40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hardcore 22 Day 7: Rest...but I still had to do the hill sprints on my running plan. Boy, they kicked my booty! I ended up walking half of my cooldown. 84F and 58% humidity and wouldn't you know my favorite little corner store was closed this morning. No extra water for me today.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Like the route mapped out!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    misscagal wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Like the route mapped out!
    all of the trails there loop around on each other...I just go random each time. :p

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Really really really overeating today. I don't have the will power to get through holiday weekends.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Eccentric Upper"=Done!
  • GingerPwr
    Options
    Day 3 of strong lift. Wooo!
  • BettyM1017
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hardcore 22 Day 8: Resistance 2 and an easy 4-mile run...DONE!

Temp: 85F
    Humidity: 56%
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »

@BettyM1017 . I'm sweating after reading this post. Are you fully acclimated to running in those conditions, and if so, how long did it take you?
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Rowed long intervals. 4x2000/5:00r @ 2:15/500.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Lifted. And now am sleepy. zzzzzzzzzzz
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

@BettyM1017 . I'm sweating after reading this post. Are you fully acclimated to running in those conditions, and if so, how long did it take you?

LOL...that's a relatively low heat and low humidity day down here in FL...well, at least this week. I'd even bet it was a morning run as to not be in the heat of the day today...we've had summer weather here in the Spring (and yea, it has been a bit much).
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 Eccentric Lower"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great day kids. Hot yoga 2 days in a row followed by lifting this morning. Hope all of you enjoyed your family and festivities.
  • BettyM1017
    edited May 2017
    Options

I've lived in Florida for the last 18 years so I do fairly ok in the heat. I chickened out of summer running last year and did Insanity instead. This year I did a lot of research before deciding to continue running through the summer. I'm not a very fast runner. My easy runs stay just under an 11-minute pace. Nothing crazy, but that might be why I'm doing ok in the heat. We'll see how I feel next month, though. I still have the Insanity (in AC) option if I need it, lol!

@b3achy Would you believe I don't get out there until about 10AM. I work nights so it's tough to head out too early. If the heat starts to get me, though, I may try running after work. Running at midnight is perfectly normal, right?
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Hardcore 22 Day 9: Cardio 2 and Core 1....Nope, not today. Today was a rest day from running so I hit the pool for a little Water Zumba and about 30 minutes of swimming laps. Even though I rode my bike the 10 miles to and from the pool, I don't count the ride as a workout. I'm transportation challenged. I ride my bike everywhere! I even have a trailer for it so I can buy groceries, lol. It's a special kind of life.

Temp: 80F to 91F
    Humidity: 58% to 42%

As the temp went up the humidity went down. Welcome to Florida!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Jeez. I go into crisis management mode if the temp goes above 70 during my run. Good on ya!
  • __TMac__
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ran out of time, so only ran 1.6 miles today. Had to get to my first learn-to-row class. So great! My hands are torn up, but it was such a rush.

• GingerPwr
    Options
    Today was cardio day. Ran 2 miles. I need some sort of light exercise tomorrow before I start week 2 of strong lift on Thursday.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options

This year I did a lot of research before deciding to continue running through the summer. I'm not a very fast runner. My easy runs stay just under an 11-minute pace. Nothing crazy, but that might be why I'm doing ok in the heat. We'll see how I feel next month, though. I still have the Insanity (in AC) option if I need it, lol!

@b3achy Would you believe I don't get out there until about 10AM. I work nights so it's tough to head out too early. If the heat starts to get me, though, I may try running after work. Running at midnight is perfectly normal, right?

Yes, running at midnight is perfectly fine. :) That's why they make headlamps and blinkie lights for your clothes. I even have a vest that has red and white LEDs that flash so vehicles can see me.