40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Shortcut to size: Back, Biceps and Abs done!

today, is the official beginning of my 7 day cleanse. will see if i last the whole 7 days!

Intrigued by your cleanse. What did you do?
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Shortcut to Size: shoulders, Traps and Calves done!
    hopefully I can get some time to fit in some cardio tonight
    Shortcut to size: Back, Biceps and Abs done!

today, is the official beginning of my 7 day cleanse. will see if i last the whole 7 days!

Intrigued by your cleanse. What did you do?

this cleanse I'm doing, it's actually a raw vegan diet I want to do for 7 days. basically all the food must be raw, veggies, fruits, nuts, grains and beans are all part of it, as long as they're not cooked. no tea or coffee either.
    30 minutes before having any meal, squeeze half of a lemon and one tea spoon of raw honey into a cup of lukewarm water and drink it. rest of the day, have only raw fruits and veggies, eat only when hungry and as often as needed, continue for 7 days. the idea is to stay away from any processed food, eating all natural food to benefit from their vitamins and minerals and drinking as much water as needed to get rid of the build up in the body.

people use it on a longer term, staying vegan but I just want to do it for short term to cleanse.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Treadmill. Was going to lift too but I started late and then remembered a lunch meeting. Whoops!
  • sunshyneson
    sunshyneson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

this cleanse I'm doing, it's actually a raw vegan diet I want to do for 7 days. basically all the food must be raw, veggies, fruits, nuts, grains and beans are all part of it, as long as they're not cooked. no tea or coffee either.
    30 minutes before having any meal, squeeze half of a lemon and one tea spoon of raw honey into a cup of lukewarm water and drink it. rest of the day, have only raw fruits and veggies, eat only when hungry and as often as needed, continue for 7 days. the idea is to stay away from any processed food, eating all natural food to benefit from their vitamins and minerals and drinking as much water as needed to get rid of the build up in the body.

people use it on a longer term, staying vegan but I just want to do it for short term to cleanse.

How are you finding this??? I've often thought of just veggies and fruit but figured the lack of meat/protein would bother me, the fats in the nuts would be too much and the sugar in the fruits a bit high too... hmmmm sounds delish though!
    Kendra
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

How are you finding this??? I've often thought of just veggies and fruit but figured the lack of meat/protein would bother me, the fats in the nuts would be too much and the sugar in the fruits a bit high too... hmmmm sounds delish though!
    Kendra

Hey Kendra!

It's day 3 of my cleanse, I like veggies and fruit too much, so i'm having as much veggies as I want but trying to be more careful about fruits. nuts also, to be used in moderation.
    Usually my protein intake is very high, and I will be back to my lean protein sources after this cleanse, so I assume only a few days without meat and protein shouldn't hurt me.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options
    I have managed to work out everyday this week! Woohooo! Lifted today....and hope to give lifting + yoga tomorrow and saturday cardio. BOOM!
  • wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Learned my new Tae Kwon Do combinations tonight. It's not pretty watching the slightly off balance 42 year old woman trying to do jumping side kicks in the mirror, but I'm not giving up :).
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,015 Member
    Options
    Finally got a bit of a workout done after days of being sick or just too busy with work. Not much, but at least I got some cardio (~5 miles) and planks (5 minutes) done for the day. Have roofers coming to repair a hole tomorrow, so we'll see how long it takes (estimates are 5-6 hours), and if I can get a workout in. This is looking to be another busy weekend though and I'm not happy to not get my workouts in. Glad the next Amazing Race is starting up soon, so it will encourage me to get back to making my workouts a priority again.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Rowing: 4x15:00/3:00 rest, moderate pace.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • dianewilson31
    dianewilson31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Only just started on myfitnesspal because I really want to loose weight and get back to a size 12. Would like to join the group not sure how I go about it, as I said I'm a newbee, would appreciate all the help I can get. Oh forgot I'm 50 hope I'm not to old to join.
  • Lorilu68
    Lorilu68 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Start slow and be patient and consistent. I started with 20 min cardio and planking did it for a week then increased time each week 30 min and yoga . I'm 48 and have asthma if I can do it you can
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Soooo...ummm...hey...hey you all...uh...what's a 34 year old gotta do to be part of this cool club eh????
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Soooo...ummm...hey...hey you all...uh...what's a 34 year old gotta do to be part of this cool club eh????

Wait 6 years.........

• showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Wait 6 years.........

That's a pretty solid argument right there.....
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    or apply for special conditional acceptance based on your interest in posting here. Think you'll find the rules for entry are fairly lenient. ;) Welcome.