40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got a nice 10km walk in last evening in 1 1/2 hrs.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    zokaluse wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm 43, 44 in summer so am I allowed to join please?

I am 4ft 10 (& a half) petite boned, and never had weight problems until 2009 when I couldn't shift my second baby weight & was diagnosed hypothyroid. I'm now also B12 deficient & gawd knows what else as the docs are arguing between themselves forgetting there's a person not living a good quality life involved!

So I'm thinking if I add regular exercise to my clean eating it can only help not hinder.

I've just joined David Lloyd right by my house & will be doing Pilates, Yoga, Aqua (I've got bad knees so this is good on my joints) Body Pump, conditioning and hopefully some gym & pool sessions.

I have around 20ib to lose and a whole load of toning to achieve.

I'm just going into Cruise phase of Dukan Diet (did it in 2013 & worked for me) but I didn't plan my start date well & with little willpower I know I'm going to have the odd wobble this month & next (x3 nights out, 1 holiday, x3 special events) but I'll try my hardest to limit the damage each wobble!

Looking forward to reading back over everyone's posts & getting to know you all.
    Xx

Welcome!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, I am pooped and my calves are sore from TRX round 2. Hope all of you are well. Welcome to the newbies. Have a great day kids.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new kids.

Be3chy - Great report on the SharkBait race. Must admit I'm a little squeamish about swimming in shark country.

My unwaxed body parts are sore from a 2 hour trainer ride last night, but at least I was able to watch a few episodes of Breaking Bad on Netflix to keep the boredom from killing me.

Its been four or 5 months since I've been healthy enough to do a track workout, so I'm really looking forward to joining my posse at the track tonight.

Stay Cool.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Rowed 5km this morning. I had told myself I'd take a break from training, but the past week has reminded me that once I'm not training with a purpose, everything else starts to slide as well. I'm hungry and getting lazier by the day. But I also want a break from intense rowing training.

New plan:

1) MWF: Start training for a PB in our local fall 5k. Intervals, tempo, and LSD.

2) TThSa: Row steady, followed by lifting.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Getting closer to needing to find the 50+ club.

48 now. Dangit.
  • sdereski
    Options

48 now. Dangit.

Pffft - I passed 50 long time ago and am still hanging out here, and will do so until they kick me out. ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

48 now. Dangit.

Pffft - I passed 50 long time ago and am still hanging out here, and will do so until they kick me out. ;)

You qualify in the 40+ Cool Emeritus club. :)
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk - I'm at 989 days. Have to say there are some days I don't finish my diary, usually if I've been at a party, can't be bothered to try and track 2 shrimp, 1 mini pot sticker, etc.

Thank you so much for the yoga description. OMG I was laughing so much. I read your entry (and the one just previous about goggles) to my hubby and he was giggling too!

Naked yoga is not for me. I'd like to get to the $5 hot yoga on Sundays, but my day ends up gone with meal planning, cleaning, baking etc. The other weekend I made homemade everything, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, lip balm, fabric freshener, antiseptic spray and deodorant! This weekend Saturday will be crazy, going to get to at least kickboxing (probably not kettlebell as its an 8am start and we have a wedding the night before), hair cuts, one kid swimming, house cleaning and set up, groceries and then family over for said kids 8th birthday!

Hit up kettlebell and kick boxing tonight, focus pad class last night, kickboxing tomorrow and Friday too.

Have a great week!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 The Warrior"=Done! not my best performance. got some bad allergies going on. I know I'm in the minority here...but I want winter back. this SUCKS!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    b3achy - Great report on the SharkBait race. Must admit I'm a little squeamish about swimming in shark country.

Well, never go into any salt water, as they are everywhere, not just oceans, but gulfs and bays too. Most avoid humans, so it's not that big of a deal. Just like most gators will swim away too. Unfortunately the news and TV shows play up the exceptions with these animals instead of their typical behavior. One of my friends used to fly helicopters on the East Coast of FL and he said they'd regularly fly over the beaches, and they almost always saw sharks swimming between the shore and people that were in the water (yet most of the people never knew it, and most don't get attacked). Actually, when we're paddling we get excited to see some since they typically will swim away if you see them first.

TmacMMM wrote: »
    I had told myself I'd take a break from training, but the past week has reminded me that once I'm not training with a purpose, everything else starts to slide as well. I'm hungry and getting lazier by the day. But I also want a break from intense rowing training.

I can totally relate. I know for me I need to set some more goals. Even though I'm in the middle of my race season, I'm super unmotivated right now to get solid workouts in right now and my eating has suffered too especially after a couple of months of not training very hard. I do have a few timing goals, but even that's not motivating me to get out there right now. Part of it for me is the "maintenance blues". When I was losing I had a goal to get to a certain weight/size...now that I'm there, I'm sort of floundering. I know it's only something I can fix, but I still haven't figured out that specific goal to motivate me yet. I'm not that interested in reaching a certain body fat, nor does lifting a certain amount of weight interest me. Hope you do better than me!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Actually, when we're paddling we get excited to see some since they typically will swim away if you see them first.

Oops, that should have read most will swim away if they see you first.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Well, never go into any salt water, as they are everywhere, not just oceans, but gulfs and bays too. Most avoid humans, so it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, I know it's an irrational fear, since I've seen quite a few up here and there have been no incidents that I can recall. It is a handy excuse though, and right now I'm using it to fend off heavy pressure from three friends to join them at IM Florida which is being held in Panama City in November. :)

Regarding goals...that is also 100% true for me. If I don't have a significant goal, my effort wanders and so does my self control around food intake. Its simple with me, if not moving forward, I'm sliding backwards.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, hope all is well. I am sad to report, that I was just too out of it to do anything but walk today. I feel exhaustion today like I never felt before. Gam3rguy I am the minority too, as my allergies are zapping my energy and I miss winter. I am not a fan of the snow, but I prefer cooler temperatures. Djproulx, I saw your post about hair....lol I have to snap out of it my 5k race is in July and I have to train for it. Have a great day kids. I hope I feel better tomorrow.
  • domf_0105
    domf_0105 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

48 now. Dangit.

I'll be 48 next month
  • sdereski
    Options
    Pilates class tonight. It was good!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 Pilates X"=Done! a bit more difficult when I'm struggling to breath. :s
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    Gosh, sorry caramel!

I did get my cardio in, yesterday. Have to skip yoga today because a gf is in town and we are doing a rushed-lunch. Tomorrow I fly to a funeral, so no planned exercise for Fri/Sat. I hope to figure out how to get back on fatloss plan on Sunday. I have to start all over. :(
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a forced rest week :( Broke my pinkie-toe by dropping a dumbbell on it and then got a shoulder impingement. It sucks.

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Beeps -- Sorry to hear about the funeral, and the set-back. Take care of yourself.

You too, Morgaen! Ouch!

Rowed 6km+, then upper body lifting. Trying to transition over to free weights. Arms are noodles.