40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility & Back to Core"=Done!
    I don’t have any of those stupid bands left, so I “modified” by using one of the pup’s squeaky toys! She “helped”.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Upper Elite & Ab Shredder"=Done!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    suzy45que wrote: »
    Am I the oldest soul here? I used to belong to gyms up until about 8 years. I can join one again after my surgery and recovery. I desperately want to drop the 65 plus pounds gained since I cold Turkey quit smoking 7 years ago.

I will be 60 in about 3 weeks, so nope you are not the oldest!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Power Legs"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Tried to get out for a power walk last evening. 4 people stopped to chat. It's difficult to keep your heart rate up when you keep stopping to chat. Finally, on the return, I was able to "power on".
  • KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I woke up again today. Looks like another win!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Back & 6 Pack"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Ironman Mont Tremblant race done on Sunday. My time wasn't as fast as I'd like (it never is!) but it was a great experience.

Now I"m taking a few weeks of recovery time. I'm really looking forward to resuming a "normal" schedule.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Ironman Mont Tremblant race done on Sunday. My time wasn't as fast as I'd like (it never is!) but it was a great experience.

Now I"m taking a few weeks of recovery time. I'm really looking forward to resuming a "normal" schedule.

Well done Ironman! :)
  • Djproulx
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »

Well done Ironman! :)

Thanks. My wife is very glad that its over. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Vertical Plyo/Overtime"=Done!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    working out has been on hold for me
    ....hate that i'm usually all in and so dedicated about working out or I'm just..not
    took off some vaca times with kids hiked around Acadia National Park/Maine...when i got back I was always going to start working out again...tomorrow...im still waiting for that tomorrow
    i need a kick in the *kitten*
    I have been sticking to my cals and down around 15 pounds over the past few months...
    kim
  • MentallyIllin
    MentallyIllin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’m in! 41-year-old in Austin, y’all!

I lost 25 pounds over the course of about a year and a half, but gained almost 10 back after some dumb life things. Now I’m back on the wagon.

I am wholeheartedly opposed to “clean” eating. I hate the use of the word “clean” (“not clean” eating is therefore “dirty” eating?!), the vagueness of the concept, and the way it hides orthorexic tendencies in a lot of people.

I am probably 90% vegan, but only because I really don’t like meat or eggs. Cheese is good, but it’s not my obsession. So I guess I’m a vegan who occasionally eats brisket or a cheeseburger 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m a proponent of CICO; it’s science, so it makes sense to me.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility & Back to Core"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    working out has been on hold for me
    ....hate that i'm usually all in and so dedicated about working out or I'm just..not
    took off some vaca times with kids hiked around Acadia National Park/Maine...when i got back I was always going to start working out again...tomorrow...im still waiting for that tomorrow
    i need a kick in the *kitten*
    I have been sticking to my cals and down around 15 pounds over the past few months...
    kim

@kimber0607 - Over the last two years, I've taken a scheduled break in my training after my races are over for the season. That means no formal (coached or uncoached) workouts, just movement for fun. It really helps my body recover from training stress and just as importantly, it gives me a mental break, too.

Last year's break lasted six weeks from mid October until December first. By mid November, I was itching to start back up and I was like a caged animal by December one. :) You may find that taking a defined break really helps you be ok with the down time and you come back with renewed enthusiasm when you return to your exercise program.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Spartan Honor Sprint!! DONE!!! 100% even that effin’ spear throw!!! BOOYAH!

• gam3rguy
    edited August 2018
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Game Day"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Ab Shredder & Vol 1 Relief"=Done!