40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Oh!! Here you guys are... lost you for awhile!!!!

How is everyone!!!! Seriously need to lose this last bit of weight!!!! Need to stop attending family parties that last days!!!! LOL!!!!

Will be back and read all the rest of the postings!!!!!!

Alooooooooooooohaaaaa!
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just a quick check in to read the latest with all of you and say hi. My jog didn't go as well today and for once it wasn't because of my knees. Just kept tiring out and alternating jog & walk. Usually I can jog 30 minutes or more straight without walking. A little worried about my 5k in three weeks but hopefully it was just an off day today.

tron...belated Happy Bday.
    Beeps & Alf, you guys sound like the Energizer Bunny :)
    Brains....welcome!

Happy Spring everyone and have a good week

:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    mary - 3 weeks is plenty of time to get ready for the 5k. You are doing the right stuff! Do you ice your knees at night?? Are you getting enough sleep?

alf - sheesh, YES EAT MORE. You already know this.

I get another $20 tonight! In fact, because it's been such a long day at the office, I've blown off the restaurant club I'm supposed to be at, to just go home and have some fish and veggies. Healthier. Fewer bad choices that could be made. And, I like paying myself the $20....what can I say??
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome brainandgirt!!!

Beeps... Do you actually pocket the money? I would! :laugh: actually I'm thinking about starting an exercise jar. Every time I exercise I put some cash in it and save up for something I want. Guess it's one way to motivate yourself.

Alf.... My brother and his wife are doing pretty good. They moved up by me. His youngest daughter loves it here... The teenager, not so much. What do you expect, she's a teenager and hates everything :laugh: My brother called me the other day and told me his wife is pregnant again. I pray everything goes well. She did have two miscarriages before she had their son and then to lose him on top of it I'm sure she must be scared to death. I would be....

Thank you for the birthday wishes Mary :flowerforyou:

So has anyone heard from Sing yet?
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Duplicate post - Sorry
  • Umpire57
    Options
    On week 11 of P90X2

Went with the extended - 6 week Phase 1, 6 week phase 2, 4 week phase 3 plan.

With that I am scheduled to go to phase 3 after next week.

Not sure if I am quite ready for that. We will see.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!!!! Things going well over here. I am still trying to up my calories a bit but I feel fine, not so sure if I really need to be eating more than I do now...

Tron, good to hear about your brother and his family. I will say a prayer for them. I have a friend whose niece passed away from SIDS and her sister had a set of twins after that. They are very healthy and already close to 2 yrs of age. I hope everything turns out well for them.

Umpire, keep up the good work!!!

Gotta go, at work. :flowerforyou:
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Great to see everyone doing so well. I'm really looking forward to Spring and the better weather. Need to plan out my excercise goals for OUTDOOR stuff! I haven't been excercising much but am doing a great job with maintaining my wt and eating well. Hope that the lbs will start to fall off when I add back in the excercise. Swiss, your spinning classes really seemed to have helped you drop a few lbs. You're the closest to your goal I've ever seen you! WTG! :drinker: I wish I could find a spinning class here but soon I should be able to BIKE! Take care everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm glad to find a place that I fit in :-) :-) :-) I am Lee-Ann, I am 42 and have been on mfp for 45 days now and I am addicted to this site!!! I am happy with my weight loss so far! Anyone that would like to add me that would be great I can always use more support.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    mother of 3.. 44 years old, turning 45 soon.. yipes.. i need to lose at least 20 more pounds maybe 30. starting to feel my age (or older) as i snap crackle and pop my way through my exercises..
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I had a great work-out today. And, even though I ate a *bad* snack, I stayed within my calorie limit for the day, so it's another $20 to me. (And, yes, I pocket the cash, and yes, I have plans for this cash if I reach my goals in say, May or June.)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome karylee. Good idea to keep limber when you are so young. It does become harder to move as we age.

:flowerforyou: Lee-Ann, love it that your profile name is your real name reversed. Clever.

:flowerforyou: crew, I am sorry to say that I skipped my spinnng class last night. And, also my strength class. I am having pain in my middle back. This is very unusual for me. I really was concerned that I would get into my racer back exercise shirt, have my back really act up, and then not be able to get out of the shirt.:laugh: Has this happened to anyone? Crew, you are such an inspiration for me. You are so active.:heart:

:flowerforyou: Annette, I hear you about being at work. That is the only time I am online anymore. No internet at home so I have to go to Tim Horton's to get online when not at work. Their lattes are rather good. I just need to stay far away from their Cap Surpreme. Very high in fat and calories.

Well, my day is about to begin. Talk later.
    Becky
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: tron, men can be so frustrating. We can work the same hours outside the home but the woman does the housework. Ok, my husband is working about five more hours a week than I. But, that is because he is getting some overtime. I still have to get up at 4 to ride in with him to work as we have only one car. I don't have to begin work til 8.:grumble: But, after work, I go to the YMCA, he goes home, eats and then goes to bed. I get home, he takes the car and goes to the Y. He does take the trash out. But, only the trash in the kitchen. I get the rest of the house. I don't think he has ever touch the sweeper, washer, dryer. That is my job along with doing most of the cooking. Ok, done griping. Sorry.:ohwell:
  • Umpire57
    Options
    I mis-looked; I have 2 more weeks in Phase 2 and a recovery week before Phase 3. I feel a little better now :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I hope your back is okay, swissmiss.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Time sure does fly by when busy. It is coming to my year end at work, so am busier.
    I also had a couple of B&B guests this week - they left this morning.

I did get my long run in on Saturday and it went really well.
    I was doing P90x, but things came to a halt when DH came home and the B&B guests arrived. Will try to pick it up this week.
    Even if I do every other week...I am still doing some strength training the off weeks. I workout with a couple of girlfriends at a local gym and do weights.

Beeps - I like your idea of pocketing cash if you are under in your cals and workout. Nice.

Tron - belated birthday wishes.

Alf - how is your lifting going? Are you seeing a difference in your body?

Swiss - you can gripe all you want - we do do most of the work! Where do you live that there is a Tim Hortens? I know they are in the US, but I didn't think they were in many places. I know there is one in Times Square in NYC!

The weather has been beautiful here for this time of year. I keep waiting for another blast of winter as this is much too early, but if it never comes - bonus!

Ump - good job on that P90X2!! It sounds tough.

Welcome to the new ladies - happy to have you here.

Am off to run tonight...and hoping to do a P90X workout afterward.

Have a great night all.

Silvana
  • saintsfanatik
    saintsfanatik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Why yes, I AM a cool kid! :)

Hey folks, glad to have found you. I'm 46, and am trying to finally lose the 100+ pounds that have been on me for the last 14 years. I'm using a ketogenic diet. Feel free to add me to your friends list!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just found this topic and I am 42 years old and I love to run. I have only ran 2 half marathons, but I have done triathalons and 5ks. My next half is March 31st.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Welcome saintsfanatik and sharonsjones. I hope to see more posts from both of you. Enjoy the thread !!!!

Ok, beeps....where do I find the money to keep for being good?:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Silvana, there is a Tim Hortons about three blocks from my house. I live in Piqua, Ohio. It is fairly new and I do have to be very careful about what I order. I love the high calories iced drinks topped with whip cream.:bigsmile: I do stay away from the donuts.

I missed last nights classes again due to my back. It even woke me up in the middle of the night. I rolled over and my back screamed. I am hoping to see my chiropractor tonight. Sitting in a whirlpool helps but only for a couple of hours. I am sure that the other members of my exercise groups are thinking that I have backslidden.

Becky
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and I still can out sprint my U14 Girls soccer team, "old people rule, kids drool!"