Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Focus T25: Gamma Speed 3.0"=Done!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in 4 months. Mixed feelings. Not where I want to be strength wise. Rough couple years, spread too thin.... but I quit my job and am home with my kids full time again - slowly getting my groove back. Going to take me all day to go through this thread which is great since I love to get distracted and procrastinate.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    Going to take me all day to go through this thread which is great since I love to get distracted and procrastinate.

I do the same thing. "I'll just check in on MFP for a few minutes." Look up and an hour has passed. Gotta' find that balance between inspiration and action.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 4 Day 3: Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 4 Day 4: Legs – HIIT"="dunzo!"...LOL! guess that's a new word. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=Done! that one's always a MONSTER!!! but, I keep coming back to it.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "80 Day Obsession: Roll & Release"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 5 Day 1: Chest/Triceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 5 Day 2: Back/Biceps – Circuit"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Lifting done. BOOM!

Cardio done. ZOOM!

Happy Tuesday.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Got to focus pad class last night and kickboxing tonight. Have been eating out and had potlucks last week and tomorrow will see tons of goodies in the house, so trying to get as many workouts as possible in.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Finally had an MRI done on my cranky achilles tendon and it confirmed my suspicion. There is some damage, including a minimal tear, as well as bursitis. Now I'm wearing a stability boot to calm the inflammation while we decide on treatment. Not sure if strengthening the tendon and managing it will allow it to recover enough to run next year, or if surgery is the answer. Kind of bummed, but at least I can still ride the bike and swim.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the group as well! I’m hanging on to 49 by a thread. Looking to lose 7 pounds but they are the hardest!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Gamma Speed 3.0" & "LIIFT4: Roll & Recover/Stretch"=Done! 10 hours until my vacation starts!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 5 Day 3: Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    My M/W/F gym routine is working out just fine.

I do about 45 minutes of weight-lifting. I am writing everything down to make sure I am actually going heavier when I can and changing up the reps from time to time, too. And then I hit a cardio class - I am doing MORE cardio than I have in about 7 or 8 years and my lungs are SUPER GRATEFUL.

I am sleeping well. I am managing any mood fluctuations.

Sliding into "50" and feeling really good.

BOOM!

This is great! You definitely got this. I was my fittest at 50. Ran 5 marathons in my fiftieth year (1 for every decade). Plus I did a lot of strength classes.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I have been continuing with my weekly classes. I was away for a week in Toronto for work. while there, i did a lot of walking, and eating was good. right after, i had to head to Sudbury for another work meeting....lots of driving, very minimal walking and eating was so-so.
    Back to classes last night. Felt SO good!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 5 Day 4: Legs – LIIFT 50/50"=Done! WRECKED now!!! late night last night up in NYC!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Thanks, sdereski.

It has been such an up-and-down year....weird in so many ways and for awhile, NOTHING seemed to be working that well. So, it is nice that, with regular exercise, I am getting back to (my own version of) normal.

I had a great workout today. Went and saw a movie matinee. It's a GREAT birthday day.

"50 is nifty" as they say!