40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Brigit32
    Brigit32 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @alf1163
    I'm working out two to three times a week at the gym. I vary my workout sometimes I do the weights and sometimes I do the classes (yoga, barre, Zumba, Pilates, PiYo.) I'm eating as clean as possible and am trying to learn as much as I can about nutrition.

Your workout schedule sounds amazing!!!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    Cool challenges, Alf!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Talking of challenges.... A police officer friend of mine has cajoled me into a #run2remember challenge. Starts tomorrow.... 2 miles a day for 100 days. Doesn't sound much but I know it will be a challenge for me. I used to run....have done 4 marathons over the years but since my knee surgery 3 years ago it has evaded me almost completely.

So...I shall be doing this in addition to my lifting and kettle bells....I'll be reporting in, so wish me luck!!!
  • Kelceybyers
    Kelceybyers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm 47 and way 227. I'm a shortie at 5'2". I'm feeling great about all the changes I'm making in my life to make 2016 the year I finally get on track and stay there.

I would love to join the family. My goal weight would probably be about 125.

I like long walks on the beach too....... :wink: :smile:
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello all, i'll be 40 this June .
    Female 5'1"
    SW 171 (Dec 19th, 2014)
    CW 125
    GW 115-118
    I have lost all the baby weight after having my daughter on 12/19/14 in less than a yr. however ever since last thanksgiving holiday i have been struggling with sweet carbs such as pastry. For some it might be ok but the struggle for me is real, i know from family history this can lead to diabetes in the long run so i need a big push and an "intervention" to stop this bad habit. Other than that i always watch my portions and drink plenty of water nothing else except for 1 cup of coffee a day. I really hope i can benefit from this thread.....have a blessed day ya'll
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    73 more pounds to lose for the Philmont trip. 16 months to go. 65 weeks.

When I reach that goal I'll still be overweight. So it is doable. At my height that is still 267 pounds.

So I've done 125 pounds over 26 months so far. basically I have to keep that same rate.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    Talking of challenges.... A police officer friend of mine has cajoled me into a #run2remember challenge. Starts tomorrow.... 2 miles a day for 100 days. Doesn't sound much but I know it will be a challenge for me. I used to run....have done 4 marathons over the years but since my knee surgery 3 years ago it has evaded me almost completely.

So...I shall be doing this in addition to my lifting and kettle bells....I'll be reporting in, so wish me luck!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    73 more pounds to lose for the Philmont trip. 16 months to go. 65 weeks.

When I reach that goal I'll still be overweight. So it is doable. At my height that is still 267 pounds.

So I've done 125 pounds over 26 months so far. basically I have to keep that same rate.

All very doable....and, you know from WHERE you have come and you have clear GOALS - you know where you are GOING.

I am glad that you are working towards your success. "Success isn't owned; it is leased. And rent is every day."

BOOM!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday cool kids. OMG it has been a long time since I have been in this forum. Hope all of you are well and in good spirits. Beeps, I hope you are still lifting heavy things. Sdereski, what's happening with your running? Alf what are you up to? Gam3rguy and Allen Priest, hope both of you are ok. I am training for an upcoming savage race in May 2016. Let the games begin. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    cardio=Done!
    pbwak4q72zag.jpg
  • nmannette575
    nmannette575 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi.. not sure how to join, or if just posting is enough. I'm 41 yrs old, I'm not a very active person. I don't eat right either. I would like to change my lifestyle, by being more active, eating better and staying positive. I know it's going to be a big change but I need it. Any eating tips, exercise advice, staying motivated ideas... are soo welcome. .
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Happy Friday cool kids. OMG it has been a long time since I have been in this forum. Hope all of you are well and in good spirits. Beeps, I hope you are still lifting heavy things. Sdereski, what's happening with your running? Alf what are you up to? Gam3rguy and Allen Priest, hope both of you are ok. I am training for an upcoming savage race in May 2016. Let the games begin. Have a great weekend everyone.
    welcome back! :)
    all's good on my end.
    good luck with the Savage!! (I have one coming up in June!)

• Brigit32
    Brigit32 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale today I'm 126 pounds! It might go back to 127 tomorrow but for now I'm happy.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Full day skiing at Whistler yesterday - Felt awesome! I am now waiting on the kids and loving the bumps again.

I didn't pack a lunch so ate a bit poorly at the hill. I tried for the chilli, but it wasn't enough so ended up having the Bacon Cheeseburger as well ($10,50 for a cup and a half of chilli and $13.50 for Burger with no sides - Captive audience = super high prices).

To make up for it, and since it wasn't raining (which is a pre-requesite), I went for bike today. 35km, 1300 cal and averaged 24.9km/hr! About 1.6km/hr better than by previous best. Love to see the other benefits for losing weight.

Reinspired and refocued today.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for several years but I'm just now joining the 40+ club thanks to my birthday.

5'8"
    SW 208 lbs
    CW 165 lbs
    GW 160 lbs (subject to revision)

I pretty much eat what I want, just in portion sizes that keep me in a calorie deficit. That means pizza, gyros, burgers, fries, I just watch the calories and I've lost over 40 lbs.

For fitness I ride my bike. Today was a nice springlike day so I rode for about 10 miles. When the weather isn't so great I hook up my bike to a trainer and ride indoors.

I weigh daily, in the morning, on an Eatsmart Plus Digital scale that I bought about this time last year. My bathroom floor is unlevel so I can slide my scale six inches and gain ten pounds. To keep myself from going crazy, I put a little mark on the baseboard and keep the scale lined up with the mark to keep the weigh-ins consistent.

MFP has really worked for me so far, now I have just a few pounds to go to hit my interim goal weight. I'll reassess when I hit 160. Now I'm excited about being part of the 40+ club. Feel free to friend me.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hi.. not sure how to join, or if just posting is enough. I'm 41 yrs old, I'm not a very active person. I don't eat right either. I would like to change my lifestyle, by being more active, eating better and staying positive. I know it's going to be a big change but I need it. Any eating tips, exercise advice, staying motivated ideas... are soo welcome. .

Yep just post
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Total Body Hammer"=Done! :s
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of 100....2 miles run done this morning. Slightly quicker than yesterday so I am pleased with that.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Tons of new cool kids!!!!! Thanks for joining!!!!

Caramel, first to hear from you! Good luck in your race! You too Gam!

Well, I will weigh in tomorrow morning but I'm telling you the scale has been frustrating me a bit. BUT I'm feeling very energetic from the additional challenges I've been doing plus my clothes are fitting better and I feel and look trimmer. So I might give the scale a kick in the rear! LOL Rest day today. I will use it to prep my meals for this week.

Happy Sunday!!

• Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Morning/Afternoon (or whatever it is where your at)!!
    So I was feeling pretty good, going for a long walk with my 10 yr old and he reminds me of the time last winter that both my sons and I went walking in the snow and how I jumped up and pulled down a pine bough full of snow and the snow dropped on their heads. It is a good memory. I looked up at the trees, noticed they've been cut back and.....promptly stepped on a piece of pine branch. My left ankle went in, then out and back to center and I hit the ground. When I could get up again I managed to hobble back home, thankfully we had only got .3 miles from the house and so I didn't have to call my husband to come get me. Kind of pissed