40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "SHAUN WEEK: INSANE FOCUS Pure Cardio 2"=Done!
    spent WAY too much time fighting with the On Demand today. settings said i was connected and my connection was "very good"...still wouldn't load. :s
    i ended up going to my back room, where the computer lives...and banged it out there. not the best room as it's smaller and has a lower ceiling. yes i hit the ceiling today...more than once. >:(
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Still on the 5 x 5 Stronglifts program. I could always be eating better. Checking in.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Circuit training followed by an hour of yoga! Yoga was tough yesterday....lots of vinyasas, so a lot of muscle work. I was literally dripping afterward.
  • ApolloDj2018
    ApolloDj2018 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    45 here from the uk started my weight loss journey 12 weeks ago and I'm 28lbs lighter as of now , love the app love the people on this app , add me if you need a weight loss buddy 😋
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    48 here. The week has been good so far. I'm eating my 1500 calories and staying within my macros. Exercise has been hardcore (for me) with biking to work, weights, and training for a 15k albeit very slowly. I know I need a rest possibly tomorrow or Friday. We shall see.
  • ApolloDj2018
    ApolloDj2018 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    48 here. The week has been good so far. I'm eating my 1500 calories and staying within my macros. Exercise has been hardcore (for me) with biking to work, weights, and training for a 15k albeit very slowly. I know I need a rest possibly tomorrow or Friday. We shall see.

Keep it up 😋
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Lifted today. And hit a step class. All good on the exercise front! BOOM!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

First off, Welcome to the New Kids.
    @sdereski - Great Hat!
    @Beeps2011 - Way to stick with it. Sounds like you're having great success on many fronts. Congrats!!

I'm in week number 6 of post IM recovery, so I've only been exercising for fun these days. Took a road cycling class just for fun last Saturday to learn how to ride in a pace line group, did a couple easy open water swims, and have done some easy trail running with friends.

I've also resumed a nutrition plan guided by the same dietician I used in 2017. So far, I am down 6.5lbs in 5 weeks by following his recommendations. I'm going to use the off season to see if I can reach my college weight. It will take quite an effort, but it's much easier to drop weight in the off season.

Also, three of my tri friends and I have also started taking swimming lessons from a local high school coach this fall. Hoping to improve my swimming efficiency during the offseason.

Stay Cool.
  • sdereski
    edited October 2018
    Options
    "Cardio Shred" followed by "pump". Total 75 minute workout. Left a puddle on the floor.

@Djproulx - I think your weight loss plan and swimming lessons are such great ideas! Good for you. I know you will do well. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Power" & "LIIFT4: Week 1 Day 3: Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals"=Done!
    late start today as I was out late last night. went down to Delaware for a concert. 4 bands...didn't get home 'till almost 2AM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Power" & "LIIFT4: Week 1 Day 3: Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals"=Done!
    late start today as I was out late last night. went down to Delaware for a concert. 4 bands...didn't get home 'till almost 2AM!
  • HeyEmilio
    HeyEmilio Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    41, looking to cut while maintaining muscle mass. 1/6 cardio, 5/6 lifting, and eating clean of course.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 1 Day 4: Legs – LIIFT 50/50" & "Focus T25: Alpha Stretch"=Done!
  • sdereski
    Options
    total body blast and pilates done last night. Had to skip out of pilates 15 minutes early, but was still got a good workout!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Your plan sounds great, Djproulx!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Four-day holiday for me. Visiting family and friends back home. <3
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Still chugging along with kickboxing workouts. Not as much kettlebell as I could wish and I've scaled back on my weights on the resistance portion of kickboxing as my lower back is still giving me some issues, but still working out 4-5 times a week plus walking. I've managed to maintain around 135lb weight which is good since I feel like I've been eating more sweets since we were on vacation in August.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. There will be lots of food this weekend so I'm off shortly to kickboxing and hopefully walking or jogging tomorrow and Monday and a bit of a weight lifting workout.

Sounds like everyone has kept up the work outs and keeping accountable, which is great.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Game Day"=Done! now...i Nintendo.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch" & "Focus T25: Alpha Speed 1.0"=Done!