40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get back into my routine. I have been on the road so much since the middle of October, that my food and exercise schedule was blown right out of the water. And I feel like crap as a result.
    Am home now, with no plans to go anywhere!
    Pilates last night. It was great. Perfect way to get back into the swing of things. :)

Have a great day all.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast: Lucky 7"=Done!...with sandbags. used the Brute Force Athlete and the smaller Beachbody one, sandbags are GAME CHANGERS!
  • oimullett
    oimullett Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    42 in January '19, been hitting the gym again for about a month or so 4/5 times a week. I have a herniated disc and upcoming surgery so despite the pain I'm doing my best to slim down AND strengthen up before the op!

For me it's usually row - kettlebell routine - run - shower…

Also just managed a 13.5k run that was mostly off-road, that hurt a bit tbh in lots of ways
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hi Kids,

The stability boot is off my left foot, so I'm slowly getting back into a routine. Since I'm still in off season recovery mode, its just some swimming, an indoor cycling class and now a slow easy run once per week as I strengthen my achilles tendon.

I'm focused on continued weight reduction, so I signed up for another 12 week block with the RD. I'm currently at my lowest weight in years, but looking to go down another 6-8lbs over the winter. That drop would have me down to my college weight for the 2019 racing season. Hoping it gives me a chance to at least get a glimpse of the fast old guys, lol.

Stay Cool.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Ultimate Reset: Yoga to Reclaim with Bee"=Done!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Seeing some names I recognize. Been absent a while. Need help on motivation. Good luck everyone!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
    less than 2 hours of vacation left. not looking forwrd to going back...at all. i still have video games that aren't going to play themselves!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    3 rounds of glutes done last night, even after having a beer...motivation was lacking, but pushed through!
  • DjLap
    DjLap Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Is 51 too old to be in this group?

New to the community here, kinda
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    No such thing as too old - welcome to the party!
  • sdereski
    Options
    short walk followed by 30 burpees using 8lb weights yesterday.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Build: Legs"=Done!
  • oimullett
    Options
    Knackered today, absolutely knackered :(
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Get some rest and paper yourself and feel better!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Exercise class last night. 45 min of pound (using drumsticks and pounding on an exercise ball), followed by 15 min of yoga stretching. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    eccentric upper and 2 rounds of glutes last night
  • oimullett
    Options
    Gym session incoming… Feeling knackered so it will probably be a good one (it's odd, but that's how it tends to work!)
  • jbitakis
    jbitakis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    48yr old male. I lost 30 pounds in the last 4 months. 235 to 205 now. 5'11. I have always been into weightlifting but ate too much and got overweight. My waist size is now 36.75 from 42 back in early August. Now I want to get my waist down to 34.5 and (less importantly) my weight to 190-195. I'm on 2040 cal/day and as long as I stay on that I lose 1.5-3 pounds/week. Over this holiday period, I'm just trying to not gain weight and will kick it up a notch after New years Day.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Build: Shoulders" & "P90X3: X3 Ab Ripper"=Done!