Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 X3 Yoga"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    After getting out of the hospital I've been on a couple of antibiotics to knock out there intestinal infection. I've just finished those. This has made me much weaker than I thought it would. Now to start rebuilding.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I was all set to go skate tonight but there was a malfunction at the rink overnight and the ice looks like a giant puddle right now. :(
  • ftmfrank73
    ftmfrank73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Had a great 3 mile run last night. My pace is getting better.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @allenpriest....hoping you're finally on the road to recovery.

I haven't been focused during the last few weeks as I nursed a tender hip and enjoyed some family time at the beach.

The training effort returns to normal this week. I'm beginning an eight week build to the Lake Placid race in early September. Started with an easy bike session yesterday and will hit the track later today for a ladder workout in fairly humid conditions.

Its July, Kids...sweat happens....stay cool.

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, Allen Priest, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Same for you Djproulx. I had an interesting workout this morning. I took a quickie TRX class, 30 minutes spin and then 45 minute inferno. So many variations and now I am starving to the high hills AGAIN. What can I say; I bore easily. Did someone say cake and wine? Have a great day kids.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I've been banned from running by my physio guy for "awhile". Seems I have screwed up feet and ankles. He reluctantly agreed to let me skate (because he knows me and knows I won't obey if he says no skating). Sad cat today so I'm going to go cut grass and lay by the pool
  • MrCool85
    MrCool85 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    nice
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids. Got another run in yesterday. Still battling this brutal cold - we are not on day 8. I just saw the doc and he said it can last up to 6 weeks! Oh lawd. I certainly hope not.

Attended a funeral today of a friend of mine. It was a tough one. She was such an incredible woman - dearly loved by so many in this community. She certainly has left her mark. She had a rare type of cancer and was gone within 2 years of diagnosis. She wanted to live to see her daughter graduate high school and she did. Her daughter graduated the end of June, and she quietly passed away July 7. :'(

Anyway, just another reminder that we are not guaranteed a tomorrow, so make the best of today. <3
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Yay i got to skate tonight and learned my foot issue is affecting my skating too. :(
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im new

Welcome to the club.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Ok so for the past 2 weeks I was supposed to do a mini cut BUT I was incredibly bad and didnt work out and didnt eat properly. In my defense I had to go away for work and then I was sick.

I'm still not feeling 100% BUT I'm back at it and almost back to my proper weight lol

Ready to restart recomp next week.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 Decelerator"=Done!
  • sdereski
    Options
    dudasd1973 wrote: »
    43 here. Liking the vibe here for us 70's kids

Some of us are 60s kids. :wink:
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    @sdereski -- I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It really drives home how short life really is, and how we need to make the most of it. Glad you're taking care of yourself.
  • sdereski
    Options
    @TmacMMM - thank you. <3
  • ftmfrank73
    ftmfrank73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run a half marathon in October. Now I will stay focused on fitness
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was water Zumba and swimming laps. Today, I ran 10 miles with 2 miles at Tempo and a 1 minute recovery in between. Since yesterday was also filled with too many bourbons and bad choice, that hurt! I did it. It wasn't pretty, but I did it.

@ftmfrank73 Good luck on your half! I'll be running my first half in November! Signing up for a race is VERY motivating!