40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility & Back to Core"=Done!
    I always chuckle (and sometimes cuss) when he says “go through it again”. Nope, nope,nope,nope,nope!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    ...pulled the trigger and we are moving across the country to Toronto! The kids and hubby fly there Saturday. I stay to manage the move, but should make it out by mid-month I’d say.

Too tired to write much more. Stress-diet in full swing...bet I lose five lbs easy!

Wow Beeps! That's a big move. You are moving into a high priced housing market -much like Edmonton was a while back. Wishing you all the best - hope everyone is happy with the move.

I love TO!! Just came back from a weekend there with my girlfriends. It was a blast.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Thank you for the support, friends. Today is Day 4....each day gets a bit easier and I am more ready to leave.

I pulled photos and pictures down yesterday, off the walls, and that was easier than I thought and made a big difference! Now, it just looks like a “house” around here - not a “home”. My bff from Calgary was right - “a home is where your people are...not where your “stuff” is.”

I want to reunite with my family, so I hope the furniture can move soon!

BOOM!

Your girlfriend is so right. Years back we had sold our house BEFORE our new house was completed, so we moved around a bit - renting a place here and there. I was distraught as I felt so bad for our kids (they were in University) but I still felt that we didn't have a "home".
    One Christmas, while we were still living in someone else's house, my youngest son gave me a beautiful plaque with the words:

"No matter what, no matter where, it's always home when love is there". <3

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    We are not selling the Edmonton home....and have no interest in buying real estate in Toronto. The Toronto home we are leasing is gorgeous and we have a two-year lease, so the teenagers will be off to university by that conclusion.

But, we are moving all of our belongings to Toronto from Edmonton home - because husband's company is paying for the entire move. Paying to truck our vehicles out there (2 vehicles arrived in Toronto today, my vehicle is going onto a truck this weekend for arrival in 5 days). Paying to pack everything.

So, the vacant Edmonton home is actually going to be filled by our oldest son and his gf....they are saving for a house, so they now have our Edmonton home for 2 years - which gives them a seriously decent nest egg to then get into a house at the end of that 2-year period. Plus, they will take good care of our house and they can take good care of my daughter's fish (which cannot be moved to Toronto for obvious reasons).

I will try and make it to the gym, tomorrow. I am still barely sleeping, but I can feel the stress being reduced somewhat. It has been eleven days of crazy-making stress, but most of the "organization" decisions are behind us.

The teens settled into their new school today - 4 days late, but that cannot be fatal.

BOOM!
  • petethegamer29
    petethegamer29 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    48. Uk based. Feel free to add me
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Game Day, Overtime & Relief"=Done!
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So, the summer was a washout - new job + intense heat & humidity meant that exercise went out the window and probably drank too much refreshing white wine :)

But, this puts me in a great position to start fresh! Temperature has cooled down quite a bit, plus I joined a gym, so I won't have an excuse not to exercise. Have started the 5-2 "diet" today (many say it becomes a lifestyle after a while... we shall see) and have made it until well after my normal lunch time and am only moderately uncomfortable. Am looking forward to my modest dinner and eating normally tomorrow!

Have been taking short walks to distract myself from lack of food today and will properly exercise tomorrow.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Spartan Beast finished over the weekend in Indiana. Weather was perfect - course was brutally fantastic.

2018 Trifecta complete!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Spartan Beast finished over the weekend in Indiana. Weather was perfect - course was brutally fantastic.

2018 Trifecta complete!
    Congrats and AROO!!!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Ab Shredder & Relief"=Done!
  • tcohen74
    tcohen74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there - am 44 and despite working out 5 times a week, dancing and doing strength training I have gained 10 pounds. They wont come off - if i eat more, eat less, work out more, work out less, the weight keep creeping on. I am now up (as of this morning) almost 13 pounds and it is beyond upsetting. I am about 80/20 really strict and clean to being a little looser but I never do the eat a pint of ice cream or plate of nachos thing. Any advise, or anyone going through anything similar??!! Been to doctors, and nutritionists and no one can seem to stop this weight gain!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    1975 checking in. Want to know how we know were aging? I now work with people who were alive on 9/11/2001 but were too young to remember.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    tcohen74 wrote: »
    Hi there - am 44 and despite working out 5 times a week, dancing and doing strength training I have gained 10 pounds. They wont come off - if i eat more, eat less, work out more, work out less, the weight keep creeping on. I am now up (as of this morning) almost 13 pounds and it is beyond upsetting. I am about 80/20 really strict and clean to being a little looser but I never do the eat a pint of ice cream or plate of nachos thing. Any advise, or anyone going through anything similar??!! Been to doctors, and nutritionists and no one can seem to stop this weight gain!

A question, comment and another question:

How much water are you drinking? Water retention is real and very frustrating during cutting weight.

Comment: If you are working out 5 times per week and doing strength training, you are most likely adding muscle mass, albeit little by little every week. You should ask yourself what your goal is. Do you want to lose weight period? Add muscle, reduce fat?

Final question: Do you follow a program or are you just winging it?
  • MrsLundquist
    MrsLundquist Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING from Buffalo!

How is everyone doing? I am getting back on track. My bariatric nutritionist wants me to get back on my vitamins, tracking food and exercising. So I am doing that TODAY! :)

Wishing everyone a great week!
  • sdereski
    Options
    @Beeps2011 - you are in the home stretch!
    Sounds like all is working out well with the move and a really nice opportunity for your son and his g/f to save up for their own home.
    good luck to all of you in your new city / home /work & school.

Life has been hectic here, but I have been able to spend some wonderful quality time with my granddaughters. Took them on a hike this past weekend, and my eldest let her imagination run wild as we entered "the enchanted forest". I am not sure what she will be when she grows up, but I know it will be in the arts. She is 7 and all she wants to do is write, paint and create.

Keep kickin' butt my friends.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 X Trainer & Relief"=Done!
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    2nd "fasting" day this week - a little harder than Monday! Still 2 1/2 hours to go until my meagre dinner of steamed broccoli and a boiled egg and I'm pretty hungry... More peppermint tea!

Did not have time to go to the gym yesterday (except to tour it, lol) and won't until Friday. Have been getting my 10k steps in, though. Well done to everyone who's keeping at it!