40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    A couple of pictures of my team in costume. The one that is not in costume is the one that wanted to go as sexy.....in the end, she didn't dress at all. Party pooper.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @allenpriest‌ That is very true!

Well two 45 minute good walks with the dog done today as well as a 15 & 20 minute strolls.

I've been trying to check out running apps for my phone. Last year I just used the one I had on my old blackberry but noticed it wasn't keeping time properly. I also would like to find a good app that gives me more than just the C25K. Anyone have any suggestions? I want to work up to a 10k and eventually a half marathon and hoping a full marathon, if not actually running in one to be able to go the distance.
  • JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @sdereski‌ those are Awesome pictures!!!! Way to stick to your plan and looks like the other team members that dressed up had a blast as well. Well done!
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I did so good this weekend staying away from temptation & even getting my workout in on sat & sun. I even stayed away from the choc cake wooo hoooo! Tomoro it's 4 mile run day. Hoping to do it outside this time
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    A couple of pictures of my team in costume. The one that is not in costume is the one that wanted to go as sexy.....in the end, she didn't dress at all. Party pooper.

I'll never be able to "unsee" that! :)

Looks like y'all had fun.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Kids...

I am happy to see so much traffic going on in here. Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

I started my day slipping down my basement steps. Needless to say I hurt my leg and not sure if any damage is done. I will go to a patient first/urgent care type facility to make sure I have not sustained any damage.

SDRESKI--Love the pictures and it looks like you had a great time, despite your party pooper (lol)

ALF--I do not blame you for turning off your phone to avoid the international roaming charges and besides you need to relax and unwind. You look great. Have fun and take loads and loads of pictures.

JackieUnlimited--Great job on the walks and I am unsure about other apps. I also have C25k on my phone. I am sure some of the more seasoned runners on here can enlighten you.

AllenPriest--Hope you are feeling better.

Kate and EmmaLou--Hope both of you are well and still running course.

Larro---I hope you had a great time and the pictures of the place where you stayed....PRICELESS.

KellySue--Hope you had a great weekend.

If I forgot anyone, please forgive me...Today I will blame it on my leg. Oh my goodness I am in a bit of pain.

Have a great day everyone
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids :)

Wow Larro! That is one mighty fine lodge. Where in the states? is it situated?

We are in Northwest Florida. I looked on Google Maps and the lodge is 15 miles south of Marianna and 3 miles westsouthwest of Altha {on the Chipola River}.

• larrodarro
    Options

She does have on a ball cap. Maybe that is 'fancy dress' to her ;)
  • larrodarro
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

Caramel, hope nothing is seriously wrong with your leg. After the 2nd round of MRI's on Sister's shoulder, she told us she fell down her daughter's stairs when she was out in Denver a few weeks ago. The moral of the story, don't fall down stairs. {jk}

ML5, congrats on staying away from the chocolate cake. I can do pretty good if I don't taste it. After that I am not responsible for my actions.

Jackie, you are turning into a walking machine.

Trish, congrats on the new job. Good luck with it.

LN107, I wouldn't mind a little of your rain. The Larro Ranchero is so sandy, if we don't get a good Spring rainy season, my garden pays the price during the summer.

I had a busy weekend. Friday and Saturday I worked in the garden all day. Also got a start on planting some grapevines I've been growing in cups since last spring. Only about halfway through with that project. Sunday I was able to get back to work so I could get some rest. Not sure what I will get into today. The grass needs cutting, but that is not my idea of a good time.

Glad to see we are still growing. Welcome to all the new guys, and hello to everyone else.

Have a good day,

Larro

Bad Word had to make sure the recycled potting soil I was using in planting the grapevines was in good order.

sz7wy5nf30oo.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids! Larro - you always take a great photo too... behind and in front of the camera ;)

Thanks. But it would have been nice if Margie had told me to comb my hair. {it was windy this weekend}

• KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

Caramel- I hope you are ok. That doesn't sound like fun at all. :'(

Larro- love the lodge pics. Looks like a really nice place. And your cat too. So Cute! Looks like he/she needs to be in the middle of everything!

Sdereski- It looks like you had a lot of fun by looking at your pictures- what a riot!

Alf- I am sure you are already on your way, but have a great time!

I had my grandson this weekend. We were busy bees all weekend. Went to visit PawPaw on Saturday and then went to see the planes at the Curtiss Museum. Jake just kept pointing and saying "planes, planes". We then made pizza back at Grammy's house and "Chef Jake" got to put the cheese and pepperoni on! Fun times!
    dn3kcnjxnqe0.jpg
    ylvdxs5rvtn4.jpg

I was exhausted after Jake left yesterday afternoon, but did go for a walk down to the end of my road- Holy Hills! It was a good workout and I will probably do it again, but thought I was going to die a couple of times on my way home as the hills are much steeper coming back. I ended up sleeping in this morning and am still feeling very tired, but hopefully the day will improve.

Welcome to the new folks. Hope you stick around for a while.

Have a good day all!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    sdereski, nice pics!! Looks like you guys have a fun time;

Jackie, nice job on all the walking. I'm not a runner so unfortunately no idea what a good app would be;

Mommy, nice job staying away from temptation, we won't discuss my mint chocolate m&m feast!

Allenpriest, hope you are feeling better;

Caramel, really hope you didn't do any bad damage to your leg, that would very much cramp your awesome exercise style!

Larro, I need you to come plant my garden (we plant in May, usually by then there is no more night frost);

Well I did my kettlebell on Saturday which was good since I think ate less than healthy food all day (after having a fabulous cupcake the night before too), spent the day over in Pt. Huron shopping so that's where I picked up the mint M&Ms (can't get them here, which is probably a good thing).

Spent Sunday doing the grocery thing, didn't bake like I should have so hoping to do that tonight;

Got to kettlebell this morning and I had borrowed my mom's scale for the week so I could weigh myself first thing in the morning and as of this morning I was 143.8! So that's down from the 149lb I started the year with and I have been using 1800 calories (that is net since I was doing TDEE - 15%) so here's hoping the scale keeps on moving down. I am not good at calorie restriction, I work out a lot and need energy for that and for chasing/dealing with three monkeys at home. Plus I just like food and beer, yummy!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Keli Sue, looks like Jake would take off on that plane if they let him. So glad to hear Hubby is improving. I'm sure taking Jake to see him is the best medicine.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    Options

Those pictures are HILARIOUS!! Nicely done...

...and, party poopers SUCK. I mean, really...

• Beeps2011
    Options

I started my day slipping down my basement steps. Needless to say I hurt my leg and not sure if any damage is done. I will go to a patient first/urgent care type facility to make sure I have not sustained any damage.

Boooooooooooooooooo.

:(

Hope you are okay!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    Finally a CUTE KITTIE picture from larro!

....I KNEW this would happen....eventually....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I lost ZERO scale weight in March.

Despite my fervent efforts to decrease (and eventually eliminate...) night-time snacking.

This was VERY discouraging!

I don't have much to lose, but it is starting to be true, for me, that the older I get, the TOUGHER it is to even doff-off 5 lbs!!

I am sad about this. I will continue to eat less through April in an effort to get back to the summer-weight that I want.

Blech.

Oh, and today I will go and lift some heavy things....might as well use the blubber to do that, at least....
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Back after a few weeks hiatus. Started a new job Monday after ending the old one so it is has been full speed ahead for the last 2 weeks. I am doing terribly (+2.5 lbs) and just not moving. This job is much more sedentary than even my last desk job (such a small place there is no where to walk around). The area is kind of bad for lunch walking (narrow roads with commercial traffic not looking out for pedestrians). I will need to find some sort of solution.
    Caramel hope you are ok.
    Hatfullofsky - so sad about Pratchett. I've read everything of his...
    I've missed you guys!
    Nicole
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love our diverse group! It is really nice to be able to see different parts of our world.... it is a highlight of my day to come out here and see what is going on.

Furballs - great job on the weight loss, it sounds like you have found your groove and it is working.
    Caramel - I hope your injuries are not too bad after your fall this morning, you poor thing. Please get that checked out if you think you may need some help. Not the kind of extreme fit workout you needed to start the day with.
    Mommy - great job on having a good weekend and not giving into the celebration weekends can bring too often. I know that is my hardest time.
    Alf - great pics, cannot wait to hear back from you when you return, I was in the Dominican one time and absolutely loved it, the clearest blue water.
    Beeps - so sorry to hear your scale did not move with all your efforts in March, that really sucks. I know you will push through and I bet you will break the plateau in April
    Kelly - those pics of Jake are priceless, he is so cute. I love that age. I love having my teenager but miss those days when he was so little.
    Larro - Keep the pics coming. I will send some of my indoor garden soon.
    Curious - where are you? I hope you are doing well. I miss hearing from you.
    Sederski - very funny pics, you have such a great social network and I can tell they are a blast.
    Nick - so good to hear from you, congrats on your new job. Be patient it will come together for you and you will find a way to get the movement in.
    Jackie - great goal on the 10K, keep up the running

I hope I did not forget anyone.. was not intentional.

Last week started going a little better, I got up and started moving more. Work is demanding but I need to put the time in for myself too. I have been fighting with the scale not moving for too long and it really demotivates me when I put the work in and do not see any loss. I decided last week to put my workout efforts in for a different reason than the scale. I need the exercise for my mental health and I have put that as my 1st reason to do it and 2nd reason is too keep my body strong. I hope scale goes down along the way but I decided I needed to change my motive because the scale motive is not working and I keep going through highs and lows.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    I have been fighting with the scale not moving for too long and it really demotivates me when I put the work in and do not see any loss. I decided last week to put my workout efforts in for a different reason than the scale. I need the exercise for my mental health and I have put that as my 1st reason to do it and 2nd reason is too keep my body strong. I hope scale goes down along the way but I decided I needed to change my motive because the scale motive is not working and I keep going through highs and lows.

Thank you for posting this today -- I NEEDED THIS READ!