40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OMG @mommylern5‌ that salad looks awesome! 5.5 way to go!!!!

Took an early peak at my weight tonight & am excited to see what it is tomorrow...I am down from my weight last week with dinner in my belly and two walks in tonight. Got really excited a couple of days ago when I checked in with the Naturopathic Doctor at work. She checked my waist and hip measurements, my waist was down a couple of inches but my hips were up. She told me not to worry about that because it could be just muscle. I Love Her! My buttocks is all muscle. LMHO. Anyone else realize that when you lose weight you seam to lose it from top to bottom. Odd how when we gain it is the other way. Hmmm

Really fulling breakfast idea is black beans, cooked in a dry pan until they are warm and you and smash them with a fork to make a paste (aka...refries beans. I think), you spread that on toast and top with a teaspoon of salsa. Might sound gross but it is really good and filling.

Thank you Jackie! ☺️
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Mommy, that is a good looking lunch. You should contribute to What's for Supper???? http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1216261/whats-for-supper#latest

The more the merrier.

Larro
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I got my lifting workout in today!

This is HUGE for a couple reasons:

1. I had to fit it in AFTER lunch!! It has been AT LEAST 2 years since I went into a workout NOT FASTED!! So, it was NOT a good workout - I was quite nauseous throughout, but I got it in and done!

2. I really wanted to SKIP the workout....but, decided to just show up and see how it went. So GLAD that I followed through on the promise that I made, to myself, to just "do the workouts" whenever I don't want to.

3. I will sleep waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better tonight because I went and worked out. I am looking forward to sleep, glorious sleep!

BOOM!

❤️ this! It's so awesome when you don't feel like working out but do anyway! It feels so good! R
  • aiyvega
    aiyvega Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want in! I'm 41, about to turn 42 in a week. I need to lose 40 lbs, but need help! I lack the motivation to continue eating healthy long term. Please friend request me!
  • babenoit
    babenoit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 45 and would like to drop 50lbs. for good! Fitness pal is great I just need commitment to keep tracking and folks that hold me accountable!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Caramel, sorry for your loss. (((Hugs))))

@crosbylee‌ sorry to hear. I know how much it hurts to lose the furry babies.

Hello to everyone!!! Sorry I've been soo busy.
  • malavemadi
    Options
    Me too. Count me me me
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Morning Cool Kids!!!! Have been MIA for the past several days on MFP AND my food choices and I have seriously paid for those horrid food choices! LOL
    My tummy is NOT happy with me for that. Back on track today. I have a goal in mind for our cruise in May and I WILL make it darn it! LOL

Hope that everyone is doing well and that you all had a fabulous weekend and have a great week ahead! :)
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Crosby, sorry to hear about your dog.

Larro, so true. I have decided to just walk every bit I can and "listen" to my feet. Guess I´ll be one of those grannies that proclaim out of the blue, that bad weather is marching in ;) I love the pics you upload. And I have to admit to some green envy. I miss having open spaces around me, or even just a tiny bit of garden. Well, we are saving up, so hopefully one day :smiley:

Going for a walk before picking up kiddo.

Have a great day!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey cool kids,

carmel - so sorry to hear of your loss. Am sure that in the days to come, you will be a tremendous support to Mamford's wife, because she knows how much you care.

Beeps, am not sure July is the best time to see the Northern Lights in Iceland, but you might get lucky. Usually the time to see them is between September - April. We were there is December the first time, and we didn't see anything then either, so it really depends. We had a glorious light show here last week. Living on the lake, the stars and Northern lights always seem to be more spectacular than they are in town.
    Snowshoed on the weekend and aggravated my blisters once again. Was supposed to go yesterday, but decided to give them time to heal a bit more. Did Zumba and then body blast which was more interval training. I am SORE today. We did one section of constant burpees...sore behind this morning!
    Visited with our new baby on Sunday. She is growing so beautifully. Saturday, kept my lunch date with Esme. She says the cutest things.....this week, as she took my hand she said "nonna, I am never sad when I am with you." :)<3
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the condolences. He will be missed.
    On a positive note, I have been losing pretty steadily lately. I am expecting it to just stop anyday now, but for now I will take it. I have a brief trip planned to go antiquing with a friend for a weekend and just enjoy some time away. I try and plan to stay on point as much as possible, but I know it may not be as strict as I am at home. We will be walking quite a bit, so hopefully I can bring back some gorgeous bluebonnet pics.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning Cool Kids~ Not much to report today. I had Jake this morning so no work out. Pretty quiet overall. Hubby has a Dr appointment today so we will see how things are coming along. Someone from the rehab is going with him since I have to work. It really stinks being so far away! Any way, I am going to one of our local schools to see a program that a professional theater group does there to see if there are any ideas or other things that I can use in my program. Should be interesting.

Well, I hope everyone has a good day! B)

Oh, Almost forgot- I will be going to kickboxing tonight so I guess I will get a workout in today! WhooHoo!
  • Ginaaa71
    Ginaaa71 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @StephannieL‌ I too went on a spring break no diet. Didn't log one single food because ignorance is bliss...until you get on the scale. Then I wanted to kick myself. I hit it hard yesterday, low calorie and walked twice. My back and knees are screaming today, but I lost 2 of the 5lbs I gained at my food party. I thought BYOB meant 'bring your own burger'. I have to make jokes otherwise I will cry. The only food that was worth the weight gain was the Girl Scout cookies. They count for 1lb I'm sure. If someone can win a lawsuit against Mcds for being clumsy and spilling their own coffee on themselves, maybe I can sue my neighbor girl for obesity? Jk I know I'm to blame and the coffee was boiling hot! Today I'm reaffirming my goals and by telling all of you what I did, I'm owning it. (Deep breath here) now I can move on
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Greetings Kids, not much to report today.

I am hurting from the neck down as the 5 circuits left me out of breath and winded. I was able to get through it 2 times completely. It running after each circuit, thus my winded status. We have a new classmate that takes crossfit frequently and he made me feel like I just started attending the gym. I know you are not supposed to compare yourself to others, yet it was hard not to notice his STELLAR performance. I aspire to do pull ups without the use of straps. I am going back to an old class on Wednesday mornings and that is spin but the twist is you use straps while spinning to tone your upper body. Here is the kicker...you ready? The class is at 5 a.m.....I did that class for years at 5 a.m. and I rather work out in the morning so I can let that energy loose during the day versus sitting up all night wired. I lost almost a pound this week. I will take it.
    I had raw pasta and made my own nut type of alfredo sauce. I was stuffed like I had real spaghetti, yet I was so hungry when I left the gym.

Have a great day everyone.
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @Ginaaa71, totally understand and feel your pain!!!! :)
    We've got this!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    caramel - the crossfitter will disappear soon enough, due to one injury or another....

:)

My maxstrength class, today, was TOO much cardio! Wtf?!?! I told the instructor afterward! I mean, really?!?! Ymca offers 25- cardio classes a week....and 3- strength classes. For pete's sakes, make the strength classes about "strength", already!!!
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @Ginaaa71‌ props to you, as they say, for owning that. Cannot make changes in our lives if we don't see what we are doing.

Just finished my second 35 minute power walk. Feel very energetic now. Will definitely need my melatonin tonight to sleep.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Decided to go ahead with the legs workout at kickboxing tonight (did a great kettlebell class yesterday morning). We did pistols, squats with weights, lunges with weights and one leg burpees, my legs were jello and that was the start of class! Knee feels a little off though, so hot bath with epsom salts and some vanilla cinnamon baileys it is!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hello Cool Kids.

I'm sure y'all have heard of the Midnight Playboy. Well today I was the Midday Plowboy. Although it was a chilly 65F while I was working my green beans with my trusty hand plow.

6lgiireo4l6g.jpg

Yesterday I had to run down to the creek camp to get a roll of old Sucker {a kind of fish} wire to finish fencing Mamma's garden. The creek was too high to do any Sucker fishing this year. Here is where we put the wire in when we fish them. Note the electric lights. No low rent setup for these rednecks.

aw45xelbw9r2.jpg

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    l7zkgk80cmhb.jpg

Happy Hump Day!! Kickboxing was challenging last night. Mountain Climbers and squats with weighted medicine ball while standing on the bosu ball were tough for me. hard to keep your balance sometimes! I loved it though. I think because it is so challenging and I definitely feel like I've worked out when I am done! No workout today- this time for sure!! It's my long day, but it's all good in the end.

Larro- love the pic of the creek. Looks like a cool place just to hang out! I'm not one for fishing, but love a good spot just to be!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

It's good to see everyone getting their workouts in. It's been weeks since I have done any kind of regular cardio other than my shower squats. Most days I'm getting plenty of Ranchero cardio though. I need to get the mowers going this morning. The grass up by the house is getting past the point Margie will ignore. Also the flowerbed has to be weeded before the volunteers get too big. Last year over half the flowers were from the season before. I will weed, then sprinkle a few seeds and be done with flower planting for the year.

I've been jamming out to old concerts on You Tube this morning while I'm doing my usual house cleaning duties. Especially the '83 show with Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Ron Wood, Bill Wyman, Jan Hammer & Charlie Watts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcEW2dj6Dfk

It is amazing how young they all look. And how bad the video production was back then. Well not all of them look young. Joe Cocker just came on for a few songs, and he was showing the signs of hard living even way back then. A lot of those guys were making music before I was born, and I ain't no spring chicken. It's enough to make a body feel old if he were to stop and think about it. Luckily I have no time for that. Got to run. Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    The creek picture makes me wheeze just looking at it! I am allergic to every single thing IN that picture (EXCEPT the light bulbs!)!!!

Yes, kellysue, happy hump day!

I am at the office, today. Then have date night with hubby to go and see live theatre - exciting!

I will get in a workout today - won't be hammering too hard, so no PR's or anything....but I will LIFT. BOOM!