40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    @b3achy - I burn hundreds of calories just trying to stay on the board...resulting in falling...which ends up in swimming. I'll just live vicariously through you.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @b3achy That sounds exhausting to me! I'll be praying for calmer seas and a lot calmer wind for this weekend. Rest up!

Thanks! We need all the prayers we can get! Current forecast is already looking a bit better than just a couple of days ago...so here's hoping it can only keep improving!

CSARdiver wrote: »
    @b3achy - I burn hundreds of calories just trying to stay on the board...resulting in falling...which ends up in swimming. I'll just live vicariously through you.

But you cover so many different sports in just one session...and I'm sure you get bonus points for any spectacular falls...
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Too tired to post much....so, this is my drive-by "HELLO".

I love you guys.

Post more photos so that my drive-by's can result in eye-candy.

Pls. Thx.

BOOM!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, kids.
    My wife and I are heading up to Lake Placid, NY, this morning with a group of friends for a weekend at triathlon camp. We'll do some sight seeing at the 1980 Olympic Village and many of us will swim, bike and run the Lake Placid Ironman course. Mirror Lake water temp is now 56 degrees, so I'll resist the urge to swim naked and opt for a wetsuit instead.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 Eccentric Lower"=Done!
  • b3achy
    Options
    Rest day...and pre-race party day. 3 mile regional points race tomorrow. Pre-race party tomorrow evening for the race on Sunday. 3+ mile regional points race on Sunday. Going to be a busy weekend.

Hope all you kids keep cool this weekend, and go out and do something you love to do!
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is so inspiring. I love reading about all the cool activities that are being done. I am working from home today and due to a conference my 9Round gym is closing at 1pm today and will not be open this weekend. I was able to fit in a workout this morning and will strength train tomorrow and probably rest on Sunday or go running in the park with my husband. TGIF!
  • nuttallf
    nuttallf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and trying to get fitter. I've only got a few lbs to loose which is so hard. Good day today. Cycled 4 miles to gym. Did body pump and body combat and then Cycled home. Legs are feeling it now. Anyone else only got a few lbs to go? I'd love a much firmer core but this is the last area to give up its fat stores :-(
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids. TRX and treadmill..done. More hot today than yesterday. Hope all of you have an awesome weekend. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • LotusCass
    LotusCass Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 43, 2 kids and a hubby. I've been logging for a while but really up and down with my weight, never really taking it seriously enough. Before turning about 35 (and having kids) I never had to watch what I ate. Since then it crept up and up. 3 years ago I joined a gym and fell in love with working out, and lost 15lbs. Last year we moved from Australia to London and I couldn't find a gym that fit for me. I started jogging (C25k) but then injured myself and stopped exercising and overate to get myself through a miserable home sick winter. Now I've gained 13 lbs in 10 months so it's time to really take it seriously. My issues in the past are that I would go hard and lose the weight but could never maintain, so now I'm going slowly, thinking of it as a life-change rather than a diet, and mentally preparing myself to be in this for the long haul. I've lost 10 lbs so far, with another 13lbs to go, but hit a plateau these past 2 weeks.
    I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing this journey. :smile:
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 MMX"=Done!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    First HIIT class in over a month done. And felt like barfing lol
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X3 MMX"=Done!

Definitely NOT a favorite! You can keep all those sprawls!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids. Thought I would barf while running today. The Preakness is today and the traffic is a force to reckon with. Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X3 MMX"=Done!

Definitely NOT a favorite! You can keep all those sprawls!
    even worse than the yoga? :p

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Dynamix"=Done!
  • b3achy
    Options
    So, race yesterday was brutal. Winds and seas were higher than forecasted. Race director dropped the short race from 3 to 2 miles. Still, took over an hour to get in. I held third place for my division for half the race and then I fell to 4th in the second half of the race. After the race, the wind died down and the waves were just fun to play in.
    Unfortunately, I spent too much time in the sun (kept applying sunscreen, but apparently not enough) and was quite sore and sunburned when I got home. I did at least win one of the raffles and have a new Hook Tribe shirt.

Today the weather was better than all our previous races, though still a little choppy with a bit of wind (of course it was glassy by the time we left today). Knew I would likely only get 4th in my division as two ringers signed up this morning, so I just made sure I cinched my placement and then had fun for the second half of the race, trying a couple of techniques to gain some ground on the field...was able to pass about three folks, but my time was still a bit slower than I'd have liked, but I blame being so sore and tired from yesterday's race. The race director shortened the race by about a 1/2 mile, so it was only 3.3 miles...so glad he did. Completely wiped out and think I'm going to sleep for a week...starting with a nap today.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, full body weight training done. It is supposed to be another humid day, 93 degrees in May is a little concerning. Did someone say a mimosa with a lot of ice? Welcome to all newbies. Keep up the good work everyone.

Is nude yoga better at 93 degrees? or 75? Or hot yogs standards of 100+? Inquiring minds want to know
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Took the Philmont crew hiking Saturday. Full pack and heavy. We only did about five miles and were working on setting up and tearing qcamp quickly. Trek atarts july 4. I won't be able to go into the back country because I won't make weight. I knew it would be a very difficult task and I have known for some time I wouldn't make it. But I'll get them ready to go and get them out to New Mexico and back. I'll find something to do at base camp.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Eccentric Upper"=Done!