40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    Full day skiing yesterday then night skating. Now to do it all again today :)

Night skating sounds like loads of fun :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    This week was a step back in run volume. Good thing, since I mostly hobbled through the 10 mile recovery paced run. Hamstrings remain cranky, so no more track workouts or high intensity bike sessions before the marathon.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    4 mile hike today with the dog :) Actually have some decent weather so need to get outside.

Yesterday's workout

death-set deadlift no rest
    275 x1 rep
    265 x5 reps
    255 x5 reps
    205 x5 reps
    135 failure

5 sets pushups x20 | bent over lateral raise x20
    5 sets jump squats x10 | jump rope 60 sec

• misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    HIIT class done
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Took the Philmont crew out to hike with full packs. I'm around 30 lbs full. Whole different experience than walking the dog on the road. Worn out after six hours on the trail. About four actually hiking and lots of elevation changes on a rocky path. About 40F with wind chill making it feel below freezing on the ridges.
  • allenpriest
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Oops
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    ach_75 wrote: »
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    Full day skiing yesterday then night skating. Now to do it all again today :)

Night skating sounds like loads of fun :)

Is was. This place (Apex) has a 1km loop through the forest with lights. It was great fun. Skiing again today and tubing tonight. The family sleeps well on these trips.
  • allotmentqueen75
    Options
    I'd love to join. I'm 41. I'm married with two kids. Work part time but right now parenting feels like an additional full time job on top! Lost 2.5 stones a few years ago. Just put back on a few pounds (enough to make my clothes too tight! ) so am back to loosing and want to tone up. Previously ran but am currently injured and thinking I need to find another form of exercise now. Is finding the time out that is a struggle for me.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Sore today after the hike!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,005 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hey Cool Ones! Man, it's been weeks since I've been lurking (since I know I don't post that much), and had over 160 posts to catch up on. Great to see so many people so active! Great pictures and narratives! My month has been a bit tough with work picking up due to a new contract. That has been sucking the energy from me to workout, and nursing a few injuries has made my working out a bit lack luster of late.

Had started C25K, but I aggravated an old stress fracture injury in my foot, so I opted to quit. Will see if I can pick it up again sometime in the future, but for now, it's SUPing, walking and machines at home/gym. Really thought I'd have problems with my knees, but they were holding up just fine. So that was good to find out.

Most of my challenges have suffered this month due to the above, so yesterday I did a challenge catch up day. Whew...63 minutes of videos for the Amazing Race Challenge this week; 75 minutes on my Glider (4.7 miles); 15 minutes of Planks (still way behind); Days 9-22 of the Fab Feb Challenges (125 each of Sit Ups, Jumping Jacks, Back Extensions, Side Crunches; and 280 Mountain Climbers) ~ clearly, not the optimal way to do a 28 day challenge. Was hoping to get some house cleaning in, but I was pretty beat after all that. Sadly, yesterday was a better day to paddle than today, so I missed a good paddling day.

Well, going to work on some more challenge minutes, and hope to get out for a walk outside today since the water is supposed to be a bit choppier and the winds are bit higher than I like for paddling. Weather otherwise looks lovely for land based activities. So, let me get on it before the DOMS from yesterday kicks in...

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and hope y'all have a super cool week, kids!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Took the Philmont crew out to hike with full packs. I'm around 30 lbs full. Whole different experience than walking the dog on the road. Worn out after six hours on the trail. About four actually hiking and lots of elevation changes on a rocky path. About 40F with wind chill making it feel below freezing on the ridges.

That is great. A school buddy of mine came by last night. He was talking about his BS days and hiking to Philmont. He told a funny story about one of the higher ups who flew in to give them the bear/food talk. During the night a bear went into the man's tent and tore up his pack to get at his candy stash.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    REST DAY!
    stupid grocery shopping=Done!
    food prep...in progress.
    laundry...in progress.
    i have one of my "nerd shows" left from last week to watch.
    afternoon=laying on the couch and playing PS4!!!
  • Cymrian2017
    Cymrian2017 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Working on dropping my last 20 lbs and also want to drop my body fat by at least 4%.
    Started working out again last year. Lost about 20. Hoping to repeat this year
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    16km done. Now to gear up for race next Sunday.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Cardio Challenge"=Done! 19:49!
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Ab Attack:10"=Done! 4:29! :s
  • allenpriest
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

That is great. A school buddy of mine came by last night. He was talking about his BS days and hiking to Philmont. He told a funny story about one of the higher ups who flew in to give them the bear/food talk. During the night a bear went into the man's tent and tore up his pack to get at his candy stash.

Yep. Have to use bear bags out there.