40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    It’s my 44th birthday today but also my 5 year maintenance anniversary! I’m very proud of maintaining my weight loss and fitness for that time so I hope it’s ok to post a pic :) I’m only sporadically logging for the moment but feel free to add me if you like!
    bdwmd4d1h7pe.jpeg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks! :)
  • rupshaw
    rupshaw Posts: 248 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Well I ran my first 5km today. It was a fun run for a local church raising funds for their weekly hospitality meals and I was suppose to jog with my 11 great old daughter, but I forgot she had a babysitting course today.

So ran on my own and was the first woman over the finish line. The course was just shy of the actual 5km and I did it in just under 28 minutes! Feeling pretty proud. My cardio is pretty good with all my working out but I've never been a distance runner and I've never run 5 km before!

Nice job! I run a lot of 5ks and the nice thing about getting older is you tend to climb the ladder of finishers! LOL Congrats again, good time!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Focus T25: Alpha Speed 1.0/Beta Speed 2.0" & "LIIFT4: Week 3 Day 1: Chest/Triceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Back to Core" & "LIIFT4: Week 3 Day 2: Back/Biceps – Circuit"=Done! for the band exchange in Back to Core, I used a small pumpkin! :p
  • lemonita12
    lemonita12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am 42, female, have two boys and a lovely husband who refuses to join me in my efforts to lose weight. I would like to loose 26 pounds as I have gained a lot of weight over the past few months :( . Add me as a friend if you want.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: Max Cardio Conditioning"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    The cardio step instructor did not show up, today. So, the YMCA staff member came in and said "I will do a cardio class....you won't need a step, and you won't need weights or a mat."

He proceeded to do a zumba class.

So, two things: (i) zumba is not very much cardio for pete's sakes. I did not crack a sweat; and (ii) zumba's movements are TOO SILENT for me - I need vocal cue-ing!!

Sigh.

Plus, so much of the movement is all foot and ankle....who needs that? Give me KNEES UP any ol' time.

Thank goodness I did 50 minutes of lifting before trying to get into the (absent) cardio-step class.

BOOM.
  • _JustKev_
    _JustKev_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in! Glad to find others my age.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Missed my exercise classes this week. Had company so we did a 10k walk on Monday and great 10k hike on Tuesday. That was a workout! The fitbit recorded a 176 flights of stairs.
    Had the grandkids tonight...so again, no exercise classes. Bring on Thursday.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 3 Day 3: Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals" & "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Power Legs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 3 Day 4: Legs – LIIFT 50/50" & "Insanity: Recovery"=Done!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I just turned 43 last week. I transitioned from the "5x5 Stronglifts" program to "The Bridge". I have already beat a couple PRs. I'm down 2.5 pounds this week though its just from eating better and at a deficit. Scanning through there are a lot of good looking people doing a lot of great things. Keep it up.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Made it to my classes last night. 45 min of body blast followed by 60 min of pilates. body blast was 3-2-1 (3 min of strength, 2 min of cardio, 1 min of abs. on repeat. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Lifting done. BOOM.

Cardio done. ZOOM.

I am going to enjoy my fitness-free weekend! :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: Max Cardio Conditioning"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Yoga for Weekend Warriors with Ted"=Done!
    That was tough in a few spots. Well, I can shiv asana pretty good.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 4 Day 1: Chest/Triceps – Circuit"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 4 Day 2: Back/Biceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!