40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Yes, we were also back there for the FM concert and then the postponement! Our tickets won’t be refunded....so, we have to spend (again!) on flights/ hotel for the April date. Sigh.

I have a headcold....I feel too weak to workout today, even though I worked out with this same headcold on Mon and Wed. Weird.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 8 Day 4: Full Body HIIT"=Done! "LIIFT4" program=DONE!
    I found a pretty epic looking BODY BEAST hybrid calendar online. starting that on Monday.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    wait, wait, wait - please share the hybrid body beast calendar

reworked my glute routine to fewer exercises and more reps and heavier weights, did that Wed and Thurs - so far so good
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Yes, we were also back there for the FM concert and then the postponement! Our tickets won’t be refunded....so, we have to spend (again!) on flights/ hotel for the April date. Sigh.

I have a headcold....I feel too weak to workout today, even though I worked out with this same headcold on Mon and Wed. Weird.

Our tickets were refunded. That's why I am planning on going to see them, but in Toronto this time. Much closer for me.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Beachbody Yoga Studio: Muscle Recovery with Ted" & "LesMills COMBAT: Combat 30 Kick Start"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2: X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I got in my kettlebell workout, we did long cycle jerks which we haven't done in ages and I did a set of deadlifts with the purple bells which are 20kilo each, then I did a kickboxing class. Then we went to a Christmas party and ate allll the food!

I think I'm most proud of the fact that Thursday night we did pistols, using bands on the top of the heavy bags. I can do them no problem but normally my legs hurt for daaayyyyssss, this time they didn't! Probably because we did them less then a week before.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Well I got in my kettlebell workout, we did long cycle jerks which we haven't done in ages and I did a set of deadlifts with the purple bells which are 20kilo each, then I did a kickboxing class. Then we went to a Christmas party and ate allll the food!

I think I'm most proud of the fact that Thursday night we did pistols, using bands on the top of the heavy bags. I can do them no problem but normally my legs hurt for daaayyyyssss, this time they didn't! Probably because we did them less then a week before.

@3furballs - Great workout. I have a question. We usually do pistol squats using TRX straps for support. You are using large rubber bands for support - correct? While standing on a heavy bag - am I understanding this correctly? Thank you.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options

@3furballs - Great workout. I have a question. We usually do pistol squats using TRX straps for support. You are using large rubber bands for support - correct? While standing on a heavy bag - am I understanding this correctly? Thank you.

We loop the resistance bands through two of the chains at the top of the heavy bag, then stand in front of it. The band's help balance and pull you up.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options

We loop the resistance bands through two of the chains at the top of the heavy bag, then stand in front of it. The band's help balance and pull you up.

@3furballs - Now I understand. Thank you. :)

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Walking done yesterday, but no weights, didn't get home until 10:30pm, and sleep was more of a priority.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3: Complex Lower" & "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Ab Shredder"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Axe throwing fun tonight. I was the night's winner. :)
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and wanting to re lose the remaining 22lbs of the 40 I gained after a serious knee injury (I know it didn't have to be like that but I was miserable and comfort ate).
    I'm cleaning up my diet (meals, are fine but changing how I snack) and getting into major exercise again (but having to work around knee as it can't take all the high impact stuff Iove best).
    I'm a dog walker for a job these days and am always outside with my beloved Hungarian Vizsla.... The best active companion you could ever have lol.
    Is joining just being a part of this thread or is there a group? x x
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Build: Shoulders/Beast: Abs"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    balibee146 wrote: »
    Is joining just being a part of this thread or is there a group? x x

Just post here in the thread. Welcome to MFP.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Beachbody Yoga Studio: Muscle Recovery with Ted"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility"=Done!