40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk that is awesome! Both the transformation and weight training. So impressive and inspiring!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, I lifted tonight and missed MTR class. Thanks again for the compliments. I sincerely appreciate it.
    Have a great night everyone.
  • ProvenceBelle
    ProvenceBelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! 41 here
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk - What a transformation. And anyone who pushes the sled for fun is absolutely cool. Way to go!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=Done! 19:41! wrecked now!!!
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Max 30, Friday Fight for me too. On week 4. Feeling weak today, bring on the weekend
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Is this the most challenging one for you or yesterday's Tabata?

• caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Friday kids...Hope all of you are well. We having freezing rain coming down with a chance of snow in a few hours. There goes my hike. I will find something to do today. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Is this the most challenging one for you or yesterday's Tabata?
    they're both monsters in their own way. the Tabata is 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off...Friday fight is all moves are 1 minute...back to back to back...only 2-30 second water breaks!!!

• gam3rguy
    edited March 2017
    Options

Max 30, Friday Fight for me too. On week 4. Feeling weak today, bring on the weekend

AWESOME!!

this is week 3 for me.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Arms and shoulders today. My younger daughter joined me today which was nice.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey there kids...Just wondering if anyone knows how to calculate calories burned skiing? There is no way the MFP conversion is correct. I am an advanced skier who spent the day with my 4,7 and 11 year old skiing. Not out of breath for a second today but there was a little thigh burn (a very little). Any advice?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids. @TmacMMM do you row outside? Am so impressed with all your rowing. That's quite a workout.

So, i tried suspension yoga today for the first time. Was there for 3 hours! LOVED IT. At the start of class we were told that we would not be doing a full inversion on the first night, but sure enough, we were doing full inversion. It is the neatest thing. Signed up for classes. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Pulse & Ab Attack:10"=Done! 9:01 on Ab Attack:10!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Hi cool kids. @TmacMMM do you row outside? Am so impressed with all your rowing. That's quite a workout.

@sdereski - Not yet. I've been working with a coach on the erg to get the technique down and will learn to row on the water this summer. Really looking forward to it!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Went skiing with my bookend kids last night. Youngest decided to board so spent the night on the greens but great to be outside.

@bringbackthejoy that is a really hard one to estimate. Personally I would equate skiing to walking if you are advanced for the groomers and then jogging (or sprinting :) ) for powder or moguls. Funny thing is the better you are the less calories you probably burn. Harvard did a study that say 223 per half hour for a 155lb person but that sounds high to me.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @tojo_73 thanks so much. It all seems pretty high to me too but I like your math on that. The chairlifts, the lunch break and kids make it pretty hard to estimate. I'm going to say my estimate yesterday for 300 calories for 4 hours with kids is maybe a little low but at least I'm not overestimating. I'll log today's 5 hours at around 450. It's hot out
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hi Kids, I'm enjoying the tapering process while in Florida this week. The warm temps, outdoor pool swims and easy runs are helping my legs recover. Hoping to dodge the worst of the snow when I return home next week. Counting down to race day.