40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

mkwood - I do remember you - once you provided the update. Nice to see you back. Congrats on maintaining and keeping up the healthy lifestyle. WTG!!

It's been a very quiet weekend for me. Church Thursday and Friday. Did my long run today. WOOT! It was a good one. Now, I can begin to taper. I have a 15 miler next weekend. That's pretty much it for my long runs.

Am taking my son & his family and my MIL for Easter brunch before church tomorrow, then dinner with more family.
    Think I'm going to have to stretch tomorrow. I felt so much better when I did it after my last long run. So P90X X-stretch it is!!

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter. :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter, all!

Good grief - I can't imagine my husband being away for a year....your attitude is SUPER mkw - good for you!

sde - your runs sound LONG and I'm exhausted just thinking about 15 miles!! Again, you are obviously very driven and it's nice to see all these women who really are DOING IT FOR THEMSELVES!!

Yay!

I worked out HARD on Friday and HARD yesterday. Today is a rest day - although one gf has asked me to go for a walk with her, and I will probably do that.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter! I haven't posted in here in a while. The first time I checked in this thread I had just started Insanity and yesterday, I completed it! All 62 days which somehow I managed to do on schedule. There are some pluses to using videos at home, and one is that if I didn't get my workout in the morning, I would do it at night, though sometimes it got late.I also passed my 1 year mark since actively working on losing weight. I started April 4, 2011 with the Power 90 videos (for the third or fourth try) and then joined MFP later on April 26, 2011. The whole tracking calories things really helped as I have never stuck with trying to lose weight any longer than a few months. Now I haven't felt as good as I do now at age 44 since I was in my mid 20's.

Here's a comparison pic from May of last year to now.

beforeandafter.jpg
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! :flowerforyou:

MKWOOD.... Good to see you. It's gotta be so hard for you having your husband gone for so long. I never see my husband except for maybe a half hour before bed but at least he's around. I don't know how you do it.

So I woke up this morning, took the dogs out, made coffee, then sat down with my iPad and looked on facebook just to realize by all the "Happy Easter" comments that I didn't make my husband and son their Easter baskets last night. Oh well, at least I don't have little ones anymore. :laugh: They won't notice anyway they sleep late.

Don't plan on going anywhere today. My mom wants me to go over to her house but quite honestly I don't want to. Some of the reason is because I need to get caught up on my house work but mostly because she is a hoarder and I hate going over there. Is that mean?

Hamandcheese.... I just saw your picture! Oh my gosh you look amazing! Great job you must be so proud! :drinker:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Holy cow, hamncheese - you have worked EXCEPTIONALLY hard - and you've achieved GREAT RESULTS!! So, CONGRATS to you - your pictures look PHENOMENAL!!

(I keep telling everyone, on ALL the boards, to TAKE THOSE PHOTOS!! I do, at the end of each-and-every month!)

tron - hope you made it through Easter the way you wanted to. :smile:

Today I meet with my personal trainer and we work through Stage 4 of NROL4W. I'm quite EXCITED!!

And, I'm excited that it is Monday and I can be BACK on the exercise wagon, the good nutrition wagon, ALL the wagons....it always make me feel pretty good with the "Monday fresh start" program I have developed for myself, lol!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....Happy Monday. Going to catch up on post. Just wanted to say you are missed.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    P90X2 - Phase 3 Day 1 Complete - P.A.P. Upper

I watched it this weekend before doing it this morning. Watching it; I was thinking... It don't look that tough. I don't know why I was anxious.

Then I did it! - Looks can be deceiving! - I was sweating profusely and found that it was quite tough! I also made some not so flattering grunting noises (Hope the others in the gym did not mind)

On the bright side, I survived and P.A.P Lower is tomorrow. I watched it once but I may skim it again before in the morning.

4 more weeks and then I will have completed the program.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, hamncheese - you have worked EXCEPTIONALLY hard - and you've achieved GREAT RESULTS!! So, CONGRATS to you - your pictures look PHENOMENAL!!

(I keep telling everyone, on ALL the boards, to TAKE THOSE PHOTOS!! I do, at the end of each-and-every month!)

Thanks you! And you are so right. It's so meaningful and worthwhile to take those photos. I wish I had an official day 1 now. And at the end you can make a flip book. :smile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Umpire57, don't worry about the noises you make. I have heard some very strange ones coming from the weight room. It just shows that you are working hard.

I am still eating bad but am back to exercising. I burned major calories last night.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My fitness regimen is set. And, I follow it. I think, for me, it is time to REALLY focus on "nutrition". Figuring out if I am REALLY hungry when I am eating....am I emotional eating....stuff like that.

So, no time like the present! I'm going to begin this necessary work, today!
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi there Group!

Just a quick check-in to say hi and again I am always inspired by reading what's going on with all of you. Wow, hamandcheese, fantastic results! Way to go!

This Saturday I have a 5k coming up and I have been trying hard to prepare for it. This time around has been a little harder since I've been having a rough time sleeping at night, but I have been keeping at it getting up and out by 7 or 7:30 in the morning, and my last two runs I have done better. I'm still slow (I think right now I am on track to finish around 37 or 38 minutes), but as long as I can jog it all without stopping that is my goal. This morning the tip of my kneecap was bothering me a little too but once I got in my pace going I was okay. I just keep remembering what my late Grandma used to always say when we would visit: "Keep on keepin' on!" :smile:

Hope you're all having a good week. Take care!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    No YMCA last night. Spent the evening helping my husband file his taxes. We don't have internet so we went to Tim Horton's. Husband doesn't know how to use a laptop (and won't learn) so I had to go along and do it for him.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join the over 40 club LOL... I turned 40 in Nov 2011, and since then I have felt a difference in my body, and I am ready to fight back! lol
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    mary - I'm excited for your 5K - I hope you ROCK THAT RACE!!

swissmiss - you're a better spouse than I am....I won't do my husband's taxes (and I'm a tax lawyer....) - I just find there's more "peace" in the house if we doff this chore off to a professional.

Welcome aboard, cfriend!! Turning 40 was one of the BEST days of my life!! (And, I have a November birthday, too!)
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    how are my fellow 40's??
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    hamandcheese - first, love the name -- second, great results... just goes to show what a year, some work and dedication can do for you!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: cfriend71, it is good that you are listening to your body. Yep, our bodies do such big changes as we age. I found the hardest time was after menopause. Nothing was the same after that. Anyway, welcome to the thread.

:flowerforyou: Beeps, my husband had his taxed done professionally last year. I can't imagine paying to have a simple filing done. I have always done mine online and he has always gone the paper way. Actually, until this year I didn't even know what he makes. And, I found out that he has a retirement fund.

Went to my classes last night. Burned about 500 calories. It felt so good. The YMCA is having a "plank workshop" next Tuesday. I signed up for it. I really need more work on my core and I am hoping that this will do it.
  • HGChao
    HGChao Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey cool kids.....I'm looking for some 40+ friends! I'm an active mom trying to lose those stubborn pounds that have crept on over the last 10 years. I love to work out and I'm currently training for my first triathlon in September. Add me if you have similar interests. Thanks!
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Fellow 40+ here...doing P90X...in my 2nd week of it. It is a killer but I love it.

Before that I was doing a 12 week routine and lost 42 lbs!! Now it is time to shred it up :)

How is everyone doing? If anyone wants a new friend feel free to add me and hopefully we can help motivate and keep each other on course...
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am just on the 40 marker, but, I am a cool kid. Scouts honor!

I workout three days a week with a trainer. Also now that it is getting nicer I will for sure get the bike out and hit the paths.

Definitely willing to help motivate and add new friends. Feel free to add me! :-)