40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• trentnert
    trentnert Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Had a shocker this weekend with work (we were deploying a system around the clock since Thursday..) and my diet has suffered.. I was doing ok until I hit the weekend, and then a combination of lack of choice and sleep deprivation had me eating Allens Party Mix lollies and Cadburys, like they were running out on Monday..

Oh well, back on it now. I hope you all did better than me!

Cheers,
    Trent

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    I won't weight until tuesday, or wednesday, Alf.

And, I might add back in monday eve cardio to try and push that scale down.

Lifting mon/tues/thurs this week....so, I could do mon/wed/fri/sat cardio just to see?
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    sherriediva, your ankle incident sounds v. painful - hope it has eased up somewhat now.

Welcome to all the newbies!

I'm lifting after work tonight, but have done day 3 of 100 for my #run2remember challenge. 2 miles before the sun came up, in the bag. Not fast, not pretty, but its done. Only another 97 days to go!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Bis & Tris=Done!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Day 200 of ice cream every day...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    jealous! :s
    was it chocolate? did it have chocolate sprinkles?

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    busy weekend, but it was good. Did not get all my chores done in the city, but did do some major clothes shopping. Spent too much time doing that, so didn't get some of the other stuff done. O well, my favourite ladies store was having a major sale, and I took advantage of it. :)

Didn't get any exercise in on Friday or Saturday, other than the same ol' running around one does when trying to get everything done in the city. Sunday, did some major house cleaning ( after 2 consecutive weekends away, it showed) and managed to get a good 5k run in. Made my day to get out and run in the sunshine.

Have a marvelous Monday!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Not much happening here. Usual kettlebell and kickboxing on Saturday as the kettlebell workshop was rescheduled. Went for a walk with my littlest tomorrow and no workout planned for tonight. Might try and go for a walk.
  • jenlaw71
    jenlaw71 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled upon this group.......44 and need to lose 50+ pounds per doctor to get to a healthy weight.

I do have some physical limitations so I can't jog/run.........just getting back into a fitness routine after MANY years without.

I am having surgery March 30 and will be on bedrest anywhere from 2-8 weeks and no idea yet how long I will be "banned" from the gym.

I have a desk job so fairly sedentary during the day and to be honest - after getting up at 5 to go to the gym and then work 10 hours 5 days a week by the time I get home I'm usually falling head first into bed. The days I don't make the gym before work I try to go after work if possible.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Icecream is my weakness. Unfortunately I can't stop at a healthy portion so try to limit to once a month(ish).

Did providence today (excluding snatch test). New week and so far so good.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »

Icecream is my weakness. Unfortunately I can't stop at a healthy portion so try to limit to once a month(ish).

Did providence today (excluding snatch test). New week and so far so good.

I eat probably 400-800 cals of it a day, it's plenty portions for me, then I go for pumpkin pie ;)
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat probably 400-800 cals of it a day, it's plenty portions for me, then I go for pumpkin pie ;)

Sigh.. looking at salad :'(
  • Lee_Fitnesspla
    Lee_Fitnesspla Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just decided to participate on the MFP forum and this was the first thread I clicked on. I'm 41 and since turning 40, I've had a difficult time keeping the weight off. I've been trying since last July to return to my 2013 weight. Initially had some good results up until the beginning of this year. Not a single pound has come off since then. I'm starting to lose all hope.

Hoping to get some ideas from others who have gone through the same thing. Cheers!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »

Sigh.. looking at salad :'(

Salads are decent as long as there is no Kale involved :)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    jenlaw71 wrote: »
    Just stumbled upon this group.......44 and need to lose 50+ pounds per doctor to get to a healthy weight.

I do have some physical limitations so I can't jog/run.........just getting back into a fitness routine after MANY years without.

I am having surgery March 30 and will be on bedrest anywhere from 2-8 weeks and no idea yet how long I will be "banned" from the gym.

I have a desk job so fairly sedentary during the day and to be honest - after getting up at 5 to go to the gym and then work 10 hours 5 days a week by the time I get home I'm usually falling head first into bed. The days I don't make the gym before work I try to go after work if possible.

How much you eat (calories wise) is far more important than the amount of gym time. You simply cannot out exercise in excess consumption.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    simone0001 wrote: »
    Just decided to participate on the MFP forum and this was the first thread I clicked on. I'm 41 and since turning 40, I've had a difficult time keeping the weight off. I've been trying since last July to return to my 2013 weight. Initially had some good results up until the beginning of this year. Not a single pound has come off since then. I'm starting to lose all hope.

Hoping to get some ideas from others who have gone through the same thing. Cheers!

Log everything. Get a food scale and weigh things si you know for certain how much you are consuming.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream too. And chocolate. And cake. But particularly ice cream!

Anyway.....got myself organised yesterday and brought in my work clothes and towel etc so that I could run in to the office today and shower here. Did quite well (on the organisation front) except realised before I set off that I had no hairbrush at work, so had to run with a hairbrush in the pocket of my hi-vis running jacket. May not sound an issue, but I felt every bristle of it one way or another!!

Still, got my daily 2 miles in. And my hair doesn't look like a tangled mess. Result all round!
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    I fit in here, only read the last cpl pages of posts. But, I'm closing in on my desired weight. I've reached my initial goal and revised it to 175, with hopes to gain back about 5 in muscle. Started at 210 and am 6 ft. Started a cpl days before Thanksgiving and been keeping attack since an losing weight since. I eat what I want, but it is healthier than it used to be. I'm at 181 as of my last official weigh in which is each Tuesday nite at work. Am pretty happy with where I'm at and if this is as low as it goes that's also good. My main goal is simply better fitness which includes working out some each day, cardio each an some lifting. Am actually going to be starting Insanity soon with the benefit of it pushing me harder to reach my goal. Congrats to all those who've lost an maintained and nothing but well wishes for those just starting, be honest with yourself during the good an bad.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Zumba and strength training with my PT last night. :)