40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Sweat Intervals"=Done! 23:43! then...the wall hit ME!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning cool kids. Well, I was supposed to curl last night, and at the last minute there was a change and I didn't go. So, nothing for me yesterday. Ugh. Very disappointed. Have to make up for that today.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a Complete Rest Day.

Last night, I got an hour long pep talk from my coach about not stressing out over my hamstring injury. I swear that woman is a mind reader and knew I was sitting at home sulking, lol. Good news is that I got the ok from her to try an easy run tonight to see how it goes.

Stay Cool, Kids!
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    46 here. Can I join the cool kid club???
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Beeps, you should check into a pee funnel {FUD}. Backpackers have been using them for years. Mainly to pee in a jug at night so you don't lose the heat from your tent by going outside.

backpacker.com/gear/the-complete-guide-to-female-urination-devices

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    It rained all night at the Larro Ranchero, and has been spitting on and off this morning. Margie and I took a walk in the pines behind the house between showers. She forgot her fitbit,so no step count, but about 20 minutes.

I changed up my shopping and cleaning days this week. My little old lady Filipino gardening buddy was not going to be at the Catholic thrift store on Tuesday, and she is bringing me some Asian potatoes, so I put off shopping until Thursday. Did my cleaning yesterday, so after lunch I'm going to get an early start on camping. {I try to camp every Sunday and Wednesday night} Rain is supposed to be moving out, so I'm hoping to get in some daylight hiking. You guys have a good one.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get some bookkeeping done (not my favorite task), then I'll get to go do what I'd rather be doing! I have some intervals planned for the rowing machine. Training for a sprint event in mid-March. My goal is to make a good showing of it so I can benchmark myself against competitive masters female rowers. I'd love to join a team in a couple of years.
  • RacerX_14
    Options
    It's been awhile since I checked in. As of yesterday, I am officially 11 lbs down and feeling great. 30 ish more pounds to go to get myself out of the overweight category on the BMI chart. I haven't been this motivated in years and I really feel like I can do it this time!

However, I am going on a weekend girls getaway and anticipate a little weight set back, but I am okay woth that and won't let it totally derail me. The best I can hope to do is make better choices than I would have before and get alot of steps in!

Glad your motivated!! Keep up the hard work! And enjoy your girls weekend! You deserve it!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Finally back was well enough to get back to the kettlebells today. Two weeks off though made it a bit miserable. @sdereski your snowshoeing photos are awesome. It looks like you need axes and crampons for parts of it. I assume that lake is gitchigumi :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    ericb14 wrote: »
    Not sure why I waited until 45 to start getting in shape, but so far so good. 46 now and down 45 lbs. Still another 5ish or so left to show good definition, but I am totally in the best shape of my entire life! I'm actually back racing motocross with kids old enough to be my kids. Fells good to smoke their young *kitten* and have the say way to go pops or good job gramps. Makes me smile a bit on the inside.

Congrats on the loss! And I agree, there's no better feeling in the world than giving the youngsters a run for their money. It really freaks them out. :)
  • RacerX_14
    Options
    Yes it does!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning Kids...Happy Hump Day. It was brutal trying to lift with this nagging cough. Sdereski, beautiful pictures. Staffordshire62, very inspirational story. Keep up the fine work. Beeps, lifting heavy things is ohhhhhh so satisfying to my soul. Have a great day kids.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    50 y/o here.
    I have been doing this weight loss since mid December. I started at 283. My goal....is to hit 200 and see where this takes me from here on. Right now, I am somewhere between 238 and 242. It is somewhat hard to tell as I seem to fluctuate up to 6 pounds depending on time of day. I am guessing it is water..but wow.
    My thing has been weight training. I keep thinking that I will do more Yoga and try running but I seem to prefer the weight training.

Great job! I love my weight training workouts, as well. However, since I have been mixing in yoga and cardio, as well as a much healthier diet, I have found that I am making much better progress on my weight training days, am much less injury prone, and feel like I'm in much better overall shape as a result.

Also, My fasting and blood glucose, blood pressure, blood lipids and resting heart rate have dropped from unhealthy ranges to very healthy normal ranges.

Keep up the good work and remember, in the words of T. Horton, when things get tough to just "do your best and forget the rest!"
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got my run in! 8.5 km. It was drizzling a bit, but a mild 5C. Very nice for this time of year.