40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids.

I've been in the garden all morning. {950 calories burned before lunch} I planted cucumbers, peas, sweet corn, melons, Asian pole beans & field corn {planted together so the beans can climb the corn stalks} and cumbers from Iraq. Margie's old boss from when she worked at the Agricultural Extension Office was high up in the National Guard, then did a stint as a State Department contract employ in Iraq. Now it is raining on what I planted. I have plenty of tomato and pepper plants that need transplanting into cups, so y'all don't have to worry about me running out of things to do.

E's Mom, so good to hear from you. You are often in my thoughts. I'm sending you an E-hug.

Sdereski, I think the Carol Burnett look is always a winner. Have fun. How long does the curling season last?

Caramel, don't over do it with your workouts. I deal with knee and shoulder pain everyday, so I pick and choose what I do according to how I'm feeling.

Curious, glad to hear you had a stay at home day. Unless my weekend customers come in and pay their deposit before noon on Friday, I will have five straight days off. From last Monday night to this Sunday morning. Usually I would be singing the blues about missed work {$$$$}, but I have so much to do around here, I'm not minding it at all.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else,

Larro

PS: Yesterday when I was working on the flowerbed, Bad word was keeping an eye on me. {open image in new tab to get a larger view}

8ypt8eqf7ooi.jpg

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi All~ It's late in the day for me, but several meetings and stuff here at work have been keeping me busy. I did have a phone conference with my husband's team at the rehab today. They all say that he is doing well and hope to have him out of there within the next 30 days- hopefully sooner than later.

Kickboxing tonight. Should be a great time!

Keep on being AWESOME! :awesome:
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Today was a bit of a rest day for me but I managed 2 miles walking for 40 min. Tomorrow is my 4 mile run! Hope everyone is staying positive!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Kiddies !

Trying to appreciate the little things here. Here's my list for this week....Found a " Fraggle Rock" vhs , " Patch Adams " vhs, and a size 8 skirt ( may be too loose didn't try it on yet ) at the Goodwill yesterday. Love me some Fraggles. Also found progresso soup at the Dollar Tree. Today it's 75 degrees so I worked outside. I even found an old tiger's eye marble out in the yard. Tonight's dinner is already prepared, and tomorrow's pot roast is cooking low and slow. :)

Re-gained 5 lbs. Still under goal. I blame the sweets. Friend's brought a cake to the bbq last weekend. Sponge cake covered in whip cream/pineapple mixture. I ate most of it myself plus most of the 3 ( 9 oz. ) peanut butter eggs I brought for the family for Easter. You could say I was out of control. Reigning it back in now. So far so good. LOL

E'sMom - I know exactly what you mean. I often feel that way. Hang in there. Just picture Larro doing his shower squats :)

Tracy - Don't even mention " bikini " LOL. No one wants to see my saggy thighs.

Hello Newbies and welcome.

Caramel - I didn't forget you " You always leave me in awe of your stamina ".

Larro - Love those pictures. Keep them coming.

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    I do like larro's photos....the naked-shower-squatting image is full-on disturbing though, lol!

KellyS - hubby home in 30 days?!?! You must be thrilled!

No workout today. Girls' night with alcohol. Super fun!

BOOM!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    aaahhhh, Miami, Alf, that sounds amazing. I wish I was enjoying that sunshine.

I have been hanging on and trying to find more motivation. Did plant my inside garden seeds and have quite a few that have come up. It is really great to see some green foliage and life coming through. Those of you who live in the winter climates can relate. The last couple weeks it seems work has taken over and I am sad to say I have not made exercise a priority. Work has been profitable and have had a great sales month :) Just need to get more serious about making myself schedule time for my health

Great reading all your posts and motivating workouts!!!!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    KellySue, glad to hear your hubby will be home soon!

Larro, i have not even contemplated our planting, think hubby plans to stick the seeds in the ground. We'll see how that works out.

Well my legs are still aching from Kickboxing Tuesday! So far kettlebell Monday and yesterday and Kickboxing Tuesday and tonight. Other than walking to and from work tomorrow I won't be working out since I'm going out to dinner. Saturday will just be kettlebell, no double workout since we're going cross borde to shop.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just checked my weight and I know if I wouldn't have broken down and had the snack I did before bed I would be down more. Lost 2.8 lbs this past week. Total is now 8.6 lbs.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just checked my weight and I know if I wouldn't have broken down and had the snack I did before bed I would be down more. Lost 2.8 lbs this past week. Total is now 8.6 lbs.

Congrats, that is a nice loss!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Kids

Hope all of you are well.

KellySue--I am glad to read about your hubby. I know you are thrilled.

Ruby70--Perhaps your planting and us dancing in cheerleading outfits for you will motivate you (smile).... You can do it. I have confidence in you. This journey comes with its highs and lows.

Beeps--I hope you are not too hung over and ready to lift heavy today.

Larro--I am glad each of you told me to chill out to save my knee. The pain was so bad on Tuesday, I wanted immediate surgery to make it stop. That is when I knew I had to make a change.

Jackieunlimed--Congrats on your loss. Happy for you.

Alf--Have a great time

Sdereski--Please keep us posted on the bonspiel...I would love to see you dressed as a plumber..I hope you have a great time.

Emmalou---Everyday is not peachy, and when you are down and out that is the time to reach out even more. Support is not only warranted in good times, you need most in bad times. It is safe to say with most of us in our 40's we have many badges of honor aka LIFE. We are here for you.

Kate-- I was just starting to wonder where you were and if you were ok.

I have 2.6 more pounds in which I will have lost the 10 pounds that I had regained. I lost a little over 2 pounds this week. After that 10-15 in which I hope to have finished by May. I am sick of these last stubborn pounds. I am so sore from Interval Burn and my PT Session. Interval burn is my 3rd week taking it and I sweat more in that 30 minute class than I do in my 60minute ones. I love it nonetheless and it's a challenge for me, which I love.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    k0r868dd4p26.jpg

Happy Friday all! Kickboxing was a workout, as always, last night. :sweat_smile: I slept in a bit this morning as I have my little guy for the weekend so I want to be well rested. :sleepy: A visit with PawPaw and a stop at the plane museum on the way home are on tap for tomorrow. Church on Sunday and then taking the him home after. We will have a blast for sure. I will have to watch my food intake though as I won't be involved in any structured workout. Just chasing after a 2yr old all weekend! :D

Hubby walked 50ft yesterday with the walker!! He's shooting for no more than 3 weeks left of his stay at the rehab. I would be grateful for that- it has been a long haul!!

Have a great day all!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    No lifting today. All day board meeting + hair appt.

My success this week is the creation of my "no nighttime snacking" streak...5 nights and counting!

If this streak continues, I know the scale will cooperate!

BOOM!
  • Emmalusmom
    Emmalusmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I want to say thank you to everyone for being so supportive!! :) I have gotten more support here than in my personal life, so I want you all to know that you do make a difference. (At least in my life.)

I did walk agian yesterday we even ramped up the speed. We were trying to beat the rain. Plus we got a late start due to the interstate was shut down because the President was on his way back to the airport that I work by.

My granddaughter is having her 4yo birthday this weekend. I got her a sandbox and we have to put it together and fill it with 750lbs. of sand. I think that I will get some workout with that alone.

Happ Friday Everyone! Have an awesome weekend
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday cool kids,

Just popping in to say "hello". Busy day so far, with not a whole heck of a lot getting done! It's one of those days.
    Managed to get out for a nice, but very cold, windy walk yesterday before bridge. We did almost 4 miles.
    Alf, we are enjoying sunshine here as well, but with -22C temps! I am SO over winter. Ugh.
    Kelly - great news about your husband! My goodness, you will have to learn to live together all over again. ;)
    Carmel - GREAT job on the weight loss! You are simply amazing and so inspirational! You have worked so darn hard to get where you are. You really go have this!
    Emmalu - pleased to see you back and you feel supported by this group. Keep on coming back!
    kate - am sure you will reign it in again and stay on track. You too, have done extremely well.
    Beeps - no night time snacking is a HUGE win!
    larro - love the pics -keep 'em coming!
    3furballs - nice workouts! Who has time for double workouts when you are working FT and have a young family? You go girl!
    mommy - nice "rest" day. :)
    jackie - nice loss for the week. Wow!

Need to get back to work - will try and get pics of our costumes for Monday!
    Have a great weekend everyone. :)
  • spartridge89
    Options
    So, no caffeine...soda OR coffe, even tea since Sunday evening. That's HUGE for me!!! I've lost a few pounds thanks to it too, so that's made the headache worth it!
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good eve. Everyone! Did my 4 miles in 50 min. Today woohoo! I try to read every body's stuff but there's so much! :-)
  • 21angelic
    21angelic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Would love to join the "club", I'm 5'1, 60 years old and 147lbs I plan to lose 1-2lbs a week
  • mcb2874
    mcb2874 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the group too, please. I'm a 41 year-old woman with systemic lupus. I'm 5'4" and weigh 260 lbs. I have struggled my entire life with an extra 10-20 lbs. then, when I was pregnant with my daughter (she's 8), my lupus became extremely active and became extremely ill. The only treatment for the disease safe for use during pregnancy was the steroid Prednisone. For the last 5 mos. of my pregnancy I took 60 mg a day of the drug, a fairly high dose. While My pre-pregnancy weight was about 170 lbs, at delivery I weighed a whopping 280 lbs...Prednisone is infamous for causing weight gain, even at low doses. After delivery--& for the next three and a half years--I was on a regimen of 17 different medications, the great majority of which were meant to suppress my immune system and prevent lupus from ravaging my body. Once a very active woman, the pain, fatigue--and the side effects of the medications--kept me confined to either my bed or the couch.
    Fast forward five years. While I am now in full remission and no longer taking any of the vast array of meds I once did, I am left with a body permanently damaged by the disease--my range of movement is limited and I will always suffer chronic pain--and completely out of shape. Being so I'll--becoming so I'll so quickly--really makes you realize what little control you have. Most of the medications I took after the birth of my daughter had a side effect of weight gain, and I was grossly overweight from the massive doses of Prednisone taken during pregnancy.
    While I weighed 295 lbs at my heaviest, I weighed 264,6 lbs when I started using this app 4weeks ago. I've been using it religiously, even recording my water intake. I'm proud to say that four weeks later, in spite of the fact that I cannot exercise, I'm down to an even 260. This app is so easy to use and makes me accountable to the only person that matters...me! :p
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the motivation of everything you have all been doing today and have coming up over the weekend. I'm revved up!

From getting tons of exercise chasing after a 2 year old to filling a sandbox with 750 lbs of sand to a fantastic 50ft walk (Awesome!!!) to faster walks trying to stay dry and no night snacks and great weight loss with a ton of knee pain (I can relate Caramel didn't understand how bad it was sorry!) and 4 miles done in 50 minutes and newbies doing awesome already.... We've all got this! Let's kick this stuff we no longer want in our lives to the curb like extra weight and medications we no longer want to be on (when we are able to that is). Woot! Woot!

Maybe I'm a little too motivated and excited...??? Still going to try to use this over the weekend to kick things up a couple of notches. :#
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options