40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 3"=Done!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went on a street-moto ride on my "B" bike. Beautiful day here, roads were a little dirty from the rain on Friday, but not too horrible for the most part. Worked on keeping my weight on my feet and using the pegs to turn the bike - made for a nice, smooth ride over some very tight, twisty roads.

Only issue is today I'm feeling like yesterday was the leg day from hell! Even my feet and toes are sore :s

Oh well, it was several hours of good practice for that particular "skill" and plenty of time to recover before this weekend's races!
    What are your tricks?

Notoriously impatient here, and need to be able to keep my fitness up, so my recently started cut is slow, albeit I seem to be staying on trend.

For the "bad" days, I just try to focus on my fitness/workout and enjoy just how much I've improved and everything I can now do (again) that I couldn't for several years. I'll also use them as motivation to make good food choices...

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start-Cardio 1 & Core 2"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Special Ops: Resistance"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Hi!

Well, I am back from vacation and hubby and I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST! I ate and drank to my heart's content. Louisiana has FABULOUS FOOD!

Okay, whatever hard-work I wrecked from Jan-Mar/18, I don't even care!

I cannot even get to the gym until Friday due to work commitments, but we did walk EVERYWHERE on holidays, so it's all gonna be okay.

I usually weigh on Saturdays, but I won't be weighing anymore in April. I will get back to calorie-restriction, make sure I am working out 5 days per week, and will whittle away what I can and then weigh-in, again, in May.

I am sooooooooo happy we went away. I just feel GREAT right now!

Sounds absolutely wonderful! Good for you!
  • sdereski
    Options
    So, I played hockey yesterday. Well, I put my skates on and held a stick. It was "for fun" game, to raise funds for our local hospital foundation. We were all players from the health care system. Well....if you are playing with guys, there is no such thing as "for fun". I was slightly terrified out there with these guys flying around me, so I was more like a pylon. I did manage to get an assist, which means I did touch the puck with my stick. lol. In the end, it was fun and I didn't manage to stay upright and no injuries. Oh, and I was the only one out there not in full hockey gear.

Followed that by a short walk before I headed back to a 3 hour meeting. :tongue:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    ...would be hard to play hockey after Humboldt, just now...good to try it, sdereski!

I think I might try and squeeze in a workout after work, tonight.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start-Special Ops: Cardio & Special Ops: Core"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids, TRX and bootcamp done. I was unable to really workout like I wanted last week due to caretaking and active shooter simulations at work. My friend lost her cancer battle last night. I am happy she is no longer suffering and wasting away. I hope all of you have a great day ahead. Welcome back Beeps.
  • sdereski
    Options
    A couple of runs in these past two days. They are not getting any easier. :tongue:
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 3"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids. Leg day today, including several reps pulling the sled with my trainer standing on top of the weights. She's relentless and I love it. Can't feel my legs lol. Have a great day ahead everyone.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    @caramelgyrlk - I’m sorry about your friend. That’s a hard road.

I’ve been on a work trip this week, with family tagging along. I brought running gear and my bike, but haven’t done either one, and I haven’t logged much of anything. I walked into our HQ to find a manager/employee conflict already in progress, and it’s going south fast. Potentially leading to a lawsuit. The stress is making it hard to sleep, much less eat properly or exercise. Today is the last day here, so I’ll do my best. Lots of deep breathing and stepping back to regain my perspective.

On the up side, this is the first time I've felt emotionally that I was qualified for the job I've been asked to do. My imposter syndrome has taken a back seat to the knowledge that I’m the one best suited to handle this issue. So there’s that.

Have a good day, folks!
  • sdereski
    Options
    I certainly hope so @Djproulx. I was starting to feel like my old running self a while back - then I got sick and was out of the game for over a month. Now....I find I am trying so hard to get that back. I know it is because I have gained a few of the pounds I lost back and am struggling to get them off again.

@caramelgrylk - am sorry for the loss of your friend.

@_TMac_ - love the confidence in your posts! You rock!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cardio 3 & Special Ops: Core"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    great photo, honey!! I really do like the photos - why is that?!?!?

Sorry about your friend, caramel. That sucks so much. My condolences.

sdereski - are you running outside?? It is still like -10C here all the time. I f-ing hate where I live right now.

Okay, so I did yoga on Thursday. Good. I felt good. Friday, I lifted, and somehow my IT bands just tightened up like, OMG....so, today I head into my stepcardio and I can hardly work my legs at all. Sigh.

It is SO HARD to re-start...I feel like I have lost 6 months progress. And, truly, I was gone for like 10 days from the gym, and we walked like a shyte-ton every dang day we were away. Sigh.

I am going to FORCE myself to lift on Sunday, even though I am in such DOMs pain. Even if I only do 2 sets. I have to do this.

BOOM.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been off for quite a while but glad to be back. My training has really dropped but I'm looking forward to getting back up to speed so to speak. If only the weather would cooperate.....