40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Roadie2000 wrote: »
    Went to the gym this morning before work for only the second time ever and the first time in a long time. Felt weird and out of my comfort zone, it will take some time to get used to. But I have things going on after work almost every day this week, so it's either work out in the morning or not at all.

Best to get it done earlier in the day I find for me. I usually go early afternoon on my lunch break from work so then I don't have to worry about after work stuff getting in the way. I would love to start getting up earlier and go before work. Maybe once the snow is gone :)

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Took a good rest day yesterday and did nothing. Feel on fire today and put in my strongest 5k in a long time. Stronglifts done for the day. Have a 10k scheduled later and a day out with my son tonight.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    i just ate a brownie. >:)

I almost fainted reading this. Are you ok? lol.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I won $100. I challenged someone to meet me at 430 a.m. for boot camp. $50 for being late and then $50 for not telling anyone about how he laid on the floor. It was all in fun. Hmmm off to get a deluxe pedicure and mani. I finally got a dog over the weekend. It is truly love at first sight. Animals are the best. Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options

it was good too. home made, and with dark chocolate chips in it. >:)

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Roadie2000 wrote: »
    Went to the gym this morning before work for only the second time ever and the first time in a long time. Felt weird and out of my comfort zone, it will take some time to get used to. But I have things going on after work almost every day this week, so it's either work out in the morning or not at all.

Maybe this is the beginning of a new habit? It's not easy changing the routine, but kudos to you for making the change instead of just skipping your workout for the week. Keep up the good work!

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I worry I will have to sacrifice some sleep which could hinder my progress.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    90 min indoor bike class yesterday was fun. This morning was week 3 of a winter swim clinic, so we're starting to build up endurance work. Now its off for a slow 6 miler, hoping my heel isn't too cranky.

When is your next tri?

My first tri is the REV3 Quassy Half (70.3) distance race on June 3rd. The other one is Ironman Mont Tremblant in August. My wife also signed me up for a half marathon in April, since she wanted a trip to Las Vegas.:)

Will you be dipping a toe into the multisport pool this year?

Possibly. I already have 7 OCRs, a half, and 6 5ks planned for the year. Don't ask me how this happens. I think I'm addicted to race bling.

Anyway, I'm doing several of the OCRs with people who don't run, so I'll be walking with them and being their cheerleader. It'll still be a good workout but not quite as challenging as if I were going for speed. And I won't need any recovery time. I just look at some of these as training runs. Signing up for them still keeps me motivated to train.

My daughter asked me to do a tri sprint in September with her, which I'll probably do. It's a doable distance for me to swim... and you can touch the bottom one this one so I won't panic. I just have to figure out what to do about my glasses. Have you noticed that you never see people wearing glasses on these races? Lol!

Love the idea of a half in Vegas! The wife is a smart woman!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    I won $100. I challenged someone to meet me at 430 a.m. for boot camp. $50 for being late and then $50 for not telling anyone about how he laid on the floor. It was all in fun. Hmmm off to get a deluxe pedicure and mani. I finally got a dog over the weekend. It is truly love at first sight. Animals are the best. Have a great day kids.

Pictures, please! Of the dog, not your friend lying on the floor, lol! Although, that could be funny, too.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Power chisel and a stroll on the treadmill today. I am slowly but surely getting back to my normal life.... not that my life was ever really normal! But now that the week of wedding festivities is in the history books, it's time to move forward with my crazy goals for the year. Next up, remodel the Etsy shop studio so I can work more efficiently.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I'm there dude...
    4n92rfpdfue9.png
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

I'm there dude...
    4n92rfpdfue9.png

OMG I just chipped a tooth on my screen. That looks so amazing!
  • gam3rguy
    Options

Pictures, please! Of the dog, not your friend lying on the floor, lol! Although, that could be funny, too.
    we need doggie pics! :)

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    czvanut wrote: »
    In the adventures of low-carb cooking, I found a great chicken and bacon chowder recipe that uses no potatoes or flour. I made it this weekend, and oh em GEE it was delicious! Thought I'd share.

I also got my 5K under 42 minutes, which I know isn't fast, but I'm getting gradually better. I want to eventually beat my PR of 32.

Checked the link - THANK YOU - looks yummy. There is also a great jambalaya recipe on that Genius Kitchen site. I've made it several times. You might like it as well.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/low-carb-crock-pot-jambalaya-96660

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    Can I join in this "club" - not quite 40 yet, but will be in less than 5 months, so don't really feel like I fit in the 30's club anymore LOL - I mean, I get to race in the "Formula 40" classes this year, so I think I qualify LOL!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Possibly. I already have 7 OCRs, a half, and 6 5ks planned for the year. Don't ask me how this happens. I think I'm addicted to race bling......

My daughter asked me to do a tri sprint in September with her, which I'll probably do. It's a doable distance for me to swim... and you can touch the bottom one this one so I won't panic. I just have to figure out what to do about my glasses. Have you noticed that you never see people wearing glasses on these races? Lol!

Love the idea of a half in Vegas! The wife is a smart woman!

Wow, that's quite a full racing schedule! You may run out of room to store all your bling!

Sprint distance races are lots of fun. I'd say no worries about what to do about wearing glasses during the swim, just follow all the splashing and then put on your glasses in T1 when you jump on the bike. Easy peasy.

Regarding Las Vegas, I was the victim of a conspiracy between my wife and several of my training partners. When I said "no thanks" to the trip, several of the women in the group simply asked my wife to join them for a trip to Las Vegas and then on to hike at Zion in Utah. Next thing I knew, I found myself registered for the half! :)
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    This dog is so cute is that a labradoodle or goldendoodle
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Can I join in this "club" - not quite 40 yet, but will be in less than 5 months, so don't really feel like I fit in the 30's club anymore LOL - I mean, I get to race in the "Formula 40" classes this year, so I think I qualify LOL!

No one will check your ID, @HoneyBadger155. Come on in!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    First day of a new 8 week strength block. Deadlifts 5x3 at 100kg. Then front squats 5x2 at 38kg. Then accessories 3x6 of: dumbbell split stance RDLs, tall box step ups, walking lunges, heavy kettlebell swings, reverse hyper, single leg glute ham raise. I’m dead! But eight weeks from now, I will be stronger, and thinking, what was so hard about this? ;)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Beast Up: Legs"=Done!