40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Arms/Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Legs/Back"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Chest/Beast: Abs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Shoulders/Arms"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Finished up my baseline weights for the new routine - I'm calling it Arnold Smash since it's based on Arnold's Mr Universe routine and will hopefully turn me into a totally Hulk chick!!! It begins for real next Wed - so totally stoked!!!
  • TRus1978
    TRus1978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! I would love to join this group, however that works. I feel like I'm having to completely start over on my fitness journey but determined to get it! I'm 40 and recovering from major wrist/arm surgery and giving birth to a precious little boy (6 weeks). I have a lot of challenges to overcome but I'm ready to do what it takes to be the "fittest me" again!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Back/Legs"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to you, sdereski - here’s hoping you had a lovely holiday season.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I have not had any workouts in 9 days. I feel blech. Two more days and I should be able to carve out some time to hit the gym.I HOPE!

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Burpees. AMRAP! 1 hour!!! 311 with 55# sandbag!!!

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

I've been in sloth mode for the last 3 weeks. No cardio at all per MD's orders while I recover from a PRP injection in my achilles tendon. While that healed, my only physical activity has been yoga. No worries, though, since I used the spare time to search out and consume every christmas cookie in our house. :)

Finally got the ok to resume activities again, so I'll start slowly with easy runs and some indoor cycling this week. Looking forward to getting back into our winter swim clinic starting next Sunday.

Best wishes to all for great health in 2019!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Chest/Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Arms/X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • brooks10k
    brooks10k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year All! Count me in. I am 43 soon to be 44 and I have always been a very active trail runner but 3 years ago I suffered a running injury and could not exercise for a while. Every time I would heal I would run and within a month I would re-injure myself. In the last 3 years, I have gained 30 pounds due to injury, laziness, relationship, and work. That is changing. I am 5'6 and 179 pounds, my goal is to lose 20 pounds and get back on track with the healthy lifestyle that I had maintained for so many years and have a balanced workout of strength, cardio, and yoga.
  • Nixonz
    Nixonz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m going to join and follow this group
    I’m over 50 so I surely qualify
    6’1. 184lbs. Down from 224 on January 1 of last year
    Goal is to continue to maintain with low carb diet and put 5-10 lbs of muscle on prior to the coming summer.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Legs/Back"=Done!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    30 day yoga with Adrienne- day 1 done!
  • llharrell
    llharrell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to follow this group :) I am kind of new to the app and all of this. I am 43 year old woman that has reach an all time high and it’s time to lose all this extra. I have found it extremely difficult since turning 40 to lose anything at all. I am active, I love to run and go to the gym but it is becoming difficult due to all the extra weight and extra stress on my body. But I am looking forward to healthy eating and any encouragement!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @llharrell Welcome! Hope you find the support you need! Feel free to add me as a friend. We're about the same age and I'm also having problems losing weight over 40.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Bulk: Shoulders/Chest"=Done!