40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,937 Member
    Options
    I like the landscape photos...thanks ach_75!!
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I like the landscape photos...thanks ach_75!!

My pleasure!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Started a food challenge with the kids. We're not big on variety so they get a reward for 5 different fruits or vegetables in a day. Doesn't sound like much but it's a start.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    TRX class today...kicked my butt.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »

Great job at sticking with it! Butt kicking workouts are great! Especially after a few months when it's you doing the butt kicking and looking forward to the next challenge.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    LeoT0917 wrote: »
    b3achy wrote: »

Great job at sticking with it! Butt kicking workouts are great! Especially after a few months when it's you doing the butt kicking and looking forward to the next challenge.

Yes they are, but I just had a heavy workout weekend, and opted to do the class because I thought it'd be easier on me than my weight lifting circuit...boy was I wrong. I have an extended paddle planned for tomorrow, and I didn't want to push myself too much today...lol...joke was on me! It's all good though, and it just means I might have to take things a little easier tomorrow when out on my trek on the water.
  • Dustyhuff1
    Dustyhuff1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and finding out that the foods and portion size that held me at a healthy weight, is now causing me to gain. I'm just now getting started on much needed changes. Reading through comments on this app has helped a lot, with even my self esteem. I'm so glad in not alone in the endeavor to get back on track.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power"=Done! 28:50! CRAP!!! I almost made it! :s
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Bah, I know I should only weigh in once a week, but I check during the week, then get annoyed that I bounce back up from 141 tho 143/144. Must remember to only weigh once a week!

Trying to reduce my carbs a bit to see if that helps and still lifting heavy kettlebell twice a week (working on using the 16kilo even more) and focus pad class once a week, kickboxing 4 times a week and self defence once a week. Seem to be stuck for weight though.
  • LeoT0917
    Options
    Without much additional information, like your current weight, your target weight, etc. it's difficult to offer any suggestions. However, You may want to slightly reduce your daily caloric intake to see if that moves the dial. How much have you lost in the last 60 days with your current nutrition and workout plan?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, after a full weekend of curling, I was ready to get out and run yesterday. Only, the weather did not cooperate. It was snowing heavily and the roads were slippery, so I did the walk around town instead. It was such a nice temperature to walk, but I sure was snow covered when i was done.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    @LeoT0917 I've only got 5lbs I want to lose. I've got MFP set to 1670, my calories are usually higher but I still come in under goal due to exercise calories. I've been trying to find something I can maintain. Over the last 4 years weight has crept up even though eating got better. The joys of age. Trying to find the number and type of calories that work for me is taking awhile.
  • LeoT0917
    Options
    I hear ya! I just turned 55 this month. I'm currently on a higher protein nutrition plan. A lot of people will undoubtedly "poo poo" this, but it works for me. I currently eat appx. 45% to 50% Protein, 25 to 30% Carbs (minimizing refined sugar and starch in favor of complex carbs from whole grains, vegetables and some fruit) and 20% to 30% Fat. I also eat most of my carbs during breakfast and lunch and 2 to 3 small (100 to 150 cal) snacks between meals.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,937 Member
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Bah, I know I should only weigh in once a week, but I check during the week, then get annoyed that I bounce back up from 141 tho 143/144. Must remember to only weigh once a week!

...I am hoping to get to biweekly weigh-ins by summertime....and then maybe only MONTHLY weigh-ins by 2018! BOOM!

larro - I like that you are trekking and packing weight. What a nice thing to give a try to and watch the steady-improvement.

I am itching for some spring weather to get outside and WALK. Nope, it doesn't count as "exercise", but it does count as "life".
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    LeoT0917 wrote: »
    I hear ya! I just turned 55 this month. I'm currently on a higher protein nutrition plan. A lot of people will undoubtedly "poo poo" this, but it works for me. I currently eat appx. 45% to 50% Protein, 25 to 30% Carbs (minimizing refined sugar and starch in favor of complex carbs from whole grains, vegetables and some fruit) and 20% to 30% Fat. I also eat most of my carbs during breakfast and lunch and 2 to 3 small (100 to 150 cal) snacks between meals.

This approach has worked for me. I need to get focused on it again, both the carb intake and the nutrient timing.

I"ve been sort of sloppy with nutrition lately and relying on my current "safety net" from lots of cardio training. Unless I tighten up my diet, those last 10lbs will hang around forever.

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Another beautiful day for running outside. I ran by the rib place again, successfully resisting the call of the meat smoker, and also by the Italian place that smells like garlic and pepperoni. I got back to the car, all pleased with myself, and found a text from the spouse: "Italian?"
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    TRX Done. Meltdown shortly. I honestly HATE the scale. It causes me way to much anxiety and stress. I am lifting heavier and my clothes are looser, but the scale has not moved. Hope all of you are well and in good spirits. Have a great day.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    TRX Done. Meltdown shortly. I honestly HATE the scale. It causes me way to much anxiety and stress. I am lifting heavier and my clothes are looser, but the scale has not moved. .

Stop the madness!! The scale is a TOOL....it is not THE END ALL AND BE ALL.

So, if you are lifting heavier, and your clothes are looser, THAT MATTERS.

You HAVE to focus on the inputs....get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, move your body often, don't be sedentary, lift heavy weights, eat foods which delight you and fit in your calorie-alottment....

^^^^ THAT is what matters.

Let the OUTPUTS take care of themselves....a nicely-shaped body that can bear weight (i.e. lifting heavy) is waaaayyyyyyy better than what some # on a scale tells you.

BOOM.

(...also, I needed this reminder for myself, too....)

I need to put this on a cross-stitch and hang it over my scale.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    TRX Done. Meltdown shortly. I honestly HATE the scale. It causes me way to much anxiety and stress. I am lifting heavier and my clothes are looser, but the scale has not moved. .

Stop the madness!! The scale is a TOOL....it is not THE END ALL AND BE ALL.

So, if you are lifting heavier, and your clothes are looser, THAT MATTERS.

You HAVE to focus on the inputs....get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, move your body often, don't be sedentary, lift heavy weights, eat foods which delight you and fit in your calorie-alottment....

^^^^ THAT is what matters.

Let the OUTPUTS take care of themselves....a nicely-shaped body that can bear weight (i.e. lifting heavy) is waaaayyyyyyy better than what some # on a scale tells you.

BOOM.

(...also, I needed this reminder for myself, too....)

Awesome!!