• Tonnenator
    Tonnenator Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh and - I'm a nerd. -_-
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oh and - I'm a nerd. -_-

Aren't we all in some way or another? Gadget geek here with a side of SciFi!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Well, being tall helps in that if I gain 10 lbs, nobody notices. However, the reverse is also true....when I lose 10 lbs (as I did this fall), NOBODY NOTICES!!

I look good in clothes....that really wasn't my worry. I have been trying to aim to looking better naked. And, frankly, it's gonna be a stretch no matter how this goes! I don't think I look any better naked, maybe a little less "fleshy" around the mid-section, but that's about it. I'm a TOTAL PEAR, so trying to eliminate the fat from my saddle-bags is gonna take time, patience, etc....I'm sure it will come OFF there LAST - so, meantime, I *am* slender upstairs and, I've never had any boobs, which certainly carries on to this day.

Welcome to the newcomers! Stick around and add to the conversation!

Today, I lift.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I had to ask someone WHAT cool whip is...
    It's a weird "non dairy" whipped topping. It's supposed to be "like" whipped cream. I think it fails at it miserably, but I'm afraid I'm in the minority.
    Does that make me not eligable for the cool kids club? :(
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    It's a weird "non dairy" whipped topping. It's supposed to be "like" whipped cream. I think it fails at it miserably, but I'm afraid I'm in the minority.

absolutely NOT! I am a not a huge fan of cool whip, but love my whipped cream.
    Welcome aboard friend. :flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    Options

absolutely NOT! I am a not a huge fan of cool whip, but love my whipped cream.
    Welcome aboard friend. :flowerforyou:

I mean of course you are eligible - it doesn't make you illegible. :tongue: Gawd, I hope you know what I mean. WELCOME!!:happy:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Well, being tall helps in that if I gain 10 lbs, nobody notices. However, the reverse is also true....when I lose 10 lbs (as I did this fall), NOBODY NOTICES!!

I look good in clothes....that really wasn't my worry. I have been trying to aim to looking better naked. And, frankly, it's gonna be a stretch no matter how this goes! I don't think I look any better naked, maybe a little less "fleshy" around the mid-section, but that's about it. I'm a TOTAL PEAR, so trying to eliminate the fat from my saddle-bags is gonna take time, patience, etc....I'm sure it will come OFF there LAST - so, meantime, I *am* slender upstairs and, I've never had any boobs, which certainly carries on to this day.

Welcome to the newcomers! Stick around and add to the conversation!

Today, I lift.

Yep - saddle bag carrier here as well.
    I'm told my face is SO thin, but the caboose and saddle bags hang around.
    Did you read my profile? My goal is to look good naked. :laugh:

Our goals are the same!:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    That's awesome, sdereski!! (At this point, I'll settle for "looking good partially naked".)

I weighed, today. Am UP 1.8 lbs.

Booooooooooooooooo.

Strange, too, because I have kept about a 400-450 calorie deficit EVERY day, this week, except Saturday. Anyway, I've decided to NOT let this affect my current strategy. I did get my lifting in.

And, tomorrow is another day.

:smile:
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'll never ever look good naked no matter what. I just want to be able to walk across the room without being out of breath and for my arms to stop waving when I do! lol
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Good news! I don't have to go out of town!

So, that means I can get in a lifting session tomorrow, and can keep my diet 100% ON PLAN!

Whew - I wasn't looking forward to 'damage control' next week. Instead, I'm just keeping on keeping on!
  • sdereski
    Options
    lorcart - welcome - we all have our goals - looking good is a DREAM goal that will probably never happen for me. What I have noticed as I lose and gain and lose again...is that my "shape" never really changes, it just gets smaller or bigger. Am trying to "re-distribute" where it all sits with weight training. No real difference to date. :tongue:

Beeps, glad to hear you don't have to go out of town. I, on the other hand have had to. Had a funeral out of town, so left yesterday afternoon (so no w/o) and am back tonight, after a hair raising 5 and 1/2 hr drive that normally takes 2 hrs and 15 min! Needless to say, no w/o today. Am headed back out of town right after work again tomorrow until Sunday. Am supposed to leave again on Tuesday for a meeting, but think I will back out of that one. too much time away and I don't like it.

Time for me to hit the sack. It's been a long, stressful day.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Wow, that *does* sound super-stressful, sdereski!

Yesterday was pretty much a gong-show nutrition-wise....as in, I ate what I wanted, when I wanted it, and did not make healthy choices!

Today, I'm simply "starting over" and aiming to get through the weekend with a calorie-deficit everyday!

And, I can go lift, today!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Got my lifting in. Boy, hard session today. I was huffing-and-puffing and had to take MANY MORE REST BREAKS than the circuit allows.

D-o-h!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Forgive me, I'm new to the 'message board' thing. I have to make a habit of visiting here more often! Been a tough couple of weeks, I had a cold, then my son had the flu. I couldn't work out. I am excited to get back to working out on Monday! I went walking this past week and half way through was extremely dizzy so I knew I couldn't go to my body pump class!

Hope you all have a great week!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    My weekend was B-U-S-Y. You KNOW it's "busy" when you race to (busy) work to escape (busy) home life, lol!!

Today, I'll go to the gym and lift, but likely won't have the right time to lift again until Friday. Maybe I'll do a cardio class after work on Wednesday, we'll see!

How are you all doing??

REMEMBER IT'S ONLY 3 WEEKS UNTIL 2013!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I have an evening out with some gf's tonight....am looking forward to that!

No work-out, today. Will watch calories.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,

Beeps, I know what you mean about busy. Tis the season, that's for sure. It seems I've been on the road so much and away from work more than I want to be...because then I am extra busy at work. But, life happens. Had a death in the family, so we were away at a funeral. Home over night then back out of town again for some Christmas shopping. At work for a day, then off today to help fill Christmas hampers for needy families. I worked my butt off! Worked from 9 - 5 hauling boxes. Back to work for a couple of days then out of town again for a Dr.'s appt. Geesh!
    In between I am wrapping and baking and trying to finish the decorating. The tree is up, but not decorated. Will try and get that done tomorrow night.

Needless to say, I have not worked out since.........can't remember....sometime last week. Going to try and do something physical tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

Hope you are all doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, YES IT'S ME, ALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed you guys and have missed myfitness pal. Soooo much has happened this year and continues to happen of course. I am a year older as of Nov 11, 49! I am still teaching Zumba, reduced to two nights a week but hoping to resume 4 nights a week in Jan. Most of you know my mother passed away in May. Well, I invited my dad to come stay with me through the Holidays, he arrived in Oct 17. On Nov 1 he had a stroke in my house, he spent 21 days in the hospital. He was discharged the day before Thanksgiving. I have been caring for him at my house. Havent been to work much...I am surprised I am still employed. It has been very stressful but I am hanging in there. He is recuperating slowly but he has made lots of progress. I need to get back in the swing of things. Before my dad had the stroke I was teaching Zumba 4 nights a week and had started the new rules of lifting for abs program. I need to resume that because I am feeling flabby these days. I love to weight train and I have stopped that. My goal is to move some of my equipment to my room and resume tomorrow morning since I teach Zumba tonight. I have managed to just gain about 4 lbs over my weight goal of 125, weighed 129.4 this morning. It might be the stress because I have been eating lots of carbs, refined sugars, junk, not sleeping well, etc. But enough is enough, I need to take care of me!!!!! I am glad this thread, that I founded soooo many years ago, is still going strong. Keep up the good work!!!!! Love you!!!!!
  • intend2
    Options
    Well I'm a cool kid because the 80's are vintage now lol. I'm Cheryl, 43, mom to a 11 year old DD and 6.5 YO little guy, artist and graphic designer married to an engineer. I have always been active but now I want to get FIT. I have this 30 lbs lingering on my body that needs to GO. I have never really "dieted" before but i used to eat really healthy (and be in my 20's & 30's lol) and I am not really dieting now so much as becoming conscious of what's going in my mouth. Hubby and I LOVE to travel and I love to eat and drink wine and try different beers. Bread and beer are my weakness. The bread has to go. lol. So I just signed up for this the other day and I am super committed to logging in all of my foods and exercise and *hopefully* can shed this weight before my 42nd birthday :)

Nice to play with the cool kids!

~ Cheryl
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski - hope you get back to the gym, soon. I can't get to the gym today (again!) - work function at lunch. Ugh.

Alf - hello! Sorry to hear that your Dad is now ill....good grief, crappy year for you, that way.

Welcome to newbies!