40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got my strength training in yesterday. It was leg day. :)

Curling all weekend in the Ladies Bonspiel. It's always loads of fun....but Ima gonna be tired on Sunday. :p
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wk 1 of P90X Plus Done!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Pulse & Ab Attack:10"=Done! 9:27 on Ab Attack:10!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    15km on the rower in 86 minutes.

My sciatica leg got a little twitchy by the end. Gotta remember to take my Mg and K supplement in the morning before these longer rows.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    So close to doing dips without leaving toes on ground and moved to second highest box for box jumps. Was a total beast at HIIT class today!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    food prep=Done!
    laundry=Done!
    dishes=Done!
    gonna take the pup out for a hike...then fire up the PS4!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Went up to 188 BPM. AM I DEAD NOW?

Holy cow! That's serious cardio!

I'm finally down to 140lbs. Started in October at, I think, 149, been down, then up a bit, then down a bit and up, its been very slow but I got here! If I can get down two more pounds it would be great, some wiggle room for Christmas and summer beer, but for now I've set MFP to maintenance. Still trying to cut out that second hot chocolate coffee from Tim's mind you!

Glad to see everyone is still moving!

Its a beautiful day here today, went for a short walk with my girls earlier and hoping to go for a longer one later. Still have this darn cold hanging on which now includes a lovely cough.

I'm actually having a lady come over in a few weeks to have a party about essential oils, going to learn some interesting stuff.

@Sdereski and @caramelgyrlk glad you guys are still moving along!

@Beeps2011 nice lifting!

@larrodarro sounds like you are enjoying the hiking. The kids and I hike a lot but not the kind of hard core hiking you are doing.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Quick paddle with a buddy - 3.03 miles; 75 minutes - she was trying out my boards in case she needs to use one on Saturday for our race - her board is pretty unstable in rougher water, and it's looking like it might be a challenging race day weather-wise. Looking at the weather, might be my only day to get the board out this week before my race on Saturday.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Hiking today. The Berkshires still have a lot of snow on the ground. When we started, it was like walking through mashed potatoes. By the end, as the sun warmed things up, it was more like a slushie.
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. I am new MFY again. I gained all my weight back. I just don't have any motiviation. I am looking for like minded people to motivate me and maybe share tips along the way. Thx.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Went to Yuk Yuks on date night last night then dod a 10km bike with my eldest to pick up the car (she is training for a tri). Did another 15km on the bike after getting the car home. Then spent the rest of the day moving slowly. Spring has sprung here now though
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT CARDIO"=Done! 26:48!
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT ABS"=Done! 14:17
  • sdereski
    Options
    Curling weekend of fun is over. Lots of sweeping done. Sure could feel it yesterday and bit today as well.

Good job everyone!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Nicely done 3furballs!!

I don't think the 140s are a number I will see, again....menopause/HRT is keeping me fluffy!

I am working a "slow cut". Aiming for 12-15 lbs down by November (my birthday). So, 0.5 lbs a week. Basically cutting out snacks until summer and then a "we shall see" approach.

I lifted today. I have a weird twinge on the outside of my right leg, below knee....so, kinda worried about ligaments?!?

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT POWER"=Done! 14:19!
  • sdereski
    Options
    My plan was to run yesterday, but was feeling pretty tired. Pushed myself out the door and went for a nice 10km walk. I live in such a cool area, that I truly just enjoyed the scenes around me as I walked. Horses, bridges, waterfalls, bush, painted doors, and a superior lake!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Weight training done. Hot Yoga kicked my can, but I love the heat. Hope all of you are well. Congrats 3furballs on the loss and Gam3rguy on your timing. Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT SWEAT"=Done! 22:26!
    "INSANITY MAX:30 360 ABS"=Done! 12:23!
  • sdereski
    Options
    One hour of strength training done - upper body push muscles. And then headed to yoga! One hour of hatha yoga. Felt good to get both in. :)
    Suspension yoga is also Tuesdays, but I just can't fit it all in. If I do, works out to an $80 day. Nope, can't afford that.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, hope all is well. My legs feel like jello. I get so excited when I read all of your posts. It keeps me motivated. Have a great day kids.