Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Focus T25: Core Speed"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I loved all the pictures and updates and the check-ins from MIA peeps!

Last week was CG Bold week, also known as Recovery week. I filled the week with Rock Climbing, Disc Golf, Foam Rolling, and recovery workouts. I kept the cardio down to 2 easy 3-mile runs. I had some kind of respiratory thing going on and heavy cardio was really making me cough, rattle, and wheeze. I didn't feel sick, just congested. Thankfully, it feels like it's almost gone.

A new camp started today, so it's back to CG Endurance week. A lot of sandbag running today, and thankfully, not a lot of coughing!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    "Normal" gym routine today, first hour is spent on a warm up and then my martial arts practice, second hour is spent on strength training and then stretching.

Feeling pretty good right now, feeling pretty much 100% recovered from the crash other than my hand which is still tender if I touch it, but doesn't bother me doing anything, so meh.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    My parents came to town for the weekend, so I wasn't online here, and LOOKIE at how busy you have all been!

"hello" to everyone.

I am going to try a Project 5-in-5. That means that I have 5 weeks to lose a combination of 5 poundage/inches. I only calculate inches off natural waist and hips....so, if I lose 3 lbs, and 1 inch off my waist and 1 inch off my hips, that equals "5"!

If I lose 5 lbs, but lose NO inches, still good because it equals "5". Same if I lose ONLY inches, and no poundage, all good because 5 inches lost is "5".

I am choosing 5 weeks because it puts me at the end of May, and then I can recalibrate for the month of June.

Most of the winter "challenges" I joined have now ended. And, they were successful for me.

Losing that very last poundage/inches is always challenging, for me. But, here we go!!
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    OMG! It was a great lift today! I decided to slap 2 more 45's on the leg press for a total of 270#'s! I am so surprised it was no problem. I am a 48 yo female. I just recently started eating an appropriate number of calories and the human body is remarkable if you take care of it. If I hadn't wasted my youth trying to be skinny by not eating, I wonder where I would be! I thought I was in the best shape of my life while in the USMC... not so.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3: The Challenge"=Done! 15/25!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    I did have a good sleep last night....I was a bit worried that my after-work cardio would interfere with my sleep. But, mostly it did not. I was awake in the middle of the night, but I decided NOT to look at the clock! When I look at the clock, for sure that is a 2-hour-awake-penalty....I kind of feel that because I did NOT look, I might have lost an hour only??

My weight-lifting today was actually pretty good. I did the same routine that I did August, 2017, but was able to go up in my shoulder press, and I did more push-ups and reverse pull-ups than I could in August.

I am really happy about that!

Then I did a yoga class - too much "flow" for my taste. I usually look at yoga as a decent-stretch, but after weight-lifting, flow-yoga just felt too intense. Sigh. Now my hips seriously hurt and are on fire.

But, because I did do 2 x workouts, today, I allowed myself an aero bar after my lunch (which was eggs only).
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, TRX and bootcamp done. I took Hot Pilates last night. My calves are tight despite foam rolling.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Speed 3.0"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Top o' the mornin'! Workout done - pulled 235 one time on the deadlift. Felt awesome! #oldmanstrong
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Good thing I got my 3 miles done early. I needed the knowledge that I did this one good thing, even if everything else goes wrong today.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Still hitting up cardio kickboxing and punishing the heavy bag for all my food sins! Got to kettlebell on Saturday but haven't gotten into the long walks with my girls since I'm trying to make sure I work out every night as my oldest and I are taking the train to TO on Friday to celebrate her recent 11th birthday, staying at my sister's and spending Saturday at the zoo. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are heading to Las Vegas today to join a group of friends, most of whom are running the Mt Charleston marathon as they attempt to qualify for Boston in 2019. I'm tagging along to run the half marathon as a training day, since I've been rehabbing a cranky heel all winter. Looking forward to the short vacation break before I get into a heavy training block in May. My first triathlon of the year is June 3rd, and its a very hilly one. :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    My wife and I are heading to Las Vegas today to join a group of friends, most of whom are running the Mt Charleston marathon as they attempt to qualify for Boston in 2019. I'm tagging along to run the half marathon as a training day, since I've been rehabbing a cranky heel all winter. Looking forward to the short vacation break before I get into a heavy training block in May. My first triathlon of the year is June 3rd, and its a very hilly one. :)

Enjoy the trip! I’ll look forward to reading your race report (even if you are treating it as a training day).
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Debating if I want to do insanity or t-25 after work today. I hope I dont over do it.

Love them both, but I definitely love Insanity more!
  • BettyM1017
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Lots of prayers for an injury-free qualifying run for those running! And some extra prayers for you @Djproulx ! Here's hoping you work the kinks out of that heel, but NO injuries, you hear!