40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    that better be your profile picture from now on, sdereski....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    (the one with the white eyelashes)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    All Autumn I wanted to figure out how to add in 1 more day of cardio per week (for sleep regulation....so, don't kill me that it isn't "more WEIGHTS"...), and Monday has an after work class time that I committed to. I MADE IT ONCE ALL AUTUMN. No bueno. So, I made a wager with 2 gf's at the gym and NOW I am being held ACCOUNTABLE for showing up to this class! TONIGHT IS DAY 1. BOOM!
  • violinqueen21
    violinqueen21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hope you guys don't mind me commenting here since I'm slightly (but not much) younger. I find the older I get the harder it is to take physique to the next level and even maintain. Here is my current workout routine: https://fifteenminutestoflawless.com/2017/12/09/my-workout-routine/.
    Would love any suggestions you guys may have, especially around toning my midsection!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Sassia wrote: »
    First day back at work after Christmas, so walking there and back (a bit over an hour in total) is the most exercise I've done in daaaaays. I'm exhausted. That really isn't good. Takes so long to build up and goes so quickly. I will do better!

Knowing that I no longer have the chemistry to maintain muscle that I had when I was younger keeps me motivated to workout! It's amazing how fast we can lose our fitness after 40 if we don't stay active!
  • afreilly
    afreilly Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi All, I am 41, 5'3 and currently 70kg. I would like to get down to 58/60 this year and then focus on getting strong and defined. Looking forward to support from here. Good luck to everyone with your goals.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I know I'm still 2 months (and 8 days) from officially being able to play in this sandbox, but I LOVE this group!! 2017 saw me pretty much reach my maintenance weight and start exercising regularly 6 days a week. 2018 will be the year of strength and flexibility - I adore running but really need to make sure I'm covering all my bases. All the lifters on here give me models to look up to :smiley:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lifting done. Muscles are swollen with water, so scale is blech.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts done!!!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It’s the day before the day before the....well anyway have a powerlifting meet on Saturday. Did all three opening lifts last night. Tonight, per Coach’s orders, pretty much sitting on my ___ (*kitten*). Made a nice dinner of ooh guess what ground turkey and vegetables. Happy Humpday tomorrow cool ones!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

LOL - never thought of that. Good idea!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 - Done!

So, have been snowshoeing everyday this week and it feels wonderful. Monday night was a tough hike, and last night was a leisurely one. Not sure how tonight will go. Guess it depends on who shows up to hike.
    Food and water intake has been good. 1.4 more pounds to lose of holiday weight (I gained 6!) :o
    And then 10 more after that. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Beast total body last night...I kind of expected to feel sore this morning, but so far I just feel amazing!!!
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've discovered step aerobics! Finally, a workout (other than running) that really leaves me sweaty, tired, and feeling like I did something. Anybody else here share my enthusiasm?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

LOL - never thought of that. Good idea!

I <3 it!!!