40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Well, I also added some water, a little pillow to go between my knees, etc. etc. . . .

That water will add up quickly. 8.8 lbs per gallon.
    An old rhyme I learned when doing research for my writing. A pint is a pound, the world around. It would be easier if that were still the case. But today a US gallon is 8.34, while an Imperial gallon is 10.002. Four liters is easier to figure. It's four kilos, or 8.8 pounds. Most hikers use the Smart Water bottles because the threads fit the Sawyer Squeeze water filters better than others.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    35km bike done today. Its starting to come back to me.

Great job.

Like they say once you know how to ride a bike you will know for the rest of your life. :)
  • sweetcandy75
    sweetcandy75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How do you join?
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Temps are expected to reach the 60's here today, so I'll take the bike off the trainer for the first outdoor ride of the season.

I pulled mine off this morning. :)
  • dreamonsugar
    dreamonsugar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Following
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    35km bike done today. Its starting to come back to me.

Great job.

Like they say once you know how to ride a bike you will know for the rest of your life. :)

LOL Its the toughening of legs and butt for the longer rides I need. I have committed to an 80km ride on Friday so hopefully it doesn't hurt too bad this early into the season.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    How do you join?

You just did. Just post in the thread.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yoga this morning. I think I am now about 25% as flexible as Rodney Yee.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi All, got an hour of strength training in on Saturday and got a nice 8km run in on Sunday. B)

Our community Wide walking challenge starts today, so I have to make sure I have everything ready to present. Our clinic organizes it. A 7 week challenge that usually sees 300 - 400 people take part. Not bad for a community of less than 3,000. :)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Today was leg day. I am officially known as Ms. Jello. I walked the dogs double time this weekend. They had the nerve to fall on the floor and snore as if they had been to work all day (lol). Love my babies. Happy Monday kids. I hope all of you have a great day.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,931 Member
    Options
    I slept like crap last night.

I was NOT looking forward to lifting today....tooo tired. But, I went! And somehow reayknocked it out ofnthe park! BOOM!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Spring has finally arrived in theNortheast.

I did my first outdoor bike ride yesterday in perfect conditions. A fairly flat 25 miler at a reasonable pace. After 6 months of indoor workouts, it was nice to turn the pedals and actually go somewhere. :)

I'm still rehabbing my legs, so no running just yet. As an alternative, my coach has increased my swim volume and intensity. II managed to get in just under 7000 yards last week, which is close to my mid season volume.

Really looking forward to the first open water swim of the season, probably in the first week of May.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Completed my first 5 k on Saturday, felt great so I ran home after (another 5k) so unofficially ran 10 k! So jazzed. I started the 30day shred today as well as a few other challenges...just plugging along here.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT POWER"=Done! 16:19!
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm new to mfp and to the group! :) My name is Angie and I'm 44 and have a few auto-immune diseases. (AS-Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hashimoto's disease and Fibromyalgia) The pain meds caused me to gain some weight, and the flares would cause me to become immobile days at a time. The beginning of this year, I came off of all pain meds and went to wearing a weekly patch for pain. I decided I was going to get my life back, no matter how hard I would have to work at it. I weighed 285 when I made that decision in Jan 2017. I'm losing it slowly but surely! I now weigh 258 and am more active, and can do so much than I did before. I couldn't climb 5 steps without hurting and being out of breath, now.. the stair machine at the gym is my fav machine and I'm running on it! I still get flares like when it rains (spring is not my fav season.. Lol) or when my monthly infusion wears off towards day 28. I just take those days as rest days and keep on going. Hoping to get some great ideas while making friends along the way! :)

What an inspiring post! Thank you. Please stay in touch with us on your journey.