I'm 47 as well (for another 3 weeks anyway) and was happy to see 4 lb losses at my first 2 weigh-ins, but I've slowed down. I usually fall between 1200 and 1500 calories per day depending on the workout for the day. I had a few weeks where I wasn't consistent in the exercise department, but I'm back on track and hoping to see, at least, 2 lb losses from now on. Heck, I'd be happy with 1 lb per week considering I didn't gain this weight overnight I can't expect to lose it as quickly.

On a side note... I'm about to finish (my) Day 10 of Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. I took a photo on Day 1 and I will take a photo for Day 10 also as I feel a difference, but I want to see one. :smile:
  • cndrlla
    Options
    Just turned 46. I just joined MFP but have lost 90lbs but the last month or so have gained back 15. I want to hit 190. I really like the vibe of this group.

Great job lad! Life sometimes throws us a curve ball, and it takes a bit to get back in the game, but I know you can do it. :smile:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Work-out DONE and apple in hand!! I feel M-U-C-H better!!

Also, I am REALLY going to focus on NO BAD EATING this week (well, and for the next 8 days until Hawaii...). Since 80% of what happens depends on what goes into my mouth (with only about 20% being due to my various exercise pursuits....), I am going to 100% succeed at THAT 80%. No cheats. Not a SINGLE ONE.

I promise!

I'm sure YOU can do it!!:flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello cool kidz

So many new folks and lots of great posts!
    beeps - baby time is the best. My granddaughter was here yesterday and I just love to cuddle with her. She is almost 8 months old and so entertaining. :heart: :heart: She makes my heart happy whenever I see her.

hamncheese - deep fried anything sounds delicious. Not sure I would eat it, but it sure sounds good! I can understand why you weren't feeling so great afterward.

umpire - how many calories burned so far this month? I am sure you are waaayyy up there!

cndrlla - great job with the 30 day shred. I've done a couple of the workouts, but never 30 days. I did do P90X and am thinking of starting it again. I really liked those workouts. Not all of my DVDs worked which was a pain, so I did have to compromise, but still awesome workouts.

luvmy - you certainly have been through alot in your young life. I cannot imagine my life without exercise and do think about that when I struggle and complain about having to go out. I have to remind myself how lucky I am to be able to do what I do. You are a reminder of that. Love your attitude young lady. You really are a survivor and a trooper!

Chris - Chris, where are you?? I do believe our boy is in love. :love: Good for him! :happy:

Came down with a nasty cold this weekend, but did manage to get my long run in yesterday. It was a beautiful day and I did not want to pass it up. Had a good run, with a 5 min negative split. Yeah, it's a hilly route. Today, I tried to run and my ankle hurt so bad. Not sure what I did to it, but it would not let me run, so I did 55 min on the elliptical. Not very fun, but still a workout. Am hoping tomorrow will be better.

Better get to bed - had planned to be in bed early and here it is, almost 11 p.m.

G'night cool kids. :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: sdereski, they say that we can exercise while ill as long as we are not running a temperature. I would add if we are not throwing up.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Beeps, continue to log in every bite that you take. You will make it !!!! And by the way...I found out yesterday that I will have a new grandchild in about 8 months. First child for my youngest son.

Since this is basically a shutdown week at the YMCA, I haven't been doing anything. With the exception of all the walking I do at work. Close to 10 miles a day now. I want to take my youngest daughter to the Y tonight if for no other reason then to soak in the whirlpool.

:flowerforyou: cndrlla, this is the daughter that I am wanting to spend time with while exercising. Maybe when she is the age of your's she will see the light.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

umpire - how many calories burned so far this month? I am sure you are waaayyy up there!

I forgot my HRM on a few so I don't have an accurate count.

Monday I start Phase 2 of P90X2, Watched the video I will be doing Monday - I anticipate lots of "modified moves" :-)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hi all!!

cndrila - I hope you see some photo results, too! those are THE BEST! (I have to take measurements and photos this weekend - it's the end of month 2 of the challenges I am in!)

All these grandmas here!! And you don't look old enough to be grandmas....at least not the "grandma-types" of the 1970's.

It's a lifting day, today - deadlifts aren't my favourite, but I'll get through it.
  • gibbyup
    Options
    Wow, everyone is really working hard, and it sounds like it's paying off! When I grow up on MFP I want to be just like y'all.

My update:

Third weigh-in tomorrow morning *fingers crossed* and hoping to continue the downward progress.

I have sped up my walking pace from 20 mins per mile to just over 14 mins (and that is walking uphill!!!)

Bad news is that I think I'm suffering from plantar fasciitis; my right foot is quite sore :sad: but I am working through it

Happy Wednesday everyone, and keep up the motivating posts!