40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• welchD1
    welchD1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    4.25 miles on the treadmill last night...favorite 80's rock tunes.....a good pace and turn on older beast mode...lol.....tonight lifting...Ugh! this ought to get real interesting...
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    ACV does nothing for your metabolism, use this with caution and never take too much. This can do serious damage to the gastro-intestinal system.

I reviewed an autopsy of a woman a few months back who was on an ACV regimen that led to her death. No idea how much she was taking.

Holy smoke! Seems like she'd have to be ingesting an enormous amount.

Right now I'm doing a single shot of the mix in the morning and chasing it with lemon water, then I have breakfast.

In other news, the snow won't let me get to the gym so I did a fitness blender workout at home. Made me feel accomplished, lol.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,956 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that my sleep is getting better and better. I totally know it is because I am not eating or drinking at night. I totally know it. I still feel completely deprived.

:(

logic doesn't really apply....but, I am glad that I am using whatever discipline I have to go to bed, even going to bed hungry, and waking up having had really good slumbers.

I hope this becomes an easy habit to keep...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Still 48 and counting. Suppose that is better than having the counting stop. :)

And I keep eating the lunches I buy for breakfast, then going out to eat for lunch.
    The struggle is still real. :D

Still 48, but only through April.
  • BrenMathers
    BrenMathers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all struggling injury to knee possibly surgery and now another surgery on wrist lol. Can’t workout any suggestions for activity
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Master's Hammer and Chisel: Chisel Balance...done!
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all struggling injury to knee possibly surgery and now another surgery on wrist lol. Can’t workout any suggestions for activity

I’m injured...blown meniscus...no cartilage...not repairable other than complete knee surgery and they are waiting until I’m older. I get shots for the pain so I can sleep but he (Doctor) said no more kickboxing, most weight lifting, running, hiking, zumba...in essence, none of the things I enjoy the most! Uugh...

So I’m walking. It’s not kick-bang but it’s burning calories and keeps me moving. It’ll do...and it won’t kill the other knee. :)
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! This looks like the group for me - was just thinking I would love to connect with a group of 40 somethings to share this journey with! I am 40 - turning 41 in July, and WOW have I noticed the difference in how my body put on/loses weight. I never struggled overly much with losing weight, as I would occasionally put a bit on and then have it fall off again as soon as I cut back a tiny little bit. Not anymore, though! In the last couple of years it has been creeping up steadily and I have busted myself trying to take it off again, but at best am just maintaining rather than gaining! I know my trouble is the weekend. I am 100% on track with food and exercise during the week, but on the weekends I stop paying attention and probably eat less than optimal food and DEFINITELY drink too much wine. This never used to be a problem, so it's driving me crazy that it is affecting my weight so much now - especially when I am so good all week long! Anyway, having recognised my problem I am resolved to keep tracking on the weekend, and more importantly to PLAN my weekends...with a couple of glasses of wine factored in.
    Nice to "meet"you all :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start/ Cardio1 & 10 Minute Ab Chisel”=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    A nice 5km snowshoe last night. The weather was Purrfect!
  • lac251
    lac251 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!

today was Beast Back and Bis for me.
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I would see if you can get some recommendations on exercises from a physical therapist. Your doctor should be willing to refer you so it is covered by insurance. I feel for you, that is rough having a leg and an arm out at the same time. I would most certainly go to a professional for recommendations so that you don't risk doing any further damage. Hang in there, sending fast healing vibes your way.
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Morning! Keeping myself motivated reading everyone's posts. Thank-you. Brought my lunch to work so will eat that at my desk then take my hour and hit the gym.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It's been a crazy Anything-can-happen-Thursday!!!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.5 lbs! I know it's probably water weight, but I like seeing the numbers going in that direction for once. :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    44 next month - surf game strong asf, ocean swimming stats' great, strength training regime back on track.

Nice to have an open water swimmer in the Club!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It's a rest day for Hammer and Chisel today, but I did manage to sneak in a 4-mile run on the treadmill. It's waaaaaayyyy too cold to run outside today. Florida doesn't generally go below 50F in the winter. This 30-degree stuff is not good! My dress for my daughter's wedding is light weight, sleeveless, and doesn't have a back! The weather has 6 days to get back on track!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Met up with the local Y’s running club this evening. Rowed a little to warm up, then did three sets of running and strength work. The first mile was fine. The second mile, after weighted squats and lunges, was uncomfortable. The third mile was downright painful. But I got to the end!