40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @gam3rguy What's with the bouncing around? Are you doing the Challenge du Jour?
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Endurance week continues! Tuesday, I worked out at home, reviving my slamball/rope climb workout with some new balance work added in on a 4" beam. Work has finally begun on the adult playground! Yay! And yes, I'm aware that still sounds dirty.

Yesterday was Weightless Wednesday...ish. I didn't have to bring weights to CG but the trainer brought sandbells. Running with 2 20-lb sandbells is seriously tough! But I did it!

Today is a little rock climbing fun and a 5-mile run. I might even get in a round of disc golf before I have to head to work. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Last night I got a 90kg or 198lbs squat for a single. Also a double at 88! Getting stronger! I hope to hit an even 100kg or 220lbs by my 60th birthday in September.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Took a half-day at work today and spent a while strolling around town with the spouse and the dog. BBQ for lunch, dog park, bike path. Nice day!

Racing Saturday so I’m taking it easy today and tomorrow.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Workout done, cooking has been happening this week again too. Back to logging food for a bit again as I was getting pretty bad about it while on the road a bunch, don't want that creep to start!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »

just throwing in some stuff I think I need. not ready to commit to a full program just yet. I have the Spartan BEAST tomorrow, and Savage BLITZ next week...so, "randoming".

"Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm Paul; 44 years old. Current weight 224 lbs. Started keto with intermittent fasting on Feb 2nd of 2018 at 274 lbs. Started it with a 3 day water only fast then went right to a one meal a day 23.5 hr intermittent fasting with keto.
    My goal is to get to around 15% body fat with good muscle tone. I think that should put me at somewhere between 174 and 185 lbs depending on the lean muscle mass I will have. I have a big frame and decent muscle under the fat currently but still want to improve on overall muscle mass by the end of my goal.

Since getting back into lifting I have noticed great strength increase and it's also helping with the joint support from them being under so much pressure from years from carrying the extra fat weight around.

I got to the point being so over weight that my blood pressure was high, I was pre diabetic, joints hurt, back hurt, tired all the time and not motivated. I was very fit and healthy in my 20's and was power lifting back then and was always in sports and cycling through school and into my 20's so I know what my body used to be like so remembering that I know what is possible for my body.

Since losing the 50 lbs so far and changing my eating and living habits my blood pressure is no longer high, my blood sugar is great, my energy has increased to excellent levels. My joints are not hurting any longer and my back feels much better. I am lifting heavy weights 3 to 5 days a week and bike riding a few times a week. I only eat once a day in a 30 to 45 minute window. I no longer crave sweets/carbs and I am not hungry for most of the hours in the days. I only start thinking about eating around the 20th hour of every day or so and I get full feeling very fast now.

I just got blood/urine lab tests back a couple days ago and everything across the board is great with improvements in all categories. Doctor says to keep doing what I'm doing so I'm not changing a thing other than I will probably keep adding more cardio types of exercise as I go.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

just throwing in some stuff I think I need. not ready to commit to a full program just yet. I have the Spartan BEAST tomorrow, and Savage BLITZ next week...so, "randoming".

That works. How long does it take you to do a Beast?
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Endurance week is done! Today is a rest day. And it really is mostly a rest day. I have some studying I have to catch up on, so I really am going to sit still for a bit.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    x82wt39yk0fz.jpeg
    No PRs were set, but it was a nice day out and I’m a little amazed I finished as quickly as I did considering that I had a ton of Mexican food and draft beer last night. Not the best fueling decision I’ve ever made.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options
    I have weighed the EXACt same for the last three saturdays. Like to the second decimal point, lol!

This is a bit frustrating, lol.

I felt GREAT after today’s workout....best I have felt in two months, actually. So, I am not mad or anything. But, weird, eh?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I have weighed the EXACt same for the last three saturdays. Like to the second decimal point, lol!

This is a bit frustrating, lol.

I felt GREAT after today’s workout....best I have felt in two months, actually. So, I am not mad or anything. But, weird, eh?

Interesting that you post this today - made me realize something. I've been in this 205-209 range for two months. Eating more carbs than when I started. Have had lots of energy at workouts and minimal aches and pains. Life is good. Thanks for making me see the bright side. :D

• gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

That works. How long does it take you to do a Beast?

It took the GF and I a little over 7 hours. More than an hour faster than last year. And she did obstacles she couldn’t do last year. I got bumped off the twister...they bumped me 5 times before I dropped though. I can do twister, figured it out last year. Still flubbed the stupid spear throw.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    4-mile easy run. 50 deg F and rainy, and I had the bike path completely to myself.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,942 Member
    Options
    Good, alteredsteve - always good to find a bright side!

I do have to report in a "zero loss" week in my challenge. Sigh.

This week, I will step up drinking more water and seriously figure out how to NOT eat right before bed (...and, no, don't give me "drink tea!" advice or some such thing because I do NOT ingest ANY liquids after supper as I do never, ever want to wake up in the middle of the night to peeeeee)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "SHAUN WEEK™: INSANE FOCUS Day 1: Insane Basics"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Strength day, with a 20-minute rowing warmup. Finally figured out a workout log/notebook that works for me (spiral-bound reporters notebook), so I can keep track of reps/weights/progression.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Started a 4 days a week Cosgrove strength workout program I have followed in the past. Front squats done.

Finished with 360 feet on Jacob's Ladder. That thing is evil. >:)