40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Gam, were the clothes warm? One of my dogs, the dachshund, loves to snuggle in the clothes that are just out of the dryer lol
    nope. Sunday's laundry day. she just felt like laying there.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    @gam3rguy - concert looks like it was amazing! So fun!! Great job still kickin' butt with your workouts.
    Maiden's always awesome! I don't do concerts much anymore, but they are one of my exceptions!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    How are you doing, Alf?!?!

I lifted again, today....I think the split-days workouts make me MORE tired, in the short term, but LESS DOMs in the long term. Good.

I have evening functions wednes and thurs, so calorie-cutting will wait until friday.

I would like to dump five lbs this month.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Two weeks to go and tax season is done.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    P90 X Ab Ripper X=Done TGIF peeps! One day off before going back to the grind.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1"=Done!
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of elliptical done, increasing the intensity each day.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got my run in yesterday! Have yet to plan my days with my PT for my strength training for this week. I don't like missing it. If I could meet her 3x week, I would, but our schedules just don't jive.

B&B is starting to pick up again. Had a booking for Friday, they cancelled, within a couple of hours it was booked again. :)

It snowed last night. Starting to look a lot like Christmas out there. Was nice and mild though, so am hoping it will be gone in a few days.

@alf1163- where are you going on vacation?I love packing for vacation - hate unpacking after vacation.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    3 circuits of P90X arms and shoulders (had a conference call and had to tap out early) to start the day off right. But........my wife bought some hot pepperoni sticks from costco yesterday and at 150cal each I sort of overshot a bit on my mid morning snack, if 3 is overshooting.

Headed to the clients office for the afternoon but not much chance I am not exceeding the calorie goal for today. Rain is back although I suppose it could be snow (right sdereski and 60to35 :wink: )
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It seems we are getting it all here @tojo_73. Snow on Tuesday then gale force winds today. Feels like the east coast but I am in NE Alberta.
    I finally got a run in today. I love my treadmill (I can hear people groaning from here). We are really rural and so I don't have to worry about bears, cougars, high winds or darkness in my basement. I bought the book "The ultimate treadmill workout" which is a six week program of TM interval training. I am excited to see what results it produces. It consists of 3 runs a week, then I will strength train on off days. Did the first run today. It was short, sweet, and fast. I need some shorter more intense runs as they are hard to fit in with cows calving right now which seem to demand most of my time.
    As you are counting down tax season @allenpriest, I am counting down calving season!
  • TK6299
    Options
    Off day =lounging
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start, Cardio 3 & Core 1"=Done! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE "BREAKS"??
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It's been freezing and today it's going to rain. I am hating this month. And even though this thread said there were only 35 entries since I last visited I still couldn't find where I commented. :s
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Traps=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @tojo - I would take rain instead of snow at this time of year. Today it is cold, so all the snow that fell yesterday and semi melted, is ice today. I'm with you, 47Jacquline...am not enjoying this month at all thus far! On top of all this crazy weather, my cold is back with a vengeance! Or is it allergies? I have no idea, all I know is that my nose is constantly dripping.Ugh.
    @60to35 , I often have to run on a treadmill because of weather. I did my best speed work on it. Actually, it was the only time I would get any speed work in. It helped break up the monotony of running on a moving belt. You do what you gotta do.

was hoping to get my strength workout in today, not sure that is going to happen as I can't stop this nose from running. :disappointed:
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i am relatively new here. Would love to join! I'm 44, have a wife and two kids. One in college, one leaving this year :'(. We are eating healthy as a family for a long time, but I'm overweight because i just eat too much. So working on that. Lost about 20 lbs in the last couple of months. Yeah! My goal is 60 ( i'm 5'7"), that will bring me down to 160, wich was my younger self, haven't been able to be there for the last 20 years. So high aspirations here. For exercise i love the road cycling. Not much of a walker, and running hurts my knees. So biking is it. Used to skate, play hockey. Maybe will go back to it.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Down to 208...another notch down on the belt.

• TK6299
    Options
    Taking two days off!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start & Resistance 2"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=DONE!