40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Awesome 3 1/2 hour snowshoe hike yesterday. I have bruises today from some of the climbing & crawling we had to do, as there was a lot of downed trees.
  • sdereski
    Options
    A couple of pictures from my day snowshoeing yesterday.

elihsq3kinjh.jpg
    t7ab4bvvs1jd.jpg
  • sassykd77
    sassykd77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in!! Im a 40yo single mom of a 17yo... long story short I have battled emotional problems my whole life & after having my son, sitting dwn at an office job & a jolty rollercoaster/twilight zone of my 30's, plus 2 serious back injuries ... Im finally putting ME first & truly committing to my health - not just a fad for my friends. Im starting w my diet & will add physical activity in a lil while... gotta get my wild food/diet ironed out first & make myself do my physical therapy (for my back) so I can really start shredding the calories like I used to when I was younger. Any & all motivation is greatly appreciated!!! I could use all the help I can get
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Had to skip my workout this morning, as I have pulled a muscle in my calf and can barely walk :( but will make it up later in the week, and am resolved to keep the eating on track for the next couple of days. Friday is Australia day, so expect I'll be eating and drinking more than normal then - but shouldn't be too bad as long as I keep it in check until then!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    okay, this is crunch week....I have been on-plan for exercise, in an excellent way, all month. And, my calorie-cut is going well - but I really want to pour it on this week (fancy ball on Saturday and it always feels great to be 'down a few pounds' when putting on a ball gown!!).

BOOM!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    A couple of pictures from my day snowshoeing yesterday.

elihsq3kinjh.jpg
    t7ab4bvvs1jd.jpg

Beautiful! What is the general location where you took these photos?

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    TRX and boot camp done as Korn took us into super beast mode.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    “Body Beast Build: Legs”= Done!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Packed up my gear last night and got to the pool bright and early this morning. Glad to be back in the water. I always prefer lake swimming, but this’ll do.

AND I think I’ve finally sorted out how to efficiently do the locker room shuffle at the gym — wore convenient clothes to get off and back on while slightly damp, had a mesh bag for shower supplies, remembered my flip-flops, etc. Very pleased with myself.
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Taking a break from the gym today (did myself in yesterday- asleep at 9pm like a baby)
    Healthy eating on track!
  • sdereski
    Options
    A storm was brewing when I got off work, but I managed a 5km run anyway. It was windy with blowing snow, so it was a bit slower. At least it was something.

@alteredstates175 - a trail along the north shore of Lake Superior in northern Ontario. Gorgeous eh?! :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    Cardio'd yesterday and lifted today. BOOM!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    A storm was brewing when I got off work, but I managed a 5km run anyway. It was windy with blowing snow, so it was a bit slower. At least it was something.

@alteredstates175 - a trail along the north shore of Lake Superior in northern Ontario. Gorgeous eh?! :wink:

Yes. Beautiful area. Thank you. :)

One of the reasons I like hiking for exercise is the scenery and the fresh air. Much more pleasant than the treadmill or other gym machines for cardio. Adds to the enjoyment of life!

• alteredsteve175
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    I have to say that when the kids all reached 18, it was pretty cool to realize we managed to keep them alive that long. But now that our daughter is getting married, we realized that we actually made her acceptable to another human being....parenting win! :D

Great feeling, isn't it!

I have three children. A few weeks ago, out of the blue, my wife says to me "You know, those kids turned out alright." We discussed the fact that they are productive members of society. They go to work every day and stay out of trouble. Compared to what some of my friends are dealing with, we are blessed. Or lucky. Or some of each.

Now to get that youngest one out of my house! ;) HAHA!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast:Total Body"=Done!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Loving the new torture device in the basement (Treadmill). I like to run outside rain, shine, or snow, but yesterday was nothing but slick ice. Still able to pull a 2-a-day and ran 2 5k sessions. Some light resistance and calisthenics and a drop of 4 lbs so far on this cut.

Slay dragons everyone.
  • sambronian
    sambronian Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    48 and obese to fit in less than a year ....still going strong body building daily !
  • welchD1
    welchD1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok...4 months in.....38lbs down and i need to get another 20....i seem to be stuck on the last 2 to make 40....everything is in overdrive but i cant seem to lose that last two to hit a milestone.....what do you guys do when the losing gets lost?.......i did change up my diet..heavier protien..and i went to more lifting/cardio intervals over the last week....feel good but nothings a moving....ugh......
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    welchD1 wrote: »
    Ok...4 months in.....38lbs down and i need to get another 20....i seem to be stuck on the last 2 to make 40....everything is in overdrive but i cant seem to lose that last two to hit a milestone.....what do you guys do when the losing gets lost?.......i did change up my diet..heavier protien..and i went to more lifting/cardio intervals over the last week....feel good but nothings a moving....ugh......

I completely change up my workout. Not that this has anything to do with fat loss, but it's a good change up for the mind.

Having focused primarily on compound lifts I did a week of low weight high reps on cables and hitting shoulders from every angle.

Also your rate of fat loss will diminish the closer you get to optimum, so expect a .5 lb/week rate during those last 10-20 lbs.