40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power"=Done! I MADE IT!!! how the HELL did I make it through that last minute of power jumps?! kept pace too! no slowing down! I may pay for it tomorrow...or later today...or NOW!!

Awesome job!! I checked out a couple of MAX 30 workouts. They're awesome....tough...but awesome!! Keep it up!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Congrats @wndlady!!! That's awesome. I'd say keep going at least a little bit to give yourself some padding for those typical fluctuations.

Just some glider miles for me today (5 miles)...been working a bit too much rather than working out...need to do more working out.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    An 11km row, followed by an upper body strength session. My whole body is jello.

Wow!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Tabata Power"=Done! I MADE IT!!! how the HELL did I make it through that last minute of power jumps?! kept pace too! no slowing down! I may pay for it tomorrow...or later today...or NOW!!

Awesome job!! I checked out a couple of MAX 30 workouts. They're awesome....tough...but awesome!! Keep it up!!

Thanks!

"INSANITY MAX:30 Pulse & Ab Attack:10"=Done! 8:23 on Ab Attack:10!

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Gam3rguy, thanks for making my Sunday with this photo. Leave that baby alone, she earned that right to lay there. She's exhausted watching you work out (lol).
    I lifted and very sore. Hot yoga later and I hope that helps with the soreness. Have a great day kids.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Margie and I went for a walk in the pines behind the house after breakfast. She has raked one of the rows so she feels safer in regards to snakes and other critters. She stopped after 40 minutes, I kept on for an hour. {with 20 pound pack}

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    djo8901 wrote: »
    Hi All - Happy New Year! I turned 40 in December and it gave me a kick in the pants to get moving - to quit whining about having no time - and see what I look like as a healthy thin person! So far so good - I have lost about 21 pounds since the end of August and dropped 4 sizes! I, too, have started running - I never thought I could do that. I am trying to get some courage to attempt a 5k - people keep telling me to do it but I am feeling self conscious and I am trying to get over it! We'll see - I am inspired by the new year so hopefully I can try something new!

How do I actually join this?

Life is short. Time to get out and have adventures in your 40s. Have no regret! Your first 5k can be the start of amazing things in the future.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Did a bunch of stretching this morning - still trying to work through some lower back and shoulder issues. Stretching seemed to help. Logged a total of 183 minutes of exercise for today (most pretty easy due to back and shoulder - stretching, beginner exercise video, glider) / 5.33 miles on glider.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Cardio Challenge"=Done! 27:13!
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT ABS"=Done! 7:37!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hi Kids, hope all is well. Can someone tell me how to show pictures on here. I want to get in on some of the fun too. I have a Fit Bit blaze and simply not connecting it properly to MFP. Needless to say, it is trying the last bit of patience that I have. I dropped my Monday TRX class and replaced it with another weight lifting circuit,. Heavier weight shorter reps. Congrats to you JasonRoeder, gam3rguy, AWESOME, misscaga, congrats to you as well. Larro, you are such a show off (lol). So happy you are back. Have a great day everyone.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Hi Kids, hope all is well. Can someone tell me how to show pictures on here. I want to get in on some of the fun too. I have a Fit Bit blaze and simply not connecting it properly to MFP. Needless to say, it is trying the last bit of patience that I have. I dropped my Monday TRX class and replaced it with another weight lifting circuit,. Heavier weight shorter reps. Congrats to you JasonRoeder, gam3rguy, AWESOME, misscaga, congrats to you as well. Larro, you are such a show off (lol). So happy you are back. Have a great day everyone.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk - there are little icons above the message box. The little black square box is what you click to attach a picture. Good luck! I look forward to seeing your pictures. You look AMAZING btw. Your hard work has certainly paid off.

@JasonlRoeder - congrats on a great 5k run!

@Djproulx - glad you got your last long run in, now it is time to enjoy the taper. :)

Got a 10k run in yesterday. I ran /walked it as the roads were pretty icy. Walked most of the uphills. Hill just do me in. :tired_face:

Met with a trainer yesterday. A STRENGTH trainer! Yes....no cardio, all weights. Will start when I am back from Hawaii at the end of the month. Am super excited.

Worked late today, so didn't get my run in. Hope tomorrow is a better workout day.
  • b3achy
    Options
    5.53 miles on the glider today.