Replies

• Soulofanangel01
    Soulofanangel01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I sure will! :)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Whole body lifting done. Have a great day kids.
  • 4Kayakers
    4Kayakers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    The kids are on spring break this week, so we've taken an impromptu camping trip.

I visited the local Y for rowing yesterday.

Went for a 3-mile run this morning, followed by a 2-hr bike ride with the kids. Then putt-putt with the youngest. We've talked ourselves into a lake swim this afternoon, even though it's early in the season and the water is going to be coooold.

Afterwards, there will be s'mores. Well, one s'more. Which may be an oxymoron.

Definitely an oxymoron! Lol

I can't imagine swimming right now but we just got rid of our snow.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT SWEAT"=Done! I made it ALL the way through...SOMEHOW!
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT ABS"=Done! 14:21!
  • Buckland23
    Buckland23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I'm way over 40 but been back 84 days nearly a stone gone i dont usually come on the forums but I'm struggling to find good consistent active friends i have a handful of great guys I'm from UK looking to lose 50more lbs I'm trying to add more exercise and will do as the weight comes off so it would be good to have some great advice at hand if anyone needs more 40+ friends add me
  • 4Kayakers
    4Kayakers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Signed up at our local Planet Fitness Gym this morning and did the treadmill on hills for 1 hour, climbed the stair machine 300 steps, and did some abs and upper body machines.. all for the first time. Then went back late tonight and did the same thing on the treadmill, climbed 500 steps on the stair machine, and then ending with the massage chairs. Is it possible to become addicted to working out? The whole gym experience is new to me (I know, I live a sheltered life.. lol) and I just find myself wanting to use all the machines to try them all out and see what they do and wanting to just workout all day. What's wrong with me... is this some type of newbie syndrome? Lol!

Lol...I can't say I've ever worked out at a gym so I have no idea. But I enjoy the equipment I have at home and I feel the same.
    You had a great day !
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Today was "cardio". ZOOM!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Completed my first 5 k on Saturday, felt great so I ran home after (another 5k) so unofficially ran 10 k! So jazzed. I started the 30day shred today as well as a few other challenges...just plugging along here.

Congrats on completing your first race! Is there a next race on your calendar?
  • Djproulx
    Options

Went for a 3-mile run this morning, followed by a 2-hr bike ride with the kids. Then putt-putt with the youngest. We've talked ourselves into a lake swim this afternoon, even though it's early in the season and the water is going to be coooold.

Did you get wet? I"m wondering if you actually kicked off the open water swimming season.....
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Did you get wet? I"m wondering if you actually kicked off the open water swimming season.....

Yes. Very briefly, but thoroughly. Holy smokes, that was really cold. Knocks the breath out of you, then sets your skin on fire.
  • mjingison
    mjingison Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm not new to MFP but I might as well be. I have a plan and now , plenty of time to get things right again. Just checking in to see what this group is like.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Rowed this morning. 12km in 1:07. Then took the kids to swim at the Y. Much warmer swim than yesterday. Finally, explored the campground on bikes with my youngest. Heading home tomorrow.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT STRENGTH"=Done! 15:17!
  • Djproulx
    Options

Yes. Very briefly, but thoroughly. Holy smokes, that was really cold. Knocks the breath out of you, then sets your skin on fire.

Wow, that's cold. I think I'll wait a few more weeks. :)
  • __TMac__
    Options

Wow, that's cold. I think I'll wait a few more weeks. :)

Don't blame you. It was fun, but painful. It did get my heart rate up though, so that's good. :D
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Just turned 49 last month so I'm almost too old for the 40s club. I've been reading through the inspirational posts. I'm working out 6 days a week and am in the best shape of my life but still have a long way to go.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @TmacMMM - you did a triathlon! :) Brave soul getting wet this time of year! OMG - that's a Cardiac Arrest waiting to happen - or that's what it feels like anyway. lol.

Tried to run yesterday, but I was just bushed. Too much going on in my head. have so much to do and I just could not focus - so it ended up being a brist 5km walk.