40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I have been out doing 5 mile walks. The humidity has been insane. By the time I get home, my hair has tripled in volume. :smiley:
    Wild thunder and lightening storm last night, which caused temps to plummet. Brrr.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Strength"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Back to Core & Relief"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    ...pulled the trigger and we are moving across the country to Toronto! The kids and hubby fly there Saturday. I stay to manage the move, but should make it out by mid-month I’d say.

Too tired to write much more. Stress-diet in full swing...bet I lose five lbs easy!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch"=Done!
    easy day. good thing. I may or may not have, but probably totally did stay up a bit too late last night playing a game. oops. LOL!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    ...pulled the trigger and we are moving across the country to Toronto! The kids and hubby fly there Saturday. I stay to manage the move, but should make it out by mid-month I’d say.

Too tired to write much more. Stress-diet in full swing...bet I lose five lbs easy!

Best of luck with the move!
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Heya Age 42 East Coast USA here...Add me if you like and best of luck to all on meeting your fitness goals!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Welp, I turned 40 earlier this month. Sooo...hi.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Championship + Fit Test"=Done! I got 9 rounds!!! stumbled briefly on round 6, but managed to refocus and bang 'em out!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    The move, Part One, is today. I am too exhausted to be that emotional, but this has been our home for sixteen years....we raised our children here. So, this is very hard for me.

I find out on Tuesday when the furniture will all get packed (by others) and moved....that is Part Two.

Part Three is the unloading and organization at the other end.

I work full time, so this really is a LOT of stuff “to do”. Needless to say, I have forsaken time at the gym for the time being...but have zero appetite so am losing scale weight (and likely muscle).

I will rebuild.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Upper Elite & Ab Shredder"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    The move, Part One, is today. I am too exhausted to be that emotional, but this has been our home for sixteen years....we raised our children here. So, this is very hard for me.

I find out on Tuesday when the furniture will all get packed (by others) and moved....that is Part Two.

Part Three is the unloading and organization at the other end.

I work full time, so this really is a LOT of stuff “to do”. Needless to say, I have forsaken time at the gym for the time being...but have zero appetite so am losing scale weight (and likely muscle).

I will rebuild.

Best wishes for a smooth transition for you and your family. Keep us posted on your adventure!

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 , good luck with your move, you'll be closer to me!

Pleasantly surprised, we got home last Saturday, I weighed myself almost a week later to give myself time to lose water weight and I'm back to 135! Considering just how much beer, chips and ice cream I ate that week I'm impressed. I worked out Mon/Wed/Thur since they're closed this weekend. However I've certainly not been on track this weekend either, told myself I would do some light weights at home but that hasn't happened. This is why I go to classes, much more motivated
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Power Legs & Pure Contact"=Done!
  • zenxray
    zenxray Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hello all. Been on MFP 4 years. I have an open diary and some great success. Feel free to add me.
    All the Best on your journey
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thank you for the support, friends. Today is Day 4....each day gets a bit easier and I am more ready to leave.

I pulled photos and pictures down yesterday, off the walls, and that was easier than I thought and made a big difference! Now, it just looks like a “house” around here - not a “home”. My bff from Calgary was right - “a home is where your people are...not where your “stuff” is.”

I want to reunite with my family, so I hope the furniture can move soon!

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Back & 6 Pack"=Done! That was rough after all those push ups, pull ups and sandbag drills I banged out on Sunday!!! Got it done though!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Vertical Plyo/Overtime"=Done!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Another race weekend in the books - only one left (later in October) for my local circuit this year.

Got some new-found confidence in the bike, unfortunately that didn't really turn into better laptimes - but, had lots of fun wheelies (may have been having a bit too much fun with them LOL). Now that the bike is running right (was having transmission issues), ended up chasing set up all weekend and never really did get it dialed in.

Few chances to ride between now and the last round, hoping I can get the bike sorted and get a performance I can be proud of....

Power wheelie off the start of one of my races:
    phzasas7hu65.jpg
  • OCDOD
    OCDOD Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    42 = Thee answer 😎