Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    How do I join this conversation? Hi.. I'm 41, single mum with a full time job and should be asleep so I can hit the gym early tomorrow rather than writing here. I used to be a runner but injury stopped that in Feb and now my jeans don't fit
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X3 Eccentric Lower"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Claire5520 wrote: »
    How do I join this conversation? Hi.. I'm 41, single mum with a full time job and should be asleep so I can hit the gym early tomorrow rather than writing here. I used to be a runner but injury stopped that in Feb and now my jeans don't fit

Just like you did! Welcome!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Got a good strength training workout in yesterday. Back and core. I'm feeling it today. :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Ran 3m. Started a little late in the morning so got hot pretty quick. I stopped at the auto parts place on the way home and I think the guy was worried about me. He kept commenting on how hot it was outside and how "people" need to be careful. Yes, yes, I know I'm all red and sweaty. I promise I won't die in your shop. Just give me my wiper blades. :)
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I was going to get in one last workout before vacation today, but I spent most of the night up with a migraine and I'm going to take the day off.

Leaving on vacation bright and early tomorrow morning!
  • ftmfrank73
    ftmfrank73 Posts: 21 Member
    Going somewhere good for vacation?
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well I've done nothing but be sick for several weeks. Bronchitis. Then flu symptoms. But those might have been the start of the diverticulitis that put me in the hospital. I'm out but I'm on two different antibiotics for 10 days then have to rebuild healthy gut bacteria over the next month.

Yuck
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X3 MMX"=Done!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    HIIT class - done in time to eat and drink too much for Canada Day lol
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X3 Dynamix"=Done!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    3 mile run today!

And has anyone here had piriformis syndrome? I'm wondering how much I should be stretching to deal with it...
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    czvanut wrote: »
    3 mile run today!

And has anyone here had piriformis syndrome? I'm wondering how much I should be stretching to deal with it...

Nice work on the run!

Regarding Piriformis syndrome, what are the symptoms? Soreness in the hip joint/glute area?

When I have glute issues, I work on reducing the inflammation by icing it at first, then using a lacrosse ball to get direct pressure on the muscle fibers to push them back down into place and eventually relieve muscle tightness. I find that too much stretching of irritated muscle fibers just makes them worse. I'm certainly no trainer, but I have been a frequent flyer at PT and massage therapy, and this has been an effective treatment for me. Stretching then follows as part of the strengthening exercises, once the soreness has subsided.

Good luck. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • Monman45
    Monman45 Posts: 4 Member

So how bad are cinnamon jolly ranchers? I have been having 4-6 between meals. It seems to curb my munchie cravings. But wondering if I'm sabotaging trying lose weight...
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Monman45 wrote: »

So how bad are cinnamon jolly ranchers? I have been having 4-6 between meals. It seems to curb my munchie cravings. But wondering if I'm sabotaging trying lose weight...

Are they pushing you over your calorie goals? Are they interfering with your intake of nutritious foods? Do you find that the sugar spikes your appetite? No? You're good.

For me, I'd probably go for a protein or fiber-rich snack for those calories, because that's what I find satiating. Carbs alone just make me hungrier.

If you're uncomfortably hungry, you may want to consider your weight loss goal. Is it aggressive (2 lbs/wk)? Feel free to move it down to give yourself more calories.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Hey, just passing through. 45 kinda sorta buff, was 270lbs now 193lbs. um yeah. Add me if you want, or not. Whatever is your proclivity.