40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    No Water Zumba today because of the holiday, but I did manage 45 minutes of lap swimming and 21DFX Dirty 30 Extreme. Now, I'm off to ride my bike to the store for a few groceries and then I think I'll bike ride around the neighborhood catching Pokemon. Gotta Catch'em All! ;)

@gam3rguy I keep seeing ads for Spartan at a nice discounted rate today. I may have to finally sign up for that sprint for February! I'm not thrilled about having to drive to Miami for it, but it's the only way to get the Florida Trifecta!
    LOL! do it. consider the drive the first obstacle! :p

P90X3 Incinerator=Done...cuz I'm SO not doing that on Saturday. Spartan Super on Saturday. beat both my pull up and chin up PRs! 26/17! plus a quick 3+miler this morning

...then couch surfed and watched old Friday the 13th movies (1-8 over the last few days. still have Jason goes to Hell, Jason X, Freddy vs Jason and the remake/reboot to go)

still keeping my Pokémon streak alive though! LEVEL 31 trainer!!!

• dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and I'd love to join. I'm working towards an initial strange goal....a weight to qualify for surgery that is needed (hernia) by September. I'm within 10 pounds and MFP has helped. I refuse to stop there .... But I'm noticing that I'm starting to regress because I'm so close. I need support. I truly want not just the surgery weight goal met but I want to have a different life in a body I know I'm meant to have... And it's not the "sack of potatoes" I'm in. I've lost 25 pounds and made huge changes. I need support getting past the "noise" in my head and kicks in the trail to move even if it's hot.... And ideas on other cheap ideas I can do when the weather's bad. Add me if you wish and thanks for letting me rant.
    25 pounds! What a great accomplishment. You've got this.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 44 can I play? I'm here mostly to maintain, if I lose a bit yay if not no biggie, log my workouts and accountability. If I don't have this little devil on my shoulder I'll eat myself into much larger sizes. :) It's summer and I was on track with my running until my heel started hurting. I still plan on being outside as much as possible to enjoy the sun we get such a short summer in Canada.
    Anyway carry on being great all. Yay for "oldies"
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 X3 Yoga"=Done
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Hi gang!

I hope the Canadians had a lovely Canada 150. And I hope the Americans enjoyed their July 4th celebrations.

Summer schedule is on-tap....for me, that means changing from working out in the mornings, to afternoon workouts. Means returning to 4-day splits for lifting...I haven't done those in quite awhile, so it will take some adjustment (from 3 x full-body lifting days). But, I am excited.

Cardio will be reduced to only 1 x scheduled per week. Sure, if I get in some extra walking, it is nice. But not necessary. And my 1 x yoga has become invaluable to me to feeling all stretched out and flexible. Nice.

I hope July and August are excellent for everyone.

Cheers!

BOOM!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Ran 3m on the treadmill again. Don't love it. Must start hauling myself out of bed earlier to beat the heat.

Bought a couple of new items of clothing for a trip in two weeks. Everything I bought was a size M (down from a 1X) or a 12 (down from 22). I was still the weirdo who had to explain to the fashion-conscious shop ladies that I'm exceedingly fashion-UNconscious, but at least I completed the mission. My usual MO is to just walk out empty-handed and frustrated. Total win.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Ran 3m on the treadmill again. Don't love it. Must start hauling myself out of bed earlier to beat the heat.

Bought a couple of new items of clothing for a trip in two weeks. Everything I bought was a size M (down from a 1X) or a 12 (down from 22). I was still the weirdo who had to explain to the fashion-conscious shop ladies that I'm exceedingly fashion-UNconscious, but at least I completed the mission. My usual MO is to just walk out empty-handed and frustrated. Total win.

That's a huge size difference how exciting congrats.

I need to figure out some cardio. My stupid heel has been sore I'm not a happy camper
  • __TMac__
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

I need to figure out some cardio. My stupid heel has been sore I'm not a happy camper

@AliNouveau -- Thanks!

Have you tried a rowing machine? It might not aggravate your heel.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

@AliNouveau -- Thanks!

Have you tried a rowing machine? It might not aggravate your heel.

I haven't. Someone suggested a bike. It's not sore today. Although it's not 5pm yet haha
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    10 miles on the treadmill today. I have to draw the line for outside running when temps go over 90F and Real Feel hits 120F. I'm not a fan of the treadmill, but it keeps me healthy.

@gam3rguy I'm only level 27, but I have fun. In all the time that I've been playing, I never attacked a gym until this week after all the changes. I'm diggin' the raids.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    10 miles on the treadmill today. I have to draw the line for outside running when temps go over 90F and Real Feel hits 120F. I'm not a fan of the treadmill, but it keeps me healthy.

@gam3rguy I'm only level 27, but I have fun. In all the time that I've been playing, I never attacked a gym until this week after all the changes. I'm diggin' the raids.

Wow those are some temps.
    What's the raids? My boy and I still play and he said we need to do more raids. I hate when the update
  • gam3rguy
    Options

I've never done a gym battle or a raid. I just catch them.

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Wow those are some temps.
    What's the raids? My boy and I still play and he said we need to do more raids. I hate when the update

The update has definitely made the game more fun for me. The raids are interesting because you're battling a boss. Lots of XP and the chance to catch a high level rare Pokemon. It's been a fun activity to do with my kids, as if we needed more things to do with each other, lol!
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and finding it hard to stay on the "diet" but I will not give up! ❤
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I did a tabata workout today because my foot wasn't very sore today.

This 40 year old is excited though because her back rolls she's been trying to lose are all but gone. Next task is to find some abs. Its amazing how a little success can so inspire
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Noticed a lot of new kids checking in ......welcome.

@Tojo_73 - Welcome back.

@Caramel - Bike to the Barre? Sounds like a great session, in a painful sort of way.
    @BettyM1017 - 10 miles on the treadmill is hardcore indoor work. Congrats on signing up for a Half. That might be my favorite distance to race.

@TmacMMM - Terrific loss by you and your husband. 105lbs is a big number. Can't wait to see your 5k time. Expect you will shred your old PR.

@Bry_Lander - Solid work on VO max. Your post prompted me to look at my numbers and while my run fitness is right there, I noticed that my cycling VO2 max is a notch below. So either my coach is giving me too many easy bike workouts or else I've been doggin' it the last few weeks. :)

@Beeps - Nice summer plan...... a definite BOOM.

• kellyshortall
    kellyshortall Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im new
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3 The Challenge"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Rowed 30 minutes, about 6,100m.